Champs with strongest early game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xpew75

03-12-2014

For mid and for top?

Isamichi

03-12-2014

The pinnacle of strong Early midlane champs is Leblanc. She just stomps in the laning phase if played well.
Against conventional AP mid champs, AD bruisers will give them a problem and be strong against them early such as Pan, Zed, and Kha.

Nasreth

03-12-2014

what he said^

some good top lane bullies are renekton, riven, darius, karma, and shyvana.

Arkham Reaper

03-12-2014

Teemo or Heimerare great early game, due to Teemos poison and Heimers turrets. For top, try Renekton or Yi. Renekton is just beast and Yi has an alpha strike and meditate.

JarOfSARS

03-12-2014

A lot of the suggestions here are strong picks, but not necessarily powerful early game. Yi is alright early, but he's particularly good mid-late... he'd also lose against anyone I've pointed out later (next paragraph). Leblanc is strong, but not until she goes back at least once (she's not particularly strong pre-6, just average early and then spikes up early-mid and can snowball from there), though she's still probably one of the earliest scaling mids. I would put Shyvana, Zed, and Kha in a category where they're not super strong early but they hit a mid-game spike where they can put in serious work... I'd call them more mid-game champs than early.

When I think of super strong early early game I immediately think of Renekton, Pantheon, Darius, Xin Zhao, Garen, and Lee Sin. Most of these are top laners, though Panth or Lee could go mid for some matchups. These are the champs that take an edge in the lane as early as level 1-2 and can keep it going for quite a while when played well. There's a reason they're all top-laners, too: most mages and assasins spike in strength in the midgame, and they make up almost all "usual" midlaners. There are very few mids that are particularly strong early, and these few are generally not dedicated mid lane champs but champs that can go top or mid (like Lee or Panth). There are some mids that get going earlier, but none in particular that are strong truly early, like level 1-3. Not to say that it's impossible to get kills there, but usually it'd be more due to a misplay by your opponent than the champion itself being very powerful at that point in the game. Some examples of these semi-early champs would be Leblanc, Fizz, Ryze, and Annie (RIP mid annie).