Suggestion: Pre-game refund prices in shop

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joeyoeyoey

08-13-2011

Hey guys,

Simple suggestion/tweak here, simply to streamline opening items etc.

At the moment, even before minions have spawned and gold is counting, the payment when selling back an item is a percentage of the cost price. So if, for example, I intend to buy a regrowth pendant as my opening item, and I mis-click and buy rejuvenation beads, I am stuck with the beads because if I sell them back I will not get enough money back to buy my regrowth pendant. It could be simply clicking 1cm out of place, or getting your builds mixed up with another champion you play (ie I had been playing a lot of Cho'Gath, and accidentally opened my Annie build with a Doran's Shield :|).

A simple mis-click on your opening item can screw up 75% of your laning phase, and could be the difference between zoning out their carry or being completely zoned out yourself.

It seems like quite a simple addition as it should be a simple change of the refund percentage before the clock hits 1:30.

Thoughts?

chouzazazaza

08-14-2011

I really agree this suggestion, many times i missclick an item and sometimes that ruin my early game.

Balorlord

08-15-2011

Would be very helpful

3mptylord

08-15-2011

Gold doesn't count until minions spawn.

Support though. I once bought Nocturne's vampiric scepter for my Amumu jungle. Needless to say I couldn't really jungle as efficiently as I would have liked.

Joeyoeyoey

08-15-2011

I know that gold doesn't count til minions spawn, that's what I said.. :P

That is why it wouldn't be an issue to implement something like this.

ViolentViolentV

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-15-2011

I support this.

ManPandas

08-15-2011

Yeah that would be great, and not just for misclicks and auto-pilot clicks. Also simply for trying to sort out who's going where in that first minute. A lot of characters build differently for lane, mid, 1v1 top 2v1 top, laneing melee, etc etc. And I've had a lot of games where we "sorta" agree who's going where, buy items, then someone says "I don't like that lets do this..." and it would be nice to be able to get set up the right way.

windwalker1086

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2011

I really like the idea as well, although there could be one problem:

if your support casts clairvoyance on the enemy fountain at about 11s, normally, you would see each player's starting item and perhaps where they might be going at the beginning of the game. if this change would be implemented, players could intentionally buy the wrong item to start, wait 10s for clairvoyance to time out, then purchase the item they intend to start with.