Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gavo

09-14-2010

Thank you for finally moving Anivia to her proper place. It's hard to get a good grasp on how good she is, there are very few players who use her, and fewer who are good on top of that.

Lol. Mundo's still bottom of the barrel.

BigTwig

09-14-2010

Kog'Maw from bottom tier to top tier because of a 5 sec cooldown reduction (less with bonus % cdr) on W and some attack speed instead of armorpen? Seriously... He's good against tanks, but any other ranged carry can get madred's as well. He has next to no cc or survivability.

Good you see that Sivir is bad, as I told you. Now move Pantheon to tier 4/5 too. Also, Ez doesn't offer a lot now his damage output has been nerfed unnecessarily . You have to use arcane shift for positioning so their tank can't block mystic shots, and then you're squishy as hell. Tris and Ashe are much better.

Move Mal'zahar up, perfectly viable mage now, he's been buffed nonstop over the last 5 patches. It's now impossible to dodge his silence, his W kills tanks (good in the current metagame), his pet is really strong and now it targets the enemy with malefic visions on it (it used to go for a random creep or their tank) and his ult makes him ungankable. Great pick, better than Karthus, Ryze or Veigar at least...

Nida tier 2? What role does she fill? Oh, Hotshot plays her so she's automatically good?

Zyrxil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Anivia to 2...muahaha. Now yours matches mine on this :P

Though, her needing 3 hits + tower to kill a melee minion before level 4 is BS. Looking at fixing that part...she doesn't need sub-Annie stats.
You say that like Annie has bad stats for a caster. Her autoattack range is 625 and her damage is 48 (+2.625) (92.63 at 18). In terms of raw stats, that's better than any of the AD ranged carries except Kog.

Zenue

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganti****** View Post
Kog'Maw from bottom tier to top tier because of a 5 sec cooldown reduction (less with bonus % cdr) on W and some attack speed instead of armorpen? Seriously... He's good against tanks, but any other ranged carry can get madred's as well. He has next to no cc or survivability.

Good you see that Sivir is bad, as I told you. Now move Pantheon to tier 4/5 too. Also, Ez doesn't offer a lot now his damage output has been nerfed unnecessarily . You have to use arcane shift for positioning so their tank can't block mystic shots, and then you're squishy as hell. Tris and Ashe are much better.

Move Mal'zahar up, perfectly viable mage now, he's been buffed nonstop over the last 5 patches. It's now impossible to dodge his silence, his W kills tanks (good in the current metagame), his pet is really strong and now it targets the enemy with malefic visions on it (it used to go for a random creep or their tank) and his ult makes him ungankable. Great pick, better than Karthus, Ryze or Veigar at least...

Nida tier 2? What role does she fill? Oh, Hotshot plays her so she's automatically good?
Do you really know what you're talking about?

He never said Sivir is bad, he said it's to few cases were she is able to do her job on a viable level for her to be a good pick in drafted mode as anything but a late/last pick. Ezreal on the other hand is still viable as one of the most mobile ranged carries with a huge poke that triggers lizzard buff, he had a way to big damage output before the patch (I mained him, still play him a lot, and no you do not have to use arcane shift to position yourself, that's just BS). As for Malzahar, if you can't dodge his silence you're doing it wrong.

Also, you brought nothing new to this thread, everything you just said have been discussed before.

CarltonGanks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-14-2010

This thread needs more Nunu.

CoMaNdOoO

09-14-2010

That nunu was sick.

SouthernSun

09-14-2010

If tier list are based upon that WCG final, than Nunu should be tier 1. lol jk. But anyway, the guy who played that Nunu was amazing (as well as the Vlad player).

Quiet Dreams

09-14-2010

i agree totally "mal'crapar" as elementz says , i believe he has a spot on that tier list after all these recent buffs

Nastis

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Dreams View Post
i agree totally "mal'crapar" as elementz says , i believe he has a spot on that tier list after all these recent buffs
hes has a spot on the list... just not anywhere good

Tewnam

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergencyCombo View Post
This is from the first page.

"Let's use Malzahar as an example for a properly-placed low-tier character that I think some players misunderstand. Elementz places Malzahar in the bottom tier/unwise choices bucket. Some players respond saying how they own with Malzahar, or how his ultimate can get kills easily, how his Q has a silence and how his DoT can push a lane really well.

While these might all be true, they don't address his location at the bottom of the list. People are aware how his skills work and how they can be used - that's obvious - what puts a character low in the tier list is how much value, in power and utility, the champion adds to the team.

So, if we look at his value-add to a team comp, it's much lower than other champions. This puts him in low-tier, and makes him a choice that is constantly outshined by other options when choosing your character in a draft mode when your priority is strong team composition.

This does not mean he's not fun, or can't do ANYthing, or will always feed, or it takes a pro to get the most out of him, or any other such nonsense. He's a character who adds less value to his team than others do, and players choosing him should understand and accept the handicap they're putting themselves and their team in."
I think Malzahar's area denial abilities are underestimated effects that he brings to a team. His Void Zone will force the enemy team to move or take the damage (which isn't insignificant by any means). This generally groups them up on the edges and puts them out of their desired position that can give Malz's team a positional advantage. His Q also provides some area denial capabilities, though lesser than the W.

Malzahar does not bring as much direct damage in general to a teamfight as some other casters such as Veigar, Ryze, or Annie, but his abilities do provide this significant positional advantage which still provides a team benefit that I believe is not taken into consideration strongly enough.