Sustain Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Woozl

08-15-2011

I think that either the CD nerf or the AP ratio nerf is enough, both seems like too much. My vote is to keep the CD 10 seconds, but nerf the heal base and ratio. Alternatively, you could nerf the heal base and ratio a ton more, lower the mana cost and reduce the CD, shifting her playstyle to a more rapid-fire small heals support rather than a giant nuke healer.

Nami Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2011

Seriously though, everyone else will be getting their heals nerfed. In the end, Soraka may still be the best healer

Veelivar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak al Maut View Post
The goal was to change the way Soraka is played. Right now she functions as a mana battery and healer which leads to passive laning. They want to shift her away from this playstyle towards a more aggressive Janna/Taric/Alistar/Zilean style support.
I don't know about you, but my lane mates tend to be LESS passive when they have a healer int he lane.

TheShortestPath

08-15-2011

You might as well condense the patch to this, it would simplify things a lot more:

Soraka
- Soraka has been removed from the game

This basically has the same effect as your proposed changes.

Prince Kassad

08-15-2011

I love you Shurelia! Can't wait for Nidalee and Taric to get in on this too! I know everyone thinks these are nerfs, but heals are OP and these champs are finally getting some love to be better clutch fighters!

Chyeaaaaaa

08-15-2011

i was just about to start playing support too....looks like thats not gonna happen

Alpengeist

08-15-2011

You might wanna remove soraka until you find a way, honestly.

3v3ryone

08-15-2011

these changes looks like sh!t for supports, that's my honest opinion.

Astral Blessing cd 20 sec? you cut ap ratio by half and increase heal amount by 1.%? are you serious? you could as well delete soraka.

Refugee

08-15-2011

Not sure why I'd ever play Sona with those changes...

FrogoftheSea

08-15-2011

And this is why I will be joining DOTA2 even faster.

Unprofessional staff. Not a company you can take serious. Illogical changes, which bud me to trust Valve a lot more (since they strike me as a for-real company). Most things the Associate Game Designer or Game Designer say contradict changes they've made. Seeing Dominion trailer makes me chuckle a bit how it's portrayed all serious-like, upping just a new game mode like it's some kind of massive expansion.

v gl fan boys.