Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cruzerthebruzer

09-14-2010

Kat isn't even top 5 mid.

Niton

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realaz View Post
This tier list lost any credibility the moment Kat was put in trash tier. She's still the strongest mid and will often get 2-3 early kills to give her a headstart.
As someone who mained Kat for most of his LoL career, I cannot understand how anyone can even start to compare Kat with Eve.
Because Katarina and Evelynn both require a significant amount of farm relative to their opponents to contribute to teamfights, both require enemy champions to die for their ults to have full effect, and have similar levels of usefulness and survivability when focused? Kat's Ignite effect and her AoE ult are both now replicated by Miss Fortune, who brings a ton more to the table, and her Q isn't particularly amazing. That leaves her as a melee champion whose most unique skill is her ability to port on a fairly short cooldown.

That's.. not really exciting, and there's no longer a good reason to pick Kat over other champions. Pretty much every champ in "Hard to place" tier has at best extremely limited usefulness, and I think there are as many reasons to pick Jax or Trynd as there are Kat.

Regarding Gangplank - he really needs a rework. His skills don't mesh at all - he's a melee AD character whose Q is a powerful ranged attack that you should be spamming and two AP abilities, one of which is amazingly strong, and the other of which is completely RNG.

Beyond Gangplank's ult randomly simply not doing its job, Gangplank has the interesting quirk of being the only AD melee hero with 100 range. Even when he does want to get in range to actually melee, the only heroes for which it's equally difficult are Singed, Nunu and Amumu - two of which have a baseline snare and the third of which has a skillshot to get in range.

Less vital than the other 2 is that Gangplank's E can be difficult to use in teamfights due to its positional requirements. Using it at Baron, Dragon, Golem/Lizard, etc. requires you to either carry wards to E or sacrifice someone's summon.

Gang is a melee hero with:

- 0 melee abilities (1 AD ability)
- No
- Shortest range in the game
- 3 abilities in jungle teamfights
- Ult which varies from useless to amazing

Gang just needs a rework badly, he.. doesn't work. Honestly, he belongs in hard to place tier more than Teemo, whose claim to fame is that he's at least good at neutralizing melee, or Urgot, who at least has a unique initiate mechanic.

Zardoc

09-14-2010

Quote:
Vlad is the best solo mid character in the game.

Sorry to interrupt, but Mordekaiser is atleast as good as Vlad

EmergencyCombo

09-14-2010

Quote:
I never got beat by a Vlad. I hover around 1600 before you ask.
What she brings is early kills which make her snowball to the point where your ult alone will kill a champion from full HP.
And to the other poster, I can easily say that if I dominated with her some 20+ games in a row, that's not situational in any way. You just have to be clever about placing your ult. Those available CCs mean nothing when they're already blown. And even top 10 players more often than not make the mistake of using a skill too early.
It's also possible that maybe you're just a great player and simply outlaned the opponents based simply on player skill or having more knowledge on the game. Character wise though, I just can't fathom Kat being the best mid or even outlaning Vlad, or Kog'maw, or Trist, or almost any of the solo mid characters.

And just like my last post I'll ask this again, what does she bring to a team that justifies picking her over other characters?

Also, I promise I'm not trying to be a **** or flame or any sort of nonsense like that. So please don't be offended if any of what I said comes off as rude.

Constrictor

09-14-2010

Great changes. I pretty much agree with everything on this tier list now. Of course, I said to move Kog to tier 1 two weeks ago. 8)

Damond

09-14-2010

Quote:
I never got beat by a Vlad. I hover around 1600 before you ask.
What she brings is early kills which make her snowball to the point where your ult alone will kill a champion from full HP.
And to the other poster, I can easily say that if I dominated with her some 20+ games in a row, that's not situational in any way. You just have to be clever about placing your ult. Those available CCs mean nothing when they're already blown. And even top 10 players more often than not make the mistake of using a skill too early.
I've never been beaten by a Vlad, either. Early on, after he uses Transfusion on a creep, spam Shunpo + BB on him. Eventually, with a health advantage, place yourself in front of your creeps so his only option is to use Transfusion on you. If he does that, he'll have to eat a Shunpo with a KI + BB combo first.

Of course, Kat has a big potential to snowball, but it's very rare that you get to god status in any normal game. Most of the time you'll just be 2-4 kills ahead, and that's pretty much your headstart. The problem with Kat is that you're relying on the enemy to **** up. Everybody else at the top tier lists are consistent and solid at being awesome.

EmergencyCombo

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoc View Post
How?

Minrog

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefMasterWhite View Post
What I would like to know is why Janna continuously moves down on the tier list when most heroes get nerfs rather than buffs, and she remains untouched.

also @ poster above talking about kogmaw viability and why he made a jump. the meta changed and specific heroes got nerfed (heimer, shaco, ezreal to be specific) Kogmaw fits into the current meta very well and can counter most of the tankier of dps.
Janna was on the winning team in both of the WCG NA finals. Her team actually defeated the one with Taric, and her ultimates were way more useful than any of Taric's skills were in those matches.

Kog'Maw got buffed as well. His skills got changed to better accommodate an AS/AD role.

I think Sion is being overestimated by Elementz due to his personal liking for the character. He brought almost nothing to the team fights in that first match, I kept waiting for the hammer to drop because I really like Sion. I think they would have maybe won the first one with a second tank (Shen?) instead of Sion.

EmergencyCombo

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minrog View Post
Janna was on the winning team in both of the WCG NA finals. Her team actually defeated the one with Taric, and her ultimates were way more useful than any of Taric's skills were in those matches.

Kog'Maw got buffed as well. His skills got changed to better accommodate an AS/AD role.

I think Sion is being overestimated by Elementz due to his personal liking for the character. He brought almost nothing to the team fights in that first match, I kept waiting for the hammer to drop because I really like Sion. I think they would have maybe won the first one with a second tank (Shen?) instead of Sion.
In regards to Sion directly from Elementz:

"The reason is because he has a built in BF Sword (His E ability) he has naturally high health (His E ability again) he has high survivability (W Shield + E HP + His ulti for a really godlike lifesteal) and he has a 2 second stun as his Q. His AP ratio's are also very high and he can literally burst someone from full to zero when farmed and being farmed on Sion is a very easy thing to do as W with 1 AP item clears entire waves of creeps. He's just got so much built in goodness combined with a stun it just makes him that good imo."

Computerz

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoc View Post
Hahahah.. no.