Sustain Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-15-2011

I want to say how Soraka is getting hit way too hard.

But then I remember how ****ing obnoxious it is to duo lane against her, and suddenly, I don't care.

Inskipp

08-15-2011

Soraka seems to be getting over-nerfed :/ You **** all over her AP ratios AND double her cooldowns? Also what's the point of removing the double mana- gain from self-cast infuse?

Reminds me of the last Twitch nerf.

Zelossage

08-15-2011

YOU DESTROYED MY SORAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i just finished her rune set too...

starcall: u nerfed a underpowered spell. it does lower damage and less stacks. the shred is the only upside.

astral blessing: her heal is gonna be even weaker early game and the buff to armor barely helps.

infuse: i never used it for its dmg output i mainly used it to silence. now it doesnt even hav a use anymore

wish: astral blessing and wish were the only skills that most players would focus with and now that they are nerfed she cant even heal anymore. soraka doesnt even have enough utility to balance the heal changes.

consecration: no changes to the useless passive

overall you have decimated the queen of supports. she cant heal as much as before

anymore. you increased the utility of offensive skills for a SUPPORT, not a mage. you

didnt even balance the nerfs with better utility. i was expecting like a shield not a greater

armor buff. there goes ap soraka forever. you destroyed my main riot... i now feel like the

trynd fans. her heals werent even that bad before. all the enemy team had to do is

counter with wounding. shes is already squishy and has no escape skills. in my opinion

she was balanced but powerful when played right. whats next your going to announce

soraka's legendary skin once her nerfs are released. idk what to do now. she is barely

viable now due to her heal nerf. thanks alot

i already posted this to my LoL buds on fb. if this passes im gonna possibly have to learn how to play a different champion. i loved how

she was a pure healer. those people who complained about her heals dont counter and focus her. now all soraka players are gonna be

punished for mastering a champ. AND YES I KNOW THEY ARENT FINAL CHANGES, but i know the final changes are gonna be closely

similar. :'(

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelivar View Post
I don't know about you, but my lane mates tend to be LESS passive when they have a healer int he lane.
We're talking about Nash equilibrium where both sides have healers. In that situation there is no advantage to being aggressive. Free farming is the most reliable CS at that point and actually has pay-off unlike harass which gets healed off.

Scavrefamn

08-15-2011

She's horrible now.

civ

08-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nami Dragon View Post
I think that's what Riot's trying to do.
oh i know, but the person i quoted didn't.

Right now supports are mandatory in competitive matches, but now it'll be an option with the route Riot seems to be going.

With these changes you can have :
1. a support with no cs or items that will be much less effective, but you'll have a third farmed up "solo"
2. a support with items that makes them roughly as strong as they are in their live state, but the bot lane partner won't be as farmed
3. no support at all and have more damage on the team

seems perfectly fine to me

Mourgus

08-15-2011

Why would you do this to Soraka?!?!... The LEAST you could with her heal is make the armor buff last at least as long percentage-wise as it used to (8 seconds... maybe even up it to 10 or 12)... so now you screw over her actual healing abilities and usefulness in team fights without doing anything to compensate... oh wait... made Starcall better... yay now we can have AP tank soraka?... it seems like it would do more than support soraka now...

Argodis

08-15-2011

Seriously, what is Riot thinking?

You might as well remove Sona's heal from the game.

Sona and Soraka were picked for their ability to sustain. Everything else they could do was just a bonus.

Looks like it's back to Janna/Zilean every game.

Gabriel Calder

08-15-2011

lol @ first page

Random person: "DOWNVOTE ALL THE THINGS"

PriorityOne

08-15-2011

Downvote this thread if you hate it too.