Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sustain Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isnanu

08-15-2011

This is NOT a rework. This is a nerf. A cold hard nerf.

Malak al Maut

08-15-2011

Quote:
Phynn51:
Shurelia, when you nerf something on a champion so hard that it might even change the way she's PLAYED ENTIRELY, you need to COMPENSATE.

I see NO COMPENSATION. Biggest nerf I've seen in this game so far.

The goal was to change the way Soraka is played. Right now she functions as a mana battery and healer which leads to passive laning. They want to shift her away from this playstyle towards a more aggressive Janna/Taric/Alistar/Zilean style support.

Nami Dragon

Recruiter

08-15-2011

Quote:
civ:
What? no.

Nerfing AP ratios increases the need for farm. Soraka in her current role of "no cs, no items" supporting with these changes would make her absolutely worthless, which is what Riot wants. Riot wants to kill the passive farm-fest of bot lane and the way to do it is by nerfing base values on heals and nerfing ap ratios to force the support to farm or have their lane be aggressive.

I think that's what Riot's trying to do.

Chaos the mirror

08-15-2011

I like the direction this goes in. Soraka's kit is overall much nicer, and the changes to starcall means she will RIP mr in team fights. That means that her team does more damage overall, which keeps her in the support role while still leaning back on her sustain.

Sona I am not sold on, I will have to see what her other skills are changed to because that skill alone is pretty bad looking.

Devare

08-15-2011

These look like some really good changes off the bat, of course they need some tweaking numbers wise, all in all, I believe riot as a team has hit the main points of "Where and What" Those being in the ratios, what being the cool downs and timers.

Dance Dark

08-15-2011

I don't care how much I get downvoted: heals are terrible to this game's health, and I'm happy they're nerfed. What the hell was the point in even trying to be aggressive against Soraka? She healed ANY damage you did to her. The only possible way to kill someone with Soraka was either with a strong jungle gank or with a Vayne wall stun against her. You couldn't even try to make her run out of mana because of her Infuse. If you didn't have a healer and you laned against one, you pretty much lost the lane unless the other side was really bad.

And the new MR shred on Soraka's Q is pretty scary. Not only does it shred more, but it shreds more often at a lower cooldown. If you get hit by 4 of those, that's already a loss of a Negatron Cloak's worth of MR, and it's an AoE effect. The only thing I'm worried about is the range, which may keep Starcall impractical anyway. And 125 armor is freaking godly, not to mention that the duration was increased by an entire second.

Conncept

08-15-2011

Oh my gosh, just freaking redesign Soraka. She should not have two heals and be the only champ in the game who can give mana, and if she does why should BOTH her heals be better than Sona's by leaps and bounds? Let's just remove Sona from the game and auto-lock Soraka onto the last slot of each team in every match!

yendayo

08-15-2011

thats a big nerf for one time. I like the starcall buff/change, but does this mean we should play soraka as tank? ...ummm.

If her heal burst is too much, why not make it heal over period of time.

Måo Zedong

08-15-2011

Quote:
The goal was to change the way Soraka is played. Right now she functions as a mana battery and healer which leads to passive laning. They want to shift her away from this playstyle towards a more aggressive Janna/Taric/Alistar/Zilean style support.

Not really though. I mean Zilean can do decent damage and hold a solo lane , but really supports are there to support. Zilean no matter how farmed can still bring someone back from the dead , and can still slow an enemy or speed an ally up. You can give Soraka damage , but is an armor buff on a 20 second cd really going to compete with what other ap carries (or even ap / dps hybrid supports) can do?.... Nope. Is an offensive shred / play style ever going to work on a support that can't solo mid or top? nope. You bring a support because they can function without farm , pushing soraka's ap ratios up on spells in an attempt to make up for utility nerfs just makes her farm dependant. Which means you can't consider her a support any more , and must consider her a carry. Soraka vs any other carry in the game? l0l...... she doesn't come close.... Ive kinda given up on riot tbh , there is a culture of "if champion doesn't play how we want , instead of making it viable in a different way , we will just destroy it instead". Its amateurish at best.

so ya l0l.... soraka es dead . Moving on

larrylarry

08-15-2011

Quote:
Isnanu:
This is NOT a rework. This is a nerf. A cold hard nerf.

125 armor buff for 5 seconds. in lane against another standard EU bot that might as well be a 5 second kayle ulti on a 20 second cooldown.

try it before you bash it