Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoJexy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by seresibyl View Post
I want to know why you guys are making tier lists.

I understand that a hero's viability depends on the current metagame, and a tier list helps people understand where everyone stands.

But these tier lists are taking on a "lol he's tier 3 don't play him" form in this game, and it's not healthy for the game as a whole.

Part of me thinks people are spouting out tier lists left and right to be the "original" tier list person for a shot at "e-fame."

I hope this isn't the motive.

Besides, counterpicking does a lot for a hero's viability. A flat tier list doesn't really show that.
Another reason behind tier lists is to give new players a sense of where their favourite hero stands. Yes, I agree it's not healthy for solo play and enforces queue dodging, but it should be emphasized that his is based on competitive tournament play. You can go 20-0 with any character depending on what happens in the game.

That being said, I like your list Elementz. Agree with it more than Tymeds. Though I want to ask what happened to Corki in high ELO. He used to be so good, now I just see him feed and suck every game.

Talynez

05-10-2010

I'd like to ask, why is sivir so high and even considered a 'carry'. i'm playing at high ELO (even tho i don't do that much premade) and so far, i've always seen sivir as a sucky push-bot hero wich sole usefullness is to buff her teammate.

i've never seen a sivir owning it up. I even tried to play her on a lvl 3 smurf and had like 20 kill with a pure carry-like build and it felt like she was lacking, her dps output was 'average' at best, even teemo felt stronger when i played it on that smurf.

So i'd like to know why you would put sivir in tier1, what is her strength outside of the typical sivir-taric pushing setup that was so popular back in the day.

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valduran View Post
Finally a 5v5 tier list that places Tristana above Twitch(and on Tier 2 at that). You have my vote, sir.

Strangely enough I can't actually find anything to disagree with for once.
Except, under your Tier 4 explanation, I don't suppose you intended to say "Special Additions" rather than "Special Editions"?
Lol thank you for the +1 sir and touche on the edition / addition XD. I'll change that.

I'll answer more of your guys questions when I get home from work!

Elementz

The Council

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireJay View Post
Totally agree . Btw, what does "zoning" mean (still learning all the terms).

Also, I am wondering why Nunu get's so much love (usually he doesn't). Doesn't the new change to blood boil hurt him (since only one other team member can be buffed most of the time)?
Zoning is preventing someone from CSing / gaining experience in the lane. As you push them back while their creeps push allowing you to CS and get experience. Since she has so much staying power she can simply harras them and push them back without being in too big of a threat. This works even better when it's 2v1 for Soraka and a lane partner as they will have nothing and you guys will be much higher level and have way more CS.

Elementz

The Council

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talynez View Post
I'd like to ask, why is sivir so high and even considered a 'carry'. i'm playing at high ELO (even tho i don't do that much premade) and so far, i've always seen sivir as a sucky push-bot hero wich sole usefullness is to buff her teammate.

i've never seen a sivir owning it up. I even tried to play her on a lvl 3 smurf and had like 20 kill with a pure carry-like build and it felt like she was lacking, her dps output was 'average' at best, even teemo felt stronger when i played it on that smurf.

So i'd like to know why you would put sivir in tier1, what is her strength outside of the typical sivir-taric pushing setup that was so popular back in the day.
So lets say you have a team fight. Lets say Sivir has a Bloodthirster and a Starks which really isn't hard to have on her. You let her auto attack with her ulti up and ricochet she will wreck a team fight dealing insane AoE physical damage. Her utli is similar to Janna's as you can control when a team fight starts. Lets say 3/5 of your team gets caught off guard you simply pop your utli and your team runs away or use it the other way around and catch everyone. She push's, DPS's, and has a spellshield along with a incredibly strong IAS and MS team buff. She's an amazing carry just people stopped using her in MM for some reason.

GgomaOppa

05-10-2010

+1. Always sounding logics. Good job sir.

Nanners

05-10-2010

I dont think mordekaiser is even viable in picks/bans. Everyone whos worth anything to ult just gets cleanse u-u

Darksteel Reaver

05-10-2010

Wow Garen Tier 4 hahaha...........so much for new champ.

Hopefully Akali can do better than that.

taconight

05-10-2010

i am confused again why you have downgraded anivia. I saw you play her on your live stream. you play her well but don't take advantage of the burst she brings.

alot of people build her for mana but she is a really strong nuker even more so late game.

she not only nukes hard , all her abilities have low cooldowns , so there is really no need for cdr.

she brings a stun, a brush reveal in her w, and an aoe damaging slow.

so just kinda curious why she is so much lower?

Talynez

05-10-2010

hm hm, just what i thought, thing is, she's quite squishy but the only real thing she's bringing imo is the increased movement speed, other than that her ricochet won't deal that much damage unless the enemy is tightly packed (in that case she can be devastating i agree), but WW is better for the AS buff and he has much more survavibility + got the ability to stun+nuke one opponent making it virtually 4v5 after, so, why would you pick sivir over WW? Her range is melee-like.

Sorry for the wall of text :>

edit: talking about sivir