gold items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiaKun

08-15-2011

why are they unique now?

1: it takes about 17 minutes just to earn back the money for buying the item in the first place.
2: they give low stats compared to other items that are just a little more expensive to buy.

so even if some one stacks 6 of them they have barley over the the stats they would have if they bought just one item for about 1000g.
i personally don't stack gold items but never found it to be a problem... sure a person can hide/die most the game until they get enough gold to buy a few good items with out having to get kills... but they have been weak the first 40-50 minutes of the game and by that time it is usually too late. (mostly cuz your team is giving up instead of the chance you have to win)

if people want to stack gold items i say let them.... this is again another way Riot has been forcing people in to 1 build for each char in stead of being free to build how you want.

Sparkling Shibe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

08-15-2011

philo stone provides great regen stats, so its great to throw in for laning. PLus when you seel it back, you will have gained more than you spent on it.

Heart of gold builds into Randuins... nuff said

Snes C

08-15-2011

So preventing people from stacking several of the same Gold/10 item somehow limits their build options and forces them into the same build as everyone else? Everyone was buying three Philo Stones or two Hearts of Gold. By making the gold effects unique, Riot has removed this boring build option from the game.

KiaKun

08-15-2011

Hmmm... didn't think about how much it sells for that is a good point.

soo building many of the same thing is boring uh.... well then how about removing phontoms+IE option too... bet you wouldn't like that.

MarcusGraves

08-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaKun View Post
Hmmm... didn't think about how much it sells for that is a good point.

soo building many of the same thing is boring uh.... well then how about removing phontoms+IE option too... bet you wouldn't like that.
what does phantom + IE have to do with this? thats not building 2-3 of the same item, people do build multiple phantom dancers now and then but i don't find it to be a good idea. oh and i really hope people aren't build more than one IE, you only need 1 for the crit damage boost

KiaKun

08-15-2011

i see a lot of x2 or x3 phantoms.
building more then one IE is okish... it dose give 20 more damage then an other item... but i agree that it is worth more to get a cheaper item with an other stat like lifesteal or att speed/armor penx3.

but my point is why take away the option to build that way

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2011

Quote:
but my point is why take away the option to build that way
The reason that you can't stack multiple Avarice, Kage, Philo or Heart for the gold effect is because you could have someone stack 3 Philos, suddenly they have 54 HP regen and 24 Mana regen, that's definitely going to sustain their laning. Give a tank like Alistar 3 Hearts of Gold, he's earning a bonus 1.5 gold per second and has 750 health to scale with his ultimate. Old Tryn and GP builds included stacking Avarice just cause it was the cheapest gp/10 item and it gave a good crit bonus.

Not only does it encourage build diversity, but if they farm those items within the first 15 minutes, late game they're making heavy cash and they don't need to farm for anything.

gp/10 items have been gamebreaking when you could stack 6 of the same one because it gave a total of 72% crit/150 AP/1500 HP/135 HP regen 60 mana regen (pre nerf, post nerf it's 108 and 48 which is still huge like Mundo+Veigar), and it gives 3 gold per second at that point.

KiaKun

08-15-2011

isn't the unique part only aplyed to the gold and not the health/mana regen?

MarcusGraves

08-15-2011

Quote:
isn't the unique part only aplyed to the gold and not the health/mana regen?
ya its only for the gold but why stack PS just for the regen when you could be building better items?

KiaKun

08-16-2011

well even with the gold stacking the other items are still better.
really the only champs i could see stacking gold items on are champs that cant farm like leona and soraka.