Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Constrictor

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantal View Post
His sustained DPS is still worse than Tristana's fyi. He has no real steroid skill, no CC, is extremely gold dependent, and is veeeeery slow to start off and pretty easy to shut down. With a good initiator he drops super fast, and CC straight up breaks him.

He's better now, but he's not amazing, and personally I see him as T3. We'll see if I'm proven wrong, but no Kog'maw has ever truly impressed me, in game or on one of the livestreams.
KogMaw is probably the best hard carry right now in the current meta because of his anti-tank capabilities. KogMaw with red buff makes Garen cry sweet sweet tears.

He needs support/tank protection, but he's def. a beast.

Prosecutor Godot

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantal View Post
His sustained DPS is still worse than Tristana's fyi. He has no real steroid skill, no CC, is extremely gold dependent, and is veeeeery slow to start off and pretty easy to shut down. With a good initiator he drops super fast, and CC straight up breaks him.

He's better now, but he's not amazing, and personally I see him as T3. We'll see if I'm proven wrong, but no Kog'maw has ever truly impressed me, in game or on one of the livestreams.
No steroid? He has passive attack speed, % of enemy's health lost per attack which is also magic, therefore harder to itemize against since you also need resist, and -armor. He has better CC than Tristana (RANGED slow). And also the highest range in game.

So yeah, he's definitely better than trist.

Rogmarz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

Does Anivia still belong in tier 3? Especially after the Heimer nerf?

Thanks.

lFeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

What's the best skill build for Shen?
I know I need 2 levels of Q early, but then R > E > W > Q with one level of W early?

Thanks in advance

lFeb

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosecutor Godot View Post
No steroid? He has passive attack speed, % of enemy's health lost per attack which is also magic, therefore harder to itemize against since you also need resist, and -armor. He has better CC than Tristana (RANGED slow). And also the highest range in game.

So yeah, he's definitely better than trist.
This is one of those cases where in THEORY, you got reason, while in practice, no .-.

Dryesias

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTeaStrike View Post
Dryesias, how do you build Kog'maw skill-wise?
I usually max his E first since the slow is decent, and it's a decent nuke that you can harass with from a good distance. It also makes farming easy combined with his ult to one shot creep waves. Generally I'll split my left over points between his W and Q, though I tend to focus more on Q since it helps more in the early game, maybe 1-2 points into W for the range (whatever feels "right" at the time). His W tends to shine towards the late game, when everyone has more health, early game the slight range increase helps when going for a kill or harassment.

I run Armor Pen Red, Movement or Armor pen Quints (generally armor pen), Mana regen per level yellows, and CDR blues. Armor pen because it helps early game damage a lot, especially if you are laning against someone squishy. Lategame I rely on a void staff + magic pen mastery.

Build like I said is Bloodrazor -> Rageblade -> Nashor's and if the game is still going Void Staff + defensive items, whatever the situation demands. Also of course situational boots, never get Zerk greaves though, as you'll be sitting just under the AS cap.

Mastery is either 21/0/9 or 9/0/21, but I think I've been liking the 21/0/9 better, don't need the CDR in utility really or the mana regen, though the one point in increased buff duration helps. Magic pen and attack speed is important in Offensive tree, I ignore the two crit masteries since the build isn't built around it, and take the ability power instead, as well as the armor pen.

Summoner spells, I usually go with Ghost/Exhaust, I like them with Kog'maw since they can both be used offensively or defensively, unlike say ignite which is solely offensive. If ignite was going to net me a kill, I could have probably finished them off with R anyway, and Exhaust has netted me more kills and saved me more times as Kog'maw generally anyway. Though I'd take ignite if they are heavy on healing.

Also, a note on his Q. Never try to get close enough to use it. I mean yes, if you suddenly find yourself that close, use it, but you shouldn't be actively seeking to be that close to someone in general. It's range is so short.

Constrictor

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lFeb View Post
This is one of those cases where in THEORY, you got reason, while in practice, no .-.
Are you seriously trying to argue that a +300 range buff with a 6% health per shot on top of it is not a steroid skill?

Really?

iLemonTea

Recruiter

08-27-2010

Hmm. Strangely, we run the exact rune and mastery build. That's one area where I've gone correctly then.

How does erm..

EQEQEREWEQRQQWWRWW sound? Is that an acceptable, since W is not very useful during laning phase.

My current build is Boots 1->Razor->Guinsoo->Nashor->Boots 3->Bloodrazor->Mallet->(Defensive Item)

The only game I played with him post-buff stopped at my Bloodrazor, so I'm not really sure about the other items. But I'm thinking Mallet will give good buff to his HP, as well as the slow proc. I also run Green Elixir often, it tops up my AS to 2.5 with max guinsoo stacks+Nashor+MBR although that game I didn't run aspd mastery, went for 9/0/21 instead.

I run Ghost/Cleanse for summoner spells because well, cleanse is really really good right now, esp. with the Amumu/Morg meta as well as it clearing silence and blinds. So... Yeah.

Phyrexian Roony

08-27-2010

Yay kennen is not hard place on a team

Dryesias

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTeaStrike View Post
Hmm. Strangely, we run the exact rune and mastery build. That's one area where I've gone correctly then.

How does erm..

EQEQEREWEQRQQWWRWW sound? Is that an acceptable, since W is not very useful during laning phase.

My current build is Boots 1->Razor->Guinsoo->Nashor->Boots 3->Bloodrazor->Mallet->(Defensive Item)

The only game I played with him post-buff stopped at my Bloodrazor, so I'm not really sure about the other items. But I'm thinking Mallet will give good buff to his HP, as well as the slow proc. I also run Green Elixir often, it tops up my AS to 2.5 with max guinsoo stacks+Nashor+MBR although that game I didn't run aspd mastery, went for 9/0/21 instead.

I run Ghost/Cleanse for summoner spells because well, cleanse is really really good right now, esp. with the Amumu/Morg meta as well as it clearing silence and blinds. So... Yeah.
I would throw one point into your W before you get your R. EQEW then. Depends on your lane really. I like having it when I reach 6 because that extra range does help when going for a kill.

I was thinking about switching over to cleanse. I used to run it a lot, then they nerfed it hard, but now maybe again.

I'll usually buy red pots or even blue pots over green pots, unless I have everything already, simply because I'm already so close to the cap, like 2.483 or something with rageblade stacks, and crit is sort of meh when your not built for it.

I like Mallet, though it depends on my team. If my team has lots of slows/snares/stuns, it's totally unnecessary, or if I'm constantly farming the red buff. I usually take a banshee's veil as my sole defensive item, so you can block that one stray CC that manages to find you way in the back, so you can stay mobile and slippery and not get focused down, and stay way in the back. It has health on it too. I mean if the other team feels like running through my entire team to get to me, I'm fine kiting them with E and R while my team obliterates them.

Kog'maw is all about keeping proper positioning, getting a real feel for your different ranges, and also managing your mana (When to all out spam R for example).