Sustain Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ko Hakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2011

Just wondering, not trying to be mean or vindictive:

Why remove Soraka's self cast incentive for Infuse over the mindless -soraka gains mana when casting on an ally-?

I figured you guys wanted to introduce more choices, not less. Wont this mean she will never self cast infuse? Perhaps having 3 possible targets, each with a situation where it would be best, was too much?

Lehran Fye

08-15-2011

I think all those changes will give soraka a different playstyle, a more active/smart one and i like it, the only thing that i think should be left a lone is the double mana gain when using infuse on herself i find that change unneeded and in my point of view dont adresses any of the problems the community has with her.
Anyways can't wait to try those & i am so excited to see what changes will taric have.
Soraka & Katarina player for life!

Talzsack

08-15-2011

Classic Riot, over-nerfing or over-buffing every single patch.

Nami Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2011

Hmm....I can't say I'm not happy with this nerf, Soraka is really getting on my nerves, but it does seem to be a big change. Just have to see how it goes in game

jars

08-15-2011

how is that an infuse nerf? she gets slightly(but almost as much) mana if she only uses it on herself, yet the amount of mana she generates when using it on teammates is massively increased.

Veelivar

Recruiter

08-15-2011

You're kidding me.
What the hell?

This is horrible.
*rage*

I mean, seriously. Carries and Tanky DPS outheal this with lifesteal and passives.

Why do the pure supports get nerfed into the ground, while ones with other uses are left fine? Hi Nidalee.

BeardRex

08-15-2011

You should add a support stat (like AP and AD) and add it to current support items. Call it Wisdom or something.

These changes tell me that you guys feel like AP items give supports too much sustain. I know you dont want to nerf AP items just for support, so adding another stat would really help you adjust support character to where they need to be.

Nidavelir

08-15-2011

My Rant: Poor, poor Sona...can already barely afford her heal early game, since you have to spam to make any difference. I've been having to rush a tear of the goddess just so I can use her abysmal heal, and now it's nerfed? Her heal late game is nothing, and now it's been even further reduced. And nerfing her already useless AP ratio was completely uncalled for.

I understand that a healing rework is called for, but not destruction of the support role. Soraka having a heal on a 20 second cooldown trivializes the concept of her ever playing as support, since she can no longer fulfill that role. As someone who plays Supports almost exclusively, this was a huge letdown.

Balanced Support: Going to further expand on what would be appropriate changes. Soraka does indeed have too much sustainability, but this could easily be balanced around a model like Sona, who I believe is the epitome of a balanced support. She has a large number of tools, none of which are too strong. Her heal is tiny, but she can also use it to debuff the enemy carry. Her damage is low, but it can be used to bite back if someone tries to harass. Her movement speed increase is hardly noticeable and will not really help you catch someone, but the slow is fantastic. This is a good model for support, it really works, but Sona does not have that much sustainability. Because her heal is so small, she will go oom very quickly if she tries to heal someone from low hp to full. This is great, it does not trivialize the heal OR the enemy damage.

Soraka: Soraka could benefit greatly from a small heal with a lower AP ratio. That's it! Currently, AP Soraka can stack for massive, overpowered amounts of healing that make laning against her impossible. With her same cooldown, but a heal that sticks around 200, she's still an extremely strong support, but not impossible to lane against. Her ult would be fine with a nerf exclusively to the AP ratio. Reducing her heal ratios to around .3 would make stacking AP not worth it, but would still leave her with effective heals and an ability to participate in teamfights. Her silence did need a duration reduction, but I don't see the point in removing her decision to give mana to herself or to share it. This added an extra dimension to a pretty straightforward support.

TLDR: Overall, I think Riot has the right idea, but decimating heals is not the correct execution; adjusting base numbers slightly (aiming for 170-200 max rank) and lowering AP ratios is.

IrukandjiCamel

08-15-2011

If Soraka's Infuse doesn't give double mana when selfcasting then basically you should just make it so it can't self cast. Since there is no reason to cast on yourself anymore if you're going to get mana for infusing a teammate anyway.

As a summoner who plays a lot of supports, I don't think these changes are too bad. Happy to see Sona isn't being drastically changed, although I think reducing the base heal was a bit much, but the double armor/magic resist makes up for that I suppose.

Pika Fox

08-15-2011

Scared that the CD on astral blessing may be a bit much, but will see. It definately needed a nerf, but will see if this is actually what she needs. Im sure it will be fixed if its hit too hard.