Beginners Phrases and Acronyms in LoL

12345612 ... 33
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theostru

05-11-2010

Definitely think you should add in golem and lizard (and the corresponding blue and red). A lot of early players don't even know/remember they exist, which is a problem in and of itself.

Exsequien

05-11-2010

Does anybody know what "ss" means? Heard that last game. Think it has something to do with an enemy going back to fountain to heal up.

Dracorya

05-11-2010

SS? I would assume that meant Screenshot but...I dunno what context it was in your situtation.

WolfSummoner

05-11-2010

SS is Summoner Spell

Fallen 62

05-11-2010

I use SS as screenshot; I've never heard it as Summoner Spell, but I can see where that comes in *shrug*

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

05-11-2010

I'll be going through these posts sometime this evening and updating any that need to be added.

Thanks for the help, guys. You're excellent.

Truffinator

05-11-2010

k/d - should know that but if someone asked you dude look at thier k/d you should know what that means

stacks - stacks on snowball items

forum talk: has nerf been talked about? well hopefully noobs know what buff and nerf mean as in patches, like udyr is nerfed to nothing and yi was buffed to something usefull

all i can think of atm

ZaNi5971

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exsequien View Post
Does anybody know what "ss" means? Heard that last game. Think it has something to do with an enemy going back to fountain to heal up.
As in HoN and DotA, use of 'ss' in game is generally an abbreviation of 'miss' or 'mia'. It means someone is missing from that lane. This is noted on a similar acronym guide for HoN here, and a lively dispute about it can be read here. It's not very common to see people use 'ss' over 'mia' or 'miss'. In forums, I've mostly seen it used in place of screenshot, if at all.

Rosh

05-11-2010

SS could be alot of things like people said but ss may be "soul stealer" its a snowball item. On a side note in conjunction with missing or mia is "re" meaning the player returned.

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exsequien View Post
It could be one of several things such as:

Summoner Spell
Screenshot
Soulstealer (the item Mejai's Soulstealer)
Siphoning Strike (An ability of Nasus)

and a few others, but these are the more popular uses.

12345612 ... 33