Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpspindel View Post
I think mainly AP Nidalees are T2 here. I guess the most common build (with variations of taste and team) is Rageblade -> Merc boots -> Lichbane -> Zhonyas.
^ this.

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepTii View Post
Elementz, have you had a chance to play around with Galio yet? Everyone talks about his role in the game, whether it should be a tank, mage, or something in between, and I'm interest to know your take on it. Myself, I'd put him somewhere in the spot of Vlad (just not as powerful). His passive is geared toward tanking, but also doing some magic damage.
He's actually a very good side lane as his spells allow him to CS decently and he fits really well onto a lot of teams. All you gotta do is get Banshees, GA, Abyssal for a nice tanky + some decent damage output build!

Buk Wild

09-18-2010

Elementz you got any builds for Udyr? I am about to pick him up and main him, mainly because he seems epic if played right but very hard to play which should hold my attention

Btw man, great great tier list here

Elementz

The Council

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QaenyinSerahl View Post
Sorry if I missed your response Elementz but why is Mordekaiser Tier 3 in your opinion rather than 4? He really doesn't seem like he brings anything to the table in any team comp. His damage is too low to be a carry, he can't draw attention to himself to tank and he doesn't deal enough physical damage to kill towers very well unless he kills someone with his ult and uses their ghost.

He's certainly durable but ultimately late game it just feels like he's a big ball of harmless unless someone lets him get a ghost out.
TBH it's really hard to shut down Morde in a solo lane so he can be used to put a lot of pressure on a solo lane you want to shut down.

I suppose tier 4 does suit him a bit better as he's got a unique roll. I'll keep that in mind.

PatMcGroyne

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobold View Post
Considering it's AP-Gragas which makes him underrated you just found out, where you went wrong at first. That's why maxing or even skilling barrels any sooner than late mid game is most of the time playing him wrong. You just don't need them. They offer nothing you would want.
What do barrels for you? They slow down getting your w up, which is your most important skill to become tanky and deal some dmg at the same time and should be on CD all the time. They slow your E down, which is your main dmg spell, therefore your only threat until level 6 and being your slow, your onliest CC until level 6.
Edith says: And they drain your mana real fast while doing very limited dmg to your opponents, if at all. Gragas has such an enormous autohit dmg when drunk, its easy as **** to last hit with him and his body slam makes him zoning two opponents at once. If they try to push gragas back, its first blood for him, most of the time. You need strong disables to shut down a gragas.
Edith shuts up!
All you need to change the course of 1vs1s, ganks and teamfights are drunken rage, body slam and your ultimate. Your barrel is a nice to have, once enemies start to hide behind their last two or three towers. But you can't even afford to throw barrels until late midgame, as each of them will shorten your staying at lane. When I play Gragas, I have to go back only to spend my 3k, 4k or more Gold, not for being low in hp or mana 90% of the time (and I'm not even maining him, which means I'm not the gragas usually in our team).

Building Gragas AP will make him: an unreliable mage with a fun ulti, which is hard to use usefully, who has to stay in the center of the fight while being quite squisy.

Building Gragas Tank will make him: rush into any fight without fear when he is drunk, dealing close to the same amount of dmg AP-Gragas does until late midgame (where AP only starts to matter). He will be in a much better position for using his ultimate most of the time, as he can afford to stay in the middle of the battle as long as it lasts.
Played intelligently he is close to unkillable as he has a wall-jump on a very short CD. But only as a tank he is capable of really take advantage of it.

I admit though that Tank-Gragas is way stronger on 3vs3 as on 5vs5. On 3vs3 my team is heading for >1600 right now, with our hole setup centered around Gragas. We just lack the time to play more matches to reach it faster. ATM team is at 1550-1570 (14:4 W/L), 3 matches lost for sucking ourselves, one clearly won by way better opponents.
But in 5vs5 he works essentially the same. You just need to give him the 1vs2-lane and he will shine there, if played correctly.
This is a 5v5 tier list and in 5v5 Gragas needs to farm... Barrels help him do that you took a single bit of my post took it out of context and then made a decision. Gragas is not an unreliable mage... When you build him AP his body slam still gets good scaling. The problem with using body slam as your main source of damage is that if you hit multiple targets the damage is split and if there are creeps nearby you can do very little damage to your opponent. His ult deals massive dmg in a large AoE and has good AP scaling.

