Akali Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MageRage

05-10-2010

I agree with some of what people have said. She sounds interesting, but I'd like to know what her weaknesses are. Saying 'she's squishy' just doesn't cut it. 60% of champions are squishy.

Yes, it did sound a lot like 'omg, look at me, I'm dashing away from danger all the time, I'm so awesome.' Putting the spotlight on a champion shows you how they function and what they can do, but should also provide you with a list of do's and do-not's. All I heard the entire video was a ninja fanboy going 'shadow dance shadow dance shadow dance'.

Chaos the mirror

05-10-2010

I like this video, it highlights areas where she did well even though you lost the game overall.

I hope to see more like it.

crazy47

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2010

awesome seems very promising with lots of strategy with her. Doesn't seem op at all but very fun indeed.

slysmee

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Greetings summoners,

The third member of the Kinkou Order is upon us. Akali, the Fist of Shadow will be making her way into the League of Legends. Those of you looking for a shadowy, stealthy, jump-kicking, <i>ninja</i>, then Akali is the champion for you!

Click on the video just below and also scroll farther down for more detailed information on build, strategy, and playstyle.

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=110073&amp;layout=standard
&amp;show_faces=false&amp;width=450&amp;action=lik e&amp;font&amp;colorscheme=dark&amp;height=35" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:450px; height:35px;"
allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w8UjQ_hYfh4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w8UjQ_hYfh4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Akali plays as an assassin, using her mobility and supremely high spike damage to kill champions and get out. Opening a battle with Shadow Dance, then hitting all 3 other skills, only to Shadow Dance out before your stealth ends, is an extremely rewarding way to crush your enemies. Mark of the Assassin makes for an excellent harassment and farming tool, especially if you can trigger its on-hit effect. Twilight Shroud is an excellent defensive ability. It's awesome mid-fight to ensure you don't take damage for too long, but also great for escaping as the video shows. Crescent Slash is the main ability I use in the video, and is also amazing for farming as well as teamfight damage output.

With one damage quintessence, the offense masteries, and a Doran's Blade, you can start out with half of Akali's passive while also starting with bonus health. I try to work towards Guinsoo's Rageblade and if I think I'll do well, both Mejai's Soulstealer and Sword of the Occult. Leviathan also has a place on Akali as well if you think you'll make it worth your while. There are tons of great items on Akali afterwards: Trinity Force or Lich Bane can give you excellent damage output thanks to her low cooldowns. Deathfire Grasp, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, and Zhonya's Ring make for great Ability Power items. Youmuu's Ghostblade works great with Crescent Slash and physical-oriented Akali as the armor penetration will be invaluable.

My skill order is:
  1. Mark of the Assassin
  2. Twilight Shroud
  3. Crescent Slash
  4. Crescent Slash
  5. Crescent Slash
  6. Shadow Dance
  7. Crescent Slash
  8. Mark of the Assassin
  9. Crescent Slash
  10. Mark of the Assassin
  11. Shadow Dance
  12. Mark of the Assassin
  13. Mark of the Assassin
  14. Twilight Shroud
  15. Twilight Shroud
  16. Shadow Dance
  17. Twilight Shroud
  18. Twilight Shroud

My item build, along with some other recommend items in no particular order are:
  • Doran's Blade + Health Potion
  • Boots of Speed - Sorcerer's Shoes or Mercury Treads
  • Amplifying Tome - Mejai's Soulstealer
  • Guinsoo's Rageblade
  • Youmuu's Ghostblade
  • (optional) Sword of the Occult, Leviathan
  • Trinity Force
  • Rylai's Crystal Scepter
  • Deathfire Grasp
  • Zhonya's Ring
  • Infinity Edge
  • Last Whisper
Hopefully last ninja assassin for a while

slysmee

05-10-2010

Another Ninja assassin?

LegendaryCaoCao

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizfist View Post
She looks op
Looks can be deceiving. She seems alright to me.

Frogomancer

05-10-2010

I honestly didn't find this Spotlight as helpful as the others. I'm still kind of in a fog about how her Shadow Dance works, something with Charges apparently. Her passive is a little confusing too, and it would have been nice to see an example of a build, a hybrid P. Attack/AP I assume, explained instead of having to just look at the items you picked up.

I still admire your dedication though, just throwing out some small criticism. She seems like a blast to play still.

Brandon Heat

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by slysmee View Post
Hopefully last ninja assassin for a while
Riot announced the release of 3 ninja champions a long time ago, and it shouldn't come as a surprise that they indeed released 3 ninja champions.

Read.

YinYie

05-10-2010

price?

BLEACH444

05-10-2010

she going to be like 6300