Wriggle's Lantern > more then 1 doran

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nillthium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2011

ok after reading this thread:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1098610

i decided to do the math for the lazy people:

firstly getting lantern helps your support with warding and he could get some items faster or your lane will be even more secure.

now lets do the math

lets forget for a sec from the FREE WARDS that can saves you lot of money.

3 dorans gives 9% life steal 300 hp 30 damage cost 1425g Sell for 714g total price after selling 711g
1 WL gives 18% life steal 30 armor 23 damage cost 1600g Sell for 1120g total price after selling 420g

so if you are planning to get 3 dorans and sell them later i think Lantern would be better choice.

even if you only buy 2 dorans the total price is 474 thats means on late game lantern is even better then 2 dorans.

omg after doig this math i will start buying wriggles as ad carry on late game getting it is even cheaper then 2 dorans .

EDIT:

3 dorans gives 9% life steal 300 hp 30 damage cost 1425g Sell for 714g total price after selling 711g
1 WL and 1 dora gives 21% life steal 30 armor 33 damage cost 2075g Sell for 1358g total price after selling 657g

BTW : total price means the price after selling it.

TLDR: wriggles total price is cheaper then 2 dorans and 3 dorans

TLDR 2: wriggles and 1 doran total price is cheaper then 3 dorans

bump!

3mptylord

08-14-2011

Well I'll be darned.

MadeHerSquirtle

08-14-2011

300 health is pretty significant. Why don't you throw two Ruby Crystals in with your Wriggles math and two cloth armors and a Vampiric with your Doran's math.

AntiTcb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2011

They fill different niches. Wriggle's is more about killing non-champions as fast as possible where as Doran's Blade provides more raw damage. Wriggle's will unnecessarily push your lane where as Doran's Blade eases last hitting, and provides more damage for harassment, while providing some sustain.

3mptylord

08-14-2011

30 armor provides 30% "effective health". In other words, any champion with 1000+ health will find 30 armor more beneficial than 300 health (but I can't think of any champion that doesn't have 1000+ health by the time they have 3 Doran's Blades. The only time 300 health would be more beneficial is against magic champions, as you will notice no difference (or at least no negative difference) against physical damage.

As for it disrupting a champion's last hitting ability... well that's just silly. The concept of last hitting is to only last hit. It doesn't matter if Madred's procs: it was the last hit. If you're attacking the minion from full health you're doing it wrong anyway.

Nillthium poses a good argument. The loss of 7 AD and having 300 less health against magical damage are the only reasons not to do this (and that's assuming you don't buy one Doran's Blade to start you off, since that little bit of early lifesteal you don't get from a Long Sword is actually quite impacting).

1x Doran's Blade + 1x Wriggle's Lantern is still more cost effective. 21% life steal, 100 health, 30 armor and 33 damage. 2075g upfront cost; 1418g back when you sell it; loss of 657g after selling. In this instance, you're losing out on 200 health (but again, 30 armor is more effective against physical damage and the sheer amount of extra lifesteal as well as bonus wards...).

TimmyPage

08-14-2011

The life-steal is pretty significant too for long-term sustain, in a single item slot that you won't sell until very late game, whereas the effectiveness of the dorans kind of fades as you need to sell them for other item slots.

Not to mention a ward, a wriggles will pay off that different pretty quick just in terms of map control, the ability to throw up a ward every few minutes, the proc bonus of being able to get buffs you need or steal their jungle on your own, extra dragon control from having more people with wriggles procs going off. You can still last hit just normally by waiting till the minions are low on health in laning too, and it increases your pushing power when you need it.

I dunno, Ive been seeing it a LOT on high elo streams so part of me thinks there must be something to it.

gpa4

08-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiTcb View Post
They fill different niches. Wriggle's is more about killing non-champions as fast as possible where as Doran's Blade provides more raw damage. Wriggle's will unnecessarily push your lane where as Doran's Blade eases last hitting, and provides more damage for harassment, while providing some sustain.
You know, if you just straightly follow your last-hit tactic, you are not gonna push your lane even you have 1000 AD. While on the bright side, Wriggle gives you a bigger chance getting those CS under the turret.

nillthium

08-15-2011

updated
1 wriggles lantern and 1 doran blade > and 1 doran

3mptylord

08-15-2011

This thread has actually improved my Nocturne. I mean, when I jungled I always took Wriggle's anyway... but now when I play AD Carry, going 1 Doran's Blade then Wriggle's is so much more efficient and scary! To be honest, games don't usually last long enough that I sell either... but having wards and Madred's proc is just worth perhaps having less lifesteal for a short period of time (whilst buying the components of Wriggle's).

Chingmeister

08-15-2011

Most games are decided before you ever sell anything back. It is the power of the items, needed power, and threat of ganks that decides what you should build.

5 Doran's items each and complete denial of the opposing bottom team is a perfectly reasonable way for 2 dps to share bottom lane, for example.