Gameplay and Matchmaking FAQ

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RHINO Mk II

Senior Member

06-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombiePuff View Post
Can anyone describe the math behind the Elo Rating system?
Complex.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deadly Spoon

Member

06-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCrusader View Post
i belief everyone wants to know how bad/good they are cus im alwayse paired up with feeders and they "focus"feed the carry till the point where the enemy has no more slots to put any more good items
im just saying....
I disagree, it will become a "noob" flame war inside the game and some people will quit before the game sstarts because the people that are in the team are "too nooby".

What could be done is that a personal score in profile could be available to see how good you are. It should not be possible to see how bad other people are in public matchmaking games or it won't be fun to play. I know this because I got flamed so much for my stats in dota SIG while I wasn't THAAT bad at all and didn't deserve so much flame.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Copter69

Junior Member

07-16-2010

Why cant you buy steroids at the shop?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowatom

Senior Member

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copter69 View Post
Why cant you buy steroids at the shop?
Thats messed up do you really need steroids dude this is a game for fun ever champion can be beat by any champion god man you dont need that stuff to win they dont want kids on drugs dude you are a sick dude.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RHINO Mk II

Senior Member

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copter69 View Post
Why cant you buy steroids at the shop?
Fortitude Elixir.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kungfengshui

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-08-2010

Anyone know how it handles averaging the ratings for players of huge discrepancy? For instance, how does it find matches for a group of Summoners levels 1 - 10 and ELO from say 900 to 1200?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

colloquial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfengshui View Post
Anyone know how it handles averaging the ratings for players of huge discrepancy? For instance, how does it find matches for a group of Summoners levels 1 - 10 and ELO from say 900 to 1200?
The exact formula is unknown. But its basically the average. I know that when I play with worse friends it is usually a somewhat fair match, because the enemies are the average of our ranking. But other times the opponents are clearly the level of my friends, and other times clearly far better than them.

Dealing with wide ranking discrepancies is a difficult thing to handle in a game like this, but I think the matchmaking system does a decent job considering all the factors it has to deal with.

It probably matters a lot on who else is queued at the same time as you, and how many people are in your premade, and other factors. Riot is pretty secretive about the gritty details of how their matchmaking system works.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M0rD0r

Junior Member

09-16-2010

To the managers of LOL.

How can I continue to be matched up on a solo game against high level arranged teams? How can I continue to be matched up against teams that has their lowest level player higher than our highest level player?
I have tried to play this game for over 6 months and am totally frustrated. I have 5 accounts and the same thing happens again and again. I want to keep playing it but get over matched again and again. Why does this keep happening? Others tell me they are often paired with high level players repeatedly and winning is easy cause the teams they play are all lower levels with few wins.
Am I destined to play on inferior teams as long as I try to play LOL?
Am I on a "terrible player list"?
Am I blacklisted for some reason?
Are you trying to run me off?
Am I put into the 'non-cash player pool' cause I have not at yet bought any RP?
I check the levels and wins after each match and 75% of the time the other team out levels and out wins anyone on my team.
I am not a great player by any means but the mismatch of teams is insurmountable.

Please I would just appreciate some kind of response why this continues to happen.

I know you won't respond to my questions but I had to put them in print.

M0rD0r, 2, 3, 4 and 5


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Targoun

Junior Member

10-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rD0r View Post
To the managers of LOL.

How can I continue to be matched up on a solo game against high level arranged teams? How can I continue to be matched up against teams that has their lowest level player higher than our highest level player?
I have tried to play this game for over 6 months and am totally frustrated. I have 5 accounts and the same thing happens again and again. I want to keep playing it but get over matched again and again. Why does this keep happening? Others tell me they are often paired with high level players repeatedly and winning is easy cause the teams they play are all lower levels with few wins.
Am I destined to play on inferior teams as long as I try to play LOL?
Am I on a "terrible player list"?
Am I blacklisted for some reason?
Are you trying to run me off?
Am I put into the 'non-cash player pool' cause I have not at yet bought any RP?
I check the levels and wins after each match and 75% of the time the other team out levels and out wins anyone on my team.
I am not a great player by any means but the mismatch of teams is insurmountable.

Please I would just appreciate some kind of response why this continues to happen.

I know you won't respond to my questions but I had to put them in print.

M0rD0r, 2, 3, 4 and 5
Someone's on tilt. You need to sit back and relax. No one is singling you out. This isn't World of warcraft where higher levels means OP equipment from the get go. This is more like chess, a measurement of ones ability's. There's a lot more involved here the running out and beating on peoples heads. I'd take a break if I were you and wait till you can come back with a better attitude.

Your already losing if you think they're stacking the deck against you on purpose. It's wrong thinking, and I see the same thing happen to fellow poker players when they decided luck or the poker gods are against them. Your just going to constantly lose because you think there making you lose on purpose.

Trust me, they want you too win and like their game. That way your going to spend money on what you like. They're not here to drive people away in frustration. Anyways, take a chill pill dude.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dizuane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

12-03-2010

As far as the Elo system is concerned, does it update *EVERY* game? And is matched game rating take the place of Elo (or is it one and the same)? Just curious as a few friends of mine and I were discussing this last night, and I'm still fairly new to the game itself.


123