Dota2 graphics look better then league first look

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ions03

08-15-2011

This game is in beta and the graphics look alot better then league even the new models and upgrades dont compare i think its make or break riot this patch will show us alot...

If your servers r down when the biggest patch ever comes out .... Thats an issue FYI valve threw a ton of cash at servers for this game did u guys and why r BETA graphics better then a live game with 15+ Mill accts???? MHMMM valve A M E R I C A N company as well

BadgerBarrage

08-15-2011

Ummm Dota 2 is a new game while LoL has been out for a while. It may be in beta, but isn't it expected to be out sometime soon-ish? By that point the graphics are pretty much done and it's more about polish/balance.

Edit: Especially given that "beta" these days seems to be more akin to "demo."
Edit2: Also, updating the graphics in a game that is already running probably takes a good deal of effort for not all that much gain. The gain in hype/users for stellar graphics is much greater when a game is first released.

Serpentongue

08-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ions03 View Post
This game is in beta and the graphics look alot better then league even the new models and upgrades dont compare i think its make or break riot this patch will show us alot...

If your servers r down when the biggest patch ever comes out .... Thats an issue FYI valve threw a ton of cash at servers for this game did u guys and why r BETA graphics better then a live game with 15+ Mill accts???? MHMMM valve A M E R I C A N company as well
DotA 2 uses TF2's engine, while LoL uses it's own. Valve has far more resources than Riot, so it's only natural for DotA 2 to look prettier than LoL.

Flak153

08-15-2011

same reason newer MMOs have better graphics than WoW.

MrDragonNoncreep

08-15-2011

Dota 1 w better graphics, Nothing new

Wasselin

08-15-2011

Still I do wish LoL was prettier!!

They should adopt the CryEngine 3. Think of what the river could look like!

Chris017

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2011

Its about the gameplay not the graphics >> That's why League of Legends beats Heroes of *******.

Wasselin

08-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris017 View Post
Its about the gameplay not the graphics >> That's why League of Legends beats Heroes of *******.
Always someone has to bring this up. Why can't it be about both?

Chris017

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2011

Cause Heroes of ******* is copying League of Legends? Don't tell me it's not true ><

Sipricy

08-15-2011

LoL copies Dota, so your argument is invalid.