When you build Gragas AP you obviously don't go straight AP, you pick up items like Abyssal scepter and RoA. This makes him tanky and hard to kill but hit like a truck. I find Gragas is not suitable to be built as a pure tank. He doesn't have any stuns so Amumu is much better in 5v5. There is absolutely no reason to build him as a pure tank because his scaling is so good and there is absolutely no reason to build him pure AP because his damage mitigation is so good. building him in the middle lets his little bit of utility and good damage shine through making him a force to be reckoned with.

BigTwig

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QaenyinSerahl
Sorry if I missed your response Elementz but why is Mordekaiser Tier 3 in your opinion rather than 4? He really doesn't seem like he brings anything to the table in any team comp. His damage is too low to be a carry, he can't draw attention to himself to tank and he doesn't deal enough physical damage to kill towers very well unless he kills someone with his ult and uses their ghost.

He's certainly durable but ultimately late game it just feels like he's a big ball of harmless unless someone lets him get a ghost out.
That's exactly right, but you forgot that after the opponent's carry dies while under the effect of Morde's ult, Morde's team has automatically won the fight with the clone. That's his one strength that makes him tier 3.

BigTwig

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GantzerKei View Post
I dont think Poppy is a third tier champion

Her ultimate is on the verge OP and can grant immunity if cast on the right person

Her blow deals MASSIVE damages and she can easily make a team fight 3vs5

She has a "ghost" ability that makes her run away easily

Finally,her push can save ur teamate or turn the tide of the battle if used right,poppy is easily in tier 2,she brings things that pratically no-champion can,and with the right build,she can 1vs1 pratically anyone,she is a good tank killer AND a dps killer,making her a perfect champion
She's a situational anticarry, nothing more. AD poppy is inferior to other AD champs, so you should build her AP with surv and lichbane to burst down their carries instantly with invulnerability. She's bad in the current tanky metagame.

I am so RuDe

09-18-2010

Elementz, Malzahar is still missing on your list =)

Dunkelzahn

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganti****** View Post
She's a situational anticarry, nothing more. AD poppy is inferior to other AD champs, so you should build her AP with surv and lichbane to burst down their carries instantly with invulnerability. She's bad in the current tanky metagame.
this man right here

Elementz

The Council

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowUpTheOcean View Post
Hey Elementz, great list and I'm glad you've explained yourself and kept it updated!

I just had a question about Soraka, seeing as how apparently NOBODY has asked yet. Why is she so low on the tier list? I don't play ranked matches much yet but as someone with a few hundred games under his belt I think I know the game decently well. I recently picked up Soraka and have been finding myself dominating in games ever since. I have literally been able to take pretty terrible teams from being steam rolled to victory once we enter the team fight phase. I have something like 15-20 games with her now and have only lost a single match and that's been against some solid comps and players.

I guess I can see that Taric seems to outshine her in the current tanky meta game but Soraka does things Taric can't with her silence/mr lowering capabilities and, most importantly, her ability to keep carries doing what they do best with her mana infusions. She really seem to be THE support char.

Granted, I have been playing the game A LOT and have NEVER seen another good Soraka. I think her skill cap is fairly high but I really have a hard time seeing her as tier 4. In decent hands she could be at least 2 or 3. In skilled hands...she's the one champ I've seen that can really turn around an entire game.

Anyway, hope to see a response! Thanks again for the list!
She doesn't offer enough to be viable anymore imo. Other then a heal comp team or something like that would be really good in. There's just better support champions out there and heal comps out currently out of the meta.