Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iaw

09-14-2010

@ Elementz, why did Kass move up so much? I mean hes pretty dominant in the EU metagame, but in the NA metagame, tanky dps, I don't see what he can really bring to a team when he can't burst down all these tanky champs.

BeastMode

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn View Post
oh christ

i think i alone have answered this question at least three times in the past ten pages, not to mention millions of others have

i'll put it in a nut shell: his one good gimmick is easily dodged and sometimes it even screws your own team over (hey guys amumu jumped into blitz's fist, FREE INITIATE)

after that he's nigh-useless
Well maybe the fact that I am a particularly good blitz player and generally hit my grabs (specifically the champ I'm aiming at) around 80-90% of the time. That and I guess you consider a 2 sec aoe silence and power fist's knock-up useless too. I need not go into the cd's and other factor that go into all his skills but I simply believe that anyone who can hit a goddam skill shot can play blitz at a more competitive level than is reflected in this tier list. But I digress since this argument can be made for any champ.

Wilczak

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode View Post
Well maybe the fact that I am a particularly good blitz player and generally hit my grabs (specifically the champ I'm aiming at) around 80-90% of the time. That and I guess you consider a 2 sec aoe silence and power fist's knock-up useless too. I need not go into the cd's and other factor that go into all his skills but I simply believe that anyone who can hit a goddam skill shot can play blitz at a more competitive level than is reflected in this tier list. But I digress since this argument can be made for any champ.
Wait... I missed any updates? Last time i checked blitz silence lasted 0,5 sec. And good players can dodge your grab ( or let you hit tank with it )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimensionist View Post
u mad bro?
no. I'm happy

RYZER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

Gangplank that low?

He's not THAT bad. I have a feeling this is just making it look like you want your old favorite hero to just get looked at/buffed.

He's in a good state right now.

Pyros

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzer View Post
Gangplank that low?

He's not THAT bad. I have a feeling this is just making it look like you want your old favorite hero to just get looked at/buffed.

He's in a good state right now.
In low level games he's ok, but really most of what you do past 30mins with gangplank is ulti, then poke people with Q, because going in is probably gonna get you killed way too fast, so you have a lot of farm(if you did well) but you don't use it most of the time. Give the same gear to Yi, and he'll just jump on someone and kill him in the process, everytime, even though he might die afterwards. I think overall it has to do with AE+Tanks meta which isn't very favorable for melee physical autoattacking champs like GP.

BeastMode

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilczak View Post
Whait... I missed any updates? Last time i checked blitz silence lasted 0,5 sec. And good players can dodge your grab ( or let you hit tank with it )
lol I know it's not 2 second. I was just too lazy to fact check. Maybe in your experience or ELO people are just pro enough to dodge skill shots and sure I've had tanks like shen jump in front of my grab from time to time but, for the most part, I hit my grabs.
And I'm at approx 1300 ELO so maybe what you're saying doesn't even apply to me. The fact of the matter is that a good blitz in a lane with a carry or anyone with some hard CC will dominate that lane. Then, when team fights start, a good blitz will be able to grab one champ from the enemy team (aka not a tank) to focus down and turn a 5v5 into a 5v4. I'm not saying blitz is perfect or even a tier 1 champ but definitely not tier 4 if played well at all.

RYZER

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
In low level games he's ok, but really most of what you do past 30mins with gangplank is ulti, then poke people with Q, because going in is probably gonna get you killed way too fast, so you have a lot of farm(if you did well) but you don't use it most of the time. Give the same gear to Yi, and he'll just jump on someone and kill him in the process, everytime, even though he might die afterwards. I think overall it has to do with AE+Tanks meta which isn't very favorable for melee physical autoattacking champs like GP.
I think the problem is people try to build him full on dps.

Like every other melee; you have to build him somewhat tank.

DepTii

09-14-2010

Elementz, like you I find Galio a very interesting character. During his free week I played him and loved him, such a fantastic farmer and early harasser. I do have two problems with him that keep me from playing him on a regular basis. Firstly, he's not quite the true tank as a lot of people have pointed out before, you need to find a middle ground for him to be effective, but that can be hard. His Q and E are on a 12 and 13 second cooldown, so I also think CDR is priority for him to be able to put out a lot of pain. The other, more serious problem, is that with Merc Treads being the boots of choice these days, almost all champs can walk out of his taunt before the damage hits. It seems that only the really short range melee champs don't have enough time. Any thoughts on these two points?

Prisonal

09-14-2010

The malz players rage is brewing.

Pickles

09-14-2010

My two favorite champions, Corki and Heimerdinger, are next to each other now. Yay! Genius yordles with a mustache ftw.