Forum Tips and Tricks.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

colloquial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobraeik View Post
I am a Junior Member , how can i "upgrade" it ? Thank you , if anyone could send me the answer privatly
The answer to this question is in the very first post of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
An ungrouped forumite begins as a Junior Member. 30 posts net him Member status, and 100 Senior Member.
And there is no way to privately send messages on these forums.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by S T View Post
This thread needs new pics.
You were right, so I made new pics. Now it doesn't

IS135c601a6ca14c2075e58

09-15-2010

is there any plan to get Private Message function to be implemented at the forums?

do the forum email notification option is working? (I tried to subscribe to some topics but never got any email, so I have to save the topic URLs into a txt file and check them one per one each day ,annoying in some cases I'm basically unable to notice about replies ) :/

what about the forum signatures? do they exist on this forum?

colloquial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

09-15-2010

There is not plan to create a private messaging system.

Quote:
Why can't we ever have forum PMs, they are sooo helpful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
We have no desire to bloat the forums - it adds unnecessary load, legal issues regarding data/message storage, cs complaints of harassment, blah blah blah - introduces too many issues in my opinion.

I prefer forums to be clean and easy.
The forum email notification does not work yet, but Pendragon has lots of plans for improving the forums, they are just lower on the priority list than server stability and other things.

Forum signatures do not exist, and there is no plan to create them. Consensus it that they add unnecessary clutter, and would take a lot more time to moderate. And since the boards have no moderating system developers would have to take the time to look through the forums from time to time to check up on signatures.

IS135c601a6ca14c2075e58

09-16-2010

thank you for the help

well,looks like I will need to stick with URLs into notepad for a while

Prikoke

09-29-2010

Here's a tip for you...
If you want to switch to EU from US, or from EU to US, than you should use "LoL Server Switcher v2"
A new version of the program, that now works with the updated League of Legends system.
Download: http://*******.com/LoL-Server-Switcher-v2
Extract the executables into LoL directory (where is lol.launcher.exe). You won't need to use the standard shortcut anymore, so make shortcuts to these 2 executables.

Enter the shortcuts/executables, it'll launch LoL,
If it says Server Offline/Busy, click teemo/blitzcrank face, and do this from arrow keys:
UP, Down, Left, Right, Up, Up, Down, Down. Than click on Play!

If you have trouble with downloading it, contact me at silviuvlad93@yahoo.com

PS: Don't thumb down before you try it, if you try it you'll see that it works great.
And... Not a virus/keylogger/malware... : http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...58#post2971358

Have Fun!

M13online

Master Recruiter

10-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyloslawer View Post
why can't we use avatars? :\ it rlly makes it alot harder to tell members from each other.
Avatars are needed. This game is presently the KING of "free" games.....you guys need to be less stingy.

Also when are you going to fix the Search?

EXP Destin

11-16-2010

is there anyway to change the title of your thread after it's posted
and also is there any way to delete a thread?

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

11-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinhTran View Post
is there anyway to change the title of your thread after it's posted
and also is there any way to delete a thread?
If theres been no response, yes, otherwise it locks in the title

no you can't delete a thread

HeatTransferGuy

12-03-2010

In the OP you mention always searching before posting and I whole heartedly agree, but every time I have tried to search on the LOL forums I get an access denied page