Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgraliee View Post
thanks for the reply. just wondering how are u building ez right now? with Trinity Force, Guinsoo's Rageblade? and maxing q first?
Lol obviously maxing Q first. Silly question XD. I go Sheen, Brut usually then if im doing really good, lots of farm i'll get a BF sword into blood thirster. If not and you need to to on the defensive side a bit you can get a banshee's before that.

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapacman View Post
@Elementz:

Amumu vs. Shen on a general team comp, I would like your thoughts on it. Is Amumu not top-tier because Cleanse ravages his ult, or are there other reasons? He seems to be much stronger than other champions on his tier (Alistar, for example, and I main them both) and his hook allows for one of the best forms of initiation for his ult.
He is in the middle of tier 2. That's very viable and good tier. He's also listed as the 2nd best tank behind Shen. I don't really understand what you're getting at. I ranked him high because he's good..

Theorycrafter

06-15-2010

I am honestly surprised about Kennen, Alistar, Malzahar and Heimer.

Malzahar and Kennen- just saying from current experience
Alistar and Heimer - statistics. Alistar has quite a low'ish w/l and heimer has a fairly large w/l.
Otherwise, I find this quite fine =)

EDIT: I'd also pull Singed 1 tier up. Mostly his fling bug is what makes him 3 atm. Otherwise, his tower-wrecking and *tanking*(yes, I said that) capability is more or less equal to Warwick's(yes, I said that too)

Edit 2: I'd also move Nasus(overly Q-reliant for someone who is meant to be at least semi-tanking) and Udyr(due to nerf, his early-game jungling has been really hampered)

Elementz

The Council

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak Maniak View Post
So have you taken into account the EXP denial style in your placement of Gangplank? Do you consider Lich Bane Gangplank better or worse than Infinity Edge Gangplank? It seems like, given his ult is his strongest contribution to the team, a Lich Bane Gangplank denying EXP could be fairly viable.

Edit: And if I might get you to theorycraft on an idea of mine, how much more viable do you think Gangplank would be if Raise Morale gave crit instead of attack speed? Would this be enough to solve his inconsistency problems?
Seems to have worked well for me

I don't advise this build as its EXTREMELY expensive for little benefit. Somewhat viable if you can manage to get that farm but not superior to any tank or AD build.

Also GP is getting a rework as stated on the PTR. We will see what problems they have fixed because a lot of feedback has gone into GP and Riot has listened from my understanding. So wait and see.

Flak Maniak

06-15-2010

Wait, people actually build Gangplank as a tank? Why? And what's their itemization? I suppose Remove Scurvy could make a tankish build viable... Well, if viable can be said about Gangplank.

Morello

Lead Designer

06-15-2010
3 of 50 Riot Posts

@ Elementz

Where do you think Anivia belongs on a team? Even though she doesn't provide burst/stun of Annie and AOE of Fids, would you be more likely to include her in a team with strong melee dps for the movement control opportunities?

Kajarn

06-15-2010

Jungle Olaf, built with half tank/half ArP items I see contributing as much Warrick. His are blinds.
Ive personally executed under 6 min Dragon kills.

Elementz

The Council

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajarn View Post
Jungle Olaf, built with half tank/half ArP items I see contributing as much Warrick. His are blinds.
Ive personally executed under 6 min Dragon kills.
Solo you've killed it before 6 mins?

If so hook up the build :P

Requiess

06-15-2010

Elementz i have a question regarding Karthus' position in the tier list. What about him do you find lacking or otherwise out classed? Not to gloat (im just defining my position), i play high level scrims in both dota and hon. So despite what i feel is a serious lacking of depth in the game i do have fun playing.

From what ive experienced, he pretty much has to go mid he needs the solo farm and levels to be played efficiently and gank. With levels, his ult in team fights and cordination to other lanes is just devastating. He has amazing harassing and laning power with Lay Waste and Defile. His burst isnt comparable to other top tier nukers, however his AoE is insane with Defile active and Lay Waste spam. Additionally, in team fights he can literally play a suicide bomber and run in first with defile take all the enemy cooldowns and still be useful considering he can cast afterwards for 8 seconds.

Also, a side request (no biggy if this is just to tedious). If you happen to play or know someone who plays in higher level scrims, could you possibly fraps it im curious to see how higher tier games are played, with what line ups are chosen, etc.

radica

06-15-2010

Why is Nasus so high, he's a solid hero that fits in many teams but really right after Ashe?