Fan Made Manual for New Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jasmin

09-10-2009

League of Legends Manual v 1.3
by Jasmin

Client version: 0.27.15

Hey, I'm Jasmin, Adjudicator on the EU forums. I've decided to create this manual in order to help new players get smoothly into the great game LoL is.

NEW VERSION - new screenshots, updated info, Corki and Katarina added.

PDF format - has been cut into 4 parts, as the attachment manager didn't allow me to upload files bigger than 2mb :/ Email me if You want it in one piece.

I keep updating this manual, both appeareance and info.

Feel free to email me any feedback You can give. I appreciate it a lot
jasminwoj@gmail.com

Jasmin

feardragon

09-10-2009

Holy
Freaking

You put a lot of effort into this. Obviously I haven't read it yet but I've skimmed through it. Looks sick. Try and get it all into 1 PDF if you can. Nice job.

I'll give more detailed feedback after I read through it. X_X

Also, I don't think you're allowed to release screenshots and such so don't post this guide outside of the forums I think?

Edit: It looks good as an instruction manual. Not really in depth or anything but nice for people to read I suppose while they're waiting for the game to install or something so they don't start the game and just go "Woah" as the rest of us did. =]

Sehnder

09-10-2009

Jasmin, in need of polish or not this is a colossal (and altruistic!) effort. I hope you keep at it- this could be a huge boon for countless new players. Once you feel it is sufficiently polished you should put this in the general forum and see if you can't get this stickied for all to see!

Reiyu the frozen

09-10-2009

awesome its nice to see someone take an initiative to help news

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-10-2009

Impressive work. I disagree with your rune analysis, though, I wonder if it's clear enough that it's just your opinion?

Floatzel

09-11-2009

edit your desktop out of the pictures!

you didn't mention the Extremely important lizard buff and you should take out things like saying tristana can attack nashor only. warwick can do it to but this is beside the point. Take any metagame stuff like that out. guides are unbias.

Jasmin

09-11-2009

Thanks for the feedback

Quote:
I disagree with your rune analysis, though, I wonder if it's clear enough that it's just your opinion?
Quote:
you didn't mention the Extremely important lizard buff and you should take out things like saying tristana can attack nashor only. warwick can do it to but this is beside the point. Take any metagame stuff like that out. guides are unbias.
Lizard buff is mentioned and even ss-ed

I'll do my best to make my manual out of (too much) biased comments. As I said, I've barely finished writing it and page count is all I've managed to do so far O_o

Quote:
edit your desktop out of the pictures!
Will do so

Do You have any idea who (and how as there's no priv :/) should I ask for allowance of posting whole PDF at once? There's a note in attachment manager, which sets the PDF limit at 4gb, however I wasn't allowed to upload more than 1.9mb at once

madthinker

09-11-2009

Amazing.

Seriously - Awesome guide. I've already read it and sent it to 4 of my buddies that have just started.

It answers (in good detail, with examples) pretty much all the tricky n00b questions that come up after a few games.

Thanks again!

Meta

09-11-2009

You spelled Begin wrong

Prometheus

Recruiter

09-11-2009

If you want, I'll be happy to proofread it, if you're willing to send me a plaintext version. I'd love to help polish it.

This is really great. I think this should be stickied.

If you want me to proofread it, e-mail me a plaintext version (not a PDF, since I can't edit those) at RichWhiting@yahoo.com.