Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Justyen

06-16-2010

Elementz, what do you think would need to be changed (non drastically) on Akali to make her better? Also, besides her weak early game and shutting her down, what're her other huge weaknesses you witnessed in high Elo?

Hydriumlol

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicChicken View Post
I like this explanation of Nasus's strengths, something I hadn't really understood much myself, but I'm wondering, does this make him a tank, or just a beefy anti-carry? His lack of CC, and that "dive for the carry" mentality, makes me think he's on the level of shaco, mordekaiser, mundo, olaf, and pantheon (anti - carry). Is that his role then? 2ndary tank/ shut down hero? If so, I'm wondering if there aren't better heroes for that role ... but I'm not sure.
The easiest way to describe Nasus is a Carry Tank really.

You can't really build him as a straight tank but he's also not viable as straight DPS.

You have to build him hybrid depending on the situation. Few items are mandatory like Sheen/Trinity Force and Aegis but after that you really have to build him based on team makeup and enemy composition.

Nasus relies heavily on his team to set him up for his killer combo but once you drop your SF and hit wither + ult then it becomes all about you.

Edit: I would say that Mordekaiser is the closest thing to Nasus in terms of playstyle. It really just comes down to when push comes to shove, Nasus has his ult that cannot be compared with anything else anyone can offer.

Hydriumlol

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkkan View Post
Could you see riot putting a stun, snare, and silence all on the same champ though?
Well, they gave fiddle an aoe silence, a fear and ridiculous burst so I don't think it would be a stretch to say Malz having a snare would be overly doing it.

I'm not going to sit here and say that doing that would instantly fix him but I think outside of a full remake he needs quite a few bandages to give him more viability.

Giving him control of his voidlings would be nice but the nature of the beast being that he can have multiple out at the same time makes it difficult.

His AP scaling is beautiful and his abilities have great synergy with each other, he just falls victim to having cleanse negate 50% of his abilities and positional awareness nullifies the other 50%.

Making his Q hit instantly, giving his W a snare and his ult reworked would really help quite a bit.

Slairne

06-16-2010

Why is Tryndamere considered bad? I mean, I know he doesn't really add much to a team, and he needs a solid laning partner to even be remotely good, but he has just so much raw power lategame, and compared to other physical DPS carries (ie, Jax), he seems to bring just as much to the table.

Hydriumlol

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slairne View Post
Why is Tryndamere considered bad? I mean, I know he doesn't really add much to a team, and he needs a solid laning partner to even be remotely good, but he has just so much raw power lategame, and compared to other physical DPS carries (ie, Jax), he seems to bring just as much to the table.
You just explained why he's bad. He has too many variables just to make him viable vs another physical carry who starts off viable and gets pushed into carry mode.

PineappleThis

06-16-2010

Which Sion build do you consider him to use to be placed in his position? I know AP is a lot more popular on him, and I know its strong, but I personally prefer Crit/Atk spd/Life steal build on him with his built in damage from Enrage. Wondering what you think of the AD/Attack build vs the AP.

Slairne

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydriumlol View Post
You just explained why he's bad. He has too many variables just to make him viable vs another physical carry who starts off viable and gets pushed into carry mode.
But the thing is, in team fights, he's usually focused or ignored. If focused, they waste their CC and dps on me, when I have a number of escape mechanisms, while my team hits them (and I wreck their carries), and if ignored, then I'm still going to smash their carries apart.

My Names Dick

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontBanMeImDrunk View Post
Kennen needs to be higher on the chart. Rawr>
Kennen is awful.

You can go 5-0 in the first 10 min, have an excellent early game. Once late game rolls around. You are better off AFKing. Cause you do nothing. Srsly.

MagicChicken

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slairne View Post
But the thing is, in team fights, he's usually focused or ignored. If focused, they waste their CC and dps on me, when I have a number of escape mechanisms, while my team hits them (and I wreck their carries), and if ignored, then I'm still going to smash their carries apart.
compared to jax, no. sadly, he's squishier than jax, even with his ult. Sure he gets to live 7 seconds longer, but he's fragile enough that he'll have to pop it very early in a fight. You don't even need to focus him to make him pop it either, cuz AoE's will take care of most of his hp. Oh, and if you do focus him, CC will stop that ult.

The reason he's not so good, is because Tryn is a melee DPS, who's only good 1/3rd of the game. Others are good the whole game, and yes, they are as powerful as he late game (if not more-so, b/c being good earlier in the game means better feed).

-----------------

Oh, also, for most people who don't know, for some reason, competitive play end quick. It sounds counter-intuitive, I know, like "if its competitive, wouldn't the win be less decisive and take more time?" but you have to consider the skill of the team. High skilled teams will push when they're suppose to, and force uneven team fights with that. Usually, there isn't even a disparity in the K/D score, its just more about who pushes hard and wins the team fights at the right time. That's why at high level player, pushers are more popular right now, a fact that's reflected in this list.

Basically what it comes down to is that a game with skilled players on both team will end in 30-35 mins, pretty much negating the "my hero owns late game" arguments.

Flak Maniak

06-16-2010

Yeah, the reason Tryndamere isn't great is that, while he is a phenomenal hard carry late game, he's pretty weak early. Jax, by contrast, is fine early and just as hard a carry later.