How do you lane against riven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shadow9712

11-08-2013

My usual top laner is Jayce but i seem to get destroyed by almost every riven, shure i can get 1st blood on her since Jayce's lvl 1 damge is awesome but the thing is the moment she hits 3 i can't even get in range to cs in cannon form since she will just dash to me, take 1/2 my hp away and then just dash away with a shield.
So can anyone give me tips on how to lane against that 0.0

Ragsalot

11-08-2013

The easiest counter to riven is ranged poke. If you play Jayce against her, you should be ok if you stay in cannon form. Even if she does start running at you to hit you, hit your hammer stance as she starts running at you. She might get off a stun and a little damage, but use your E to hit her away, switch back to cannon (it should have been a few seconds since you switched so you should be able to swap back by now), hit E again for your speed gate, and run away. As you retreat, hit your Q toward her, and when it goes thru your gate it'll deal more damage.

She's gonna hurt you, but with that strategy she won't be able to kill you. Just deal little auto attack pokes when you can and try your best to stay out of her melee range. If she can't catch you, she can't kill you.

Back to countering her in general, anyone with ranged poke and an escape will melt her. Ezreal, even though he is very squishy, can take down a fed riven with no problem whatsoever, granted the Ez player knows what they're doing. Fizz, Vlad, Yorick, WW, Cho all do pretty well vs. Riven. They've all got some sort of ranged poke or escape combo that allow them to hurt riven without taking any damage in return. Just try out various champs with ranged poke and see which suits you best against Riven.

Naaaaaadrooooooj

11-08-2013

Riven is broken

Ragsalot

11-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naaaaaadrooooooj View Post
Riven is broken
Only if you get close enough to let her get off a full combo on you. Like stated above, if she can't catch you, she can't kill you. True 100% of the time

a1sock

11-08-2013

garen for melee works for me

subbronze

11-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragsalot View Post
Ezreal, even though he is very squishy, can take down a fed riven with no problem whatsoever, granted the Ez player knows what they're doing. Fizz, Vlad, Yorick, WW, Cho all do pretty well vs. Riven. They've all got some sort of ranged poke or escape combo that allow them to hurt riven without taking any damage in return. Just try out various champs with ranged poke and see which suits you best against Riven.
Add Quinn to that list

I've fought Riven top 6 times as Quinn (two were grouped so mmr may vary.) Dominated her all but one time (that time I still wrecked her, but I suck as Quinn Vs a Yi jungle and the couple Gragas roams didn't help.) Riven can't do anything to Quinn.

Wizit Strogg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragsalot View Post
Fizz, Vlad, Yorick, WW, Cho all do pretty well vs. Riven.
Chogath is a BAD lane against riven. The problem is cho's early game before he gets feast stacks up. It is almost a guranteed first blood for riven if the cho doesn't keep his distance. One of the best counters to riven is garen when played correctly. Just bait her into going aggressive and silence her. Then spin to win on her and back off before the spin is over. You should win the trades no problem.