Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dyrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

05-09-2010

You and tymed's list both suck, singed is tier 1.

Thistlemin

05-09-2010

I like the different look to this list. Again, bringing up Nidalee. Here's my argument. A) If you want to get endgame damage, you buy a Sword of the Occult early to build stacks if you're carrying. That adds unbelievable damage output to her. She can pop cougar when wanted and hop back out into human form for heal/attack speed buff and pillage from afar with auto-attacks with a Bloodthrister, Rageblade, SotO.

Here's the reason why the argument is wrong for her positioning on your list. You have Tristana in Tier 2. Tristana has no business being listed above Nidalee unless you're projecting for an upcoming nerf/buff IMO. Nidalee is more ellusive than Tristana and a better teammate. She has better skills ane more map awareness and speed to be Johnny on the spot, taking buffs much faster, getting dragon, etc. Pushing towers Nidalee is one of the fastest.

If you're planning on Tristana/Nidalee being a carry, than you can't discount a carry build, which SotO would be, which again owns on Nidalee. Tristana is one-dimensional and any shutting-down as you put it that a smart team could do to Nidalee, they easily could as well to Tristana.

I don't buy it. Also, Twisted Fate's map awareness and stunning power is still stronger than what Tristana brings to the team, though I don't play TF or Tristana, from viewing experience one is much more impactful than the other.

I'm not sure what all the love is for Tristana. She's a ranged Master Yi. Sure she has more escapability and an anti-heal but she's got precious little else unless you consider kiting a talent late game, which isn't a team fight skill prominently. And again, Nidalee can out chase someone better than almost everyone so...am I off on this? I don't believe so.

But nice to see a new take on a list.

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistlemin View Post
I like the different look to this list. Again, bringing up Nidalee. Here's my argument. A) If you want to get endgame damage, you buy a Sword of the Occult early to build stacks if you're carrying. That adds unbelievable damage output to her. She can pop cougar when wanted and hop back out into human form for heal/attack speed buff and pillage from afar with auto-attacks with a Bloodthrister, Rageblade, SotO.

Here's the reason why the argument is wrong for her positioning on your list. You have Tristana in Tier 2. Tristana has no business being listed above Nidalee unless you're projecting for an upcoming nerf/buff IMO. Nidalee is more ellusive than Tristana and a better teammate. She has better skills ane more map awareness and speed to be Johnny on the spot, taking buffs much faster, getting dragon, etc. Pushing towers Nidalee is one of the fastest.

If you're planning on Tristana/Nidalee being a carry, than you can't discount a carry build, which SotO would be, which again owns on Nidalee. Tristana is one-dimensional and any shutting-down as you put it that a smart team could do to Nidalee, they easily could as well to Tristana.

I don't buy it. Also, Twisted Fate's map awareness and stunning power is still stronger than what Tristana brings to the team, though I don't play TF or Tristana, from viewing experience one is much more impactful than the other.

I'm not sure what all the love is for Tristana. She's a ranged Master Yi. Sure she has more escapability and an anti-heal but she's got precious little else unless you consider kiting a talent late game, which isn't a team fight skill prominently. And again, Nidalee can out chase someone better than almost everyone so...am I off on this? I don't believe so.

But nice to see a new take on a list.
Trist counters healing. Trist has a lot more DPS output then Nida does from the farthest range in the game. I dunno if you've ever truely seen a good Trist but Trist definatly owns Nidalee 1v1 and is a much better carry then Nida can be. Farmed Trist will out carry a farmed Nida any day of the week.

DanGR

05-10-2010

I can't get my head around TF being tier 3.

I guess instant total map awareness and a better teleport isnt very good?

Elementz

The Council

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGR View Post
I can't get my head around TF being tier 3.

I guess instant total map awareness and a better teleport isnt very good?
You'd think he'd be higher but nope. Lots of champions are better then him. He's still good. Just not better then tier 1 and tier 2 champions.

TiV3

05-10-2010

I'd disagree with Ez being on top if his heal wasn't so OP.

Cornwillis

05-10-2010

Why have you put nunu as tier 3 over 4?

ZuKii

05-10-2010

Regarding Ezrael: Does it matter what build you go to determine the ranking? Are you thinking of Ezrael in a AP / Support type role or an AD / AS role? Perhaps even a locket Ez?

Just curious.

Whyumai

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz View Post
This is my tier list according to the upcomming season 1 Draft Mode / Tournament Play (NOT blind pick MM) I've put all the champions I feel are viable on SR and will be picked in competitive play.

• Tier 1: Jax, Annie, Fiddlesticks, Sivir, Soraka, Ezreal
  • Tier 2: Zilean, Shen, Gragas, Ashe, Nasus, Tristana, Amumu, Alistar, Udyr, Taric, Janna, Warwick
  • Tier 3: Poppy, Twitch, Morgana, Twisted Fate, Nunu, Corki, Katarina, Singed, Sion, Shaco, Anivia, Nidalee, Mundo
  • Tier 4: Mordekaiser, Malphite, Blitzcrank, Rammus, Ryze, Kayle, Pantheon, Cho'gath, Kassadin, Garen, Heimerdinger, Karthus.
Where's Gangplank? Kennen?

Montelo

05-10-2010

What makes Nunu tier 3?