Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimensionist

08-24-2010

Elementz

How viable are snowball items in higher elo play? Specifically mejas, I get this item in most of my games as morgana especially when I solo mid, unless things aren't going well then I substitute for something else.

Do you see Mejas as an effective item in higher elo play or is it something rarely seen?

I often times have great success with it and consider it a staple in a lot of my games.

Wilczak

08-24-2010

If you have early kills