Sustain Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauntiago

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurelia View Post
hello community!

In the spirit of sharing information i would like to give you all a preview of the support portion of the sustain remake that we are gradually pushing out to solve the sustain problems. The goal of the changes was to lower total healing per second, while trying to retain the saving power of the heals, or even increasing them. In the cast of some characters who suffer from lacking of things to do due to cooldowns, we've given much more power to their other abilities, and made them more frequently castable.

once again a disclaimer: These changes are not final until they're live, and may be subject to change, please do not use this against me as i would love to continue this exchange of information.

soraka

* starcall
** cooldown reduced to 2.5 from 3
** base damage reduced to 60/85/110/135/160 from 60/90/120/150/180
** ap ratio increased to .4 from .25
** mana cost reduced to 35/40/45/50/55 from 40/50/60/70/80
** shred increased to 8/9/10/11/12 from 8/8/8/8/8
** maximum stacks reduced to 10 from 20

* astral blessing
** ap ratio reduced to 0.45 from 0.9
** cooldown increased to 20 from 10
** base heal increased to 65/130/195/260/325 from 60/120/180/240/300
** armor buff increased to 25/50/75/100/125 from 20/35/50/65/80
** armor buff duration increased to 5 from 4
** cast range increased to 750 from 650

* infuse
** ap ratio increased to .75 from .6
** cooldown reduced to 10 from 15
** silence duration compressed to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3
** no longer grants double mana to soraka on selfcast.

* wish
** wish ap ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1.3
** base heal reduced to 200/300/400 from 200/320/440
** mana cost reduced to 100/175/250 from 200/275/350

sona
* aria of perseverance
** base heal reduced to 25/50/75/100/125 from 35/70/105/140/175
** ap ratio reduced to .25 from .35
** now grants double her passive aura bonus to her heal target and herself for 3 seconds.
* fixed a bug where hymn of valor and aria of perseverance caused her to deal 20% reduced damage
* reduced the lockout time while casting sona's songs to make them more responsive.

more coming soon when i get the info. I don't have information on the other healers yet.

if you want to discuss healing changes, join the pvp.net chatroom "supportdiscussion" , i'll try to hang out in there when i can.
i hate you for all time.

Schneeblee

08-15-2011

It looks like everyone very confused and has no idea what they are talking about.

All heals will be nerfed, utility will be buffed.

I hope it's not that hard to understand, but ragers are posting like an uninformed lunatics. Post something constructive and keep an open mind ffs.

Nothing is final.

Nothing

xXBlooDYMagEXx

08-15-2011

you try to break the current meta
GJ /support

Artisanbreaded

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2011

this sucks. i just started to enjoy playing support. sonaaaaaa nooooooooo

if you really wanted to make them less viable with their heals, why dont you just put a heal debuff on it? like with the summoner spell. thats really the only problem with it right? spam healing?

seriously. playing supports is fun because you can save team mates, but with heal amount reduced for sona and cd increased on soraka, theyll be as useless as eve is right now.

GyptIce

08-15-2011

@Shurelia

I think...I think I hate you in such a massive amount that I can't find suitable words to describe it...

It's beyond comprehension.

Btw can I get my refunds on the following skins since you know, the champs they are for are or are going to be complete ****: Battleborn Kayle, Divine Soraka, Muse Sona, Shadow Evelynn.

Please and thanks nerf master ****-faces.

Rachel

08-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneeblee View Post
It looks like everyone very confused and has no idea what they are talking about.

I hope it's not that hard to understand, but ragers are posting like an uninformed lunatics. Post something constructive and keep an open mind ffs.

Nothing is final.

Nothing
But that's just it
people play soraka because they ENJOY healing
If they don't then gtfo play a different champion

So thats why people are complaining
they want a healbot champion
they dont want a buff/debuff bot

Pilige

08-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Tolkien View Post
Her mana sustain is actually getting a buff (well, self-cast not so much, but if she casts it on her lane-mate...).
That I'm fine with. Being able to pretty much replace your mana is broken. I've laned against too many Mord and Soraka combinations...talk about impossible to push out.

Majero

08-15-2011

ok so Soraka got hit hard

WHAT ABOUT NIDALEE

Bleedndreamz

08-15-2011

Lol... So dumb...

Nerf healing reduction in one patch.

Next thing we know "Omg healing sustain is OP"

Then uber nerf support classes. The question is eventually going to become "Why bring supports" there are very few that have the necessary amount of utility to shine without their sustain capabilities.

First one naturally being Janna. However beyond that...

Taric in some cases.

Soraka outright just loses her value period.

Sona loses a lot of value as well.

The support/carry bottom lane is no longer as strong because of this, but at the same time it brings up the question of "Where do we put supports?" when non support/carry lanes will have the potential to quite easily beat them out.

FrozenChinchilla

08-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneeblee View Post

Nothing is final.

Nothing
If utility was getting buffed then we'd see Shaco getting attention...