Magic Thornmail

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xRiney

08-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyroxis View Post
Veigar meteors and ults you. Kills self.

That's why.
How? 30% even wouldnt kill him. Herp I ulted for 800, I took 250 damage back. Big deal.

Kanonyx

08-17-2011

Just an item that gives 100 magic resist without a passive would be good.

Vuther

08-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRiney View Post
How? 30% even wouldnt kill him. Herp I ulted for 800, I took 250 damage back. Big deal.
Veigar does a bit more than his ultimate, though. Casting his abilities while pimped out in ability power items (not even including Baleful Strike farming) and taking 30% would probably at least cause him to be half dead, which isn't peanuts in damage. If the enemy has their own caster who'd likely be in range if Veigar can target a squishy carry on their own team, they'd probably be able to easily kill Veigar by only hitting him with some of the AoE damage common for casters and not focusing him with all their abilities. It'd be way too much free damage for a single item that causes no counterplay save for Veigar completely ignoring the target, which is definitely a disaster of an idea when built on a carry that a caster is generally supposed to focus..

The Untold

08-17-2011

no... just no. I agree that there needs to be more options for anti mage items, but melee's can counter thornmail with lifesteal and a little bit of MR, mages can counter a magic thornmail with a hextech revolver and an abyssal scepter

PorygonL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2011

This would make tanks op
>especially galio

Elalya

08-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztune View Post
There's a simple reason why there will be no magic thornmail:

Thornmail reflects damage received from auto attacks only. Auto attackers usually do most of their damage this way. It's sustainable damage that doesn't expire or go on cooldown. There needs to be an item that can counter this at least a little bit.

Casters rely on spell damage, which is usually bursty in nature and is generally on cooldown and/or requires a resource such as energy or mana, keeping you from spamming it until somebody is dead.
>Casted GP Q on someone
>Took 150 damage
>Cried

Anyways, my opinions on this reflect everyone else's, including the post I'm quoting.

Due to the bursty and AoE nature of casters, the amount of damage that would be reflected is far too great.

>Deathcap/Voidstaff Annie gets a good R off, hitting 5 people for 600 damage each.
>3000 Damage
>Takes 900 Damage.
>Same Annie casts her cone, hitting 5 people for 500 damage each.
>Takes 750 Damage.

She casts a two spell combo and has less than half her HP left. Don't forget that she is also spamming her Q every 3 seconds.

hoebagcommander

08-18-2011

I would love to see a Karthus Ult with this item... Suicide in 3..2..1..poof

nephdj

08-18-2011

Check Eu boards, big topic there were people have been discussing it for months.

NA boards are terrible when it comes to anything anti-AP

Autocthon

08-18-2011

BV or QsS are the Thornmails of Magic Damage.

TealNinje

08-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3phx View Post
Check Eu boards, big topic there were people have been discussing it for months.

NA boards are terrible when it comes to anything anti-AP
The "magic thornmail" had been discussed on the NA forum for over a year. It isn't going to happen.