Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eppa

09-13-2010

Quote:
AtridOne:
Can anyone tell me why CLG won when it was 1:1? Were there games before those two between those two teams? Anyone have replays of those?

Winners finals or Upper bracket finals counts as one win.

SuperHotMumu

09-13-2010

Hi Elementz,

First of all congratz for those epic games on WCG.

I'm wondering if you shouldnt reconsider the place of Sion on your tier list.
A Sion fully builded with AP is so **** squishy (and they are always build that way : Lich Bane Zhonya) even well farmed. Because of that his damage is quite hard to deal : Always forced to go in and out. And by "in" I meant that you're forced to expose yourself to get nearly at melee range with no escape mecanism.
Without his single targeted stun he's nothing. Should it be played just because of a single stun ? It's "easily" countered in draft mode (or by a quick sliver sash which will significantly reduce the damage received too). In rare cases I think he will do it well agaisnt channeled ultimates but he's not the only one.

If you're looking for burst damage or a good nuke I believe other champions will do it far better and more safely. How much times we saw a Sion that can't manage to burst ? People know him and only the stun's damage isnt enough to be called a nuke.

I'm not telling this because of the first game of the final even if it confirms what I'm trying to explain. You didn't play wrong but you were nearly useless. I mean no offense and Im not telling it's your fault if you lost that game. I'm just saying that Sion isn't a threat.
He barely is a threat. I saw a lot of people playing him, sadly most of them have to be carried by the team (like an anvil) and the ones who were fed werent amazing. I'm not gonna fear a fed Sion as I will agaisnt other champs.
I thought they were doing something wrong and tried to watch top ladders playing him : anvils.
What's the point in farming and then hesitating and just walking around in team fights ?

I will now argue a bit more.

Passive : Correct.

Q : Amazing spell and almost unique in the game (Taric :P). It can be really annoying, people may be forced to get cleanse, a quick silver sash or simply dodge it with flash.

W : You're trying to explode on people to complete the combo Stun + Sheen + Explosion (order doesnt really matter. Well, I believe it could be harder with sheen's new CD). So you have to prepare it to prevent people from breaking it before the manually activation. Because of that it wont really add to your roughness. And if it does you lose damage. Babysiters will annoy you and prevent you from getting close to the main target. Melee squishy char ftl.

E : Great for farming minions even if you don't need that because you're going AP. It helps too improving sheen before you get the Lich Bane. What about the life it gives permanently ? How great, ~2700 HP lvl 18 with ~75 armor and ~100 MR at the very end of the game if you did well.

R : A joke when played AP. Not necessary to explain that you wont give consistent heal to your team with. Nice for pushing towers.

Looking for some burst damage ? Try to get Annie, she's so deadly. If you can't there are other heroes that will do it better than Sion : Veigar, Kassadin and Anivia even with their mana problems, Katarina, Akali etc
You could try a poppy too (Ultimate, ignite, death fire grasp, sheen : dead).

You need a way to cancel channelings or annoy a carry ? Heroes with silence and/or CC. There are a lot.

Protect your carry and prevent theirs from dealing too much damage ? There are supports champions to deal with this purpose.

Sion is correct but I think he deserves not a second place in T2, there are far better champs than him. Am I missing something ?

Best regards,
Mumu.

The Star

Recruiter

09-13-2010

Mumu, part of Sion being so great is the crazy good burst damage, spammable single target stun and he's very strong in the laning phase. He needs just a decent hero to be with him and he dominates the lane easily. I myself have a problem with Xin Zhao... I just don't know what items to get and find myself being just a walking ultimate which is very frustrating...

Any help appreciated.

Darkshy

09-13-2010

I've heard mixed reviews about Eve, but why is she hard to place on the tier list? I mean I think I can safefly assume she is not tier 1, but is there really no place for her?

Yuruku

09-13-2010

Quote:
Darkshy:
I've heard mixed reviews about Eve, but why is she hard to place on the tier list? I mean I think I can safefly assume she is not tier 1, but is there really no place for her?

He's being polite when he says theres no place for her.

He means she's bad, terribly bad..

nethers

09-13-2010

Quote:
Darkshy:

Currently I would agree theirs no true placement for her. As a champion she can easily be shut down by wards or more so by oracles. Once this occurs, its pretty much game over for eve.

sun shy

09-13-2010

Quote:
nethers:
Currently I would agree theirs no true placement for her. As a champion she can easily be shut down by wards or more so by oracles. Once this occurs, its pretty much game over for eve.

She doesn't get shut down by oracles, she gets shut down by positioning and fighting anywhere near towers.

RyKell

09-13-2010

The problem with Eve is that everything she does...others simply do better, and with alot less 'ifs'. Keep in mind, we are generally talking about playing characters at the highest level of play.

While she can jungle, others do it much, much better. She can initiate w/ stealth + stun IF the other team does not have oracles/invisi wards (Even so, other champions initiate more reliably.) If you watched the WCG finals, you saw how many invisi wards were used: there was not even a stealth champion being played.

Eve is good at chasing down low health champions for the kill, thanks to her ult. However, her ult is up only IF an enemy champion has been killed, and even then, Poppy, Akali, and Kassadin all chase down low health champions much more reliably. Eve is totally relient on items for survivability/damage. Even when Eve is fed, other champions tend to do burst/constant dps much more reliably.

It isn't that Eve can't be played - it's just that everything she does, other champions do more reliably.

DLl9dLBXQzzY2P3V

09-13-2010

Where can I go to watch the aforementioned WCG finals?

Tonixion

09-13-2010

Check one page back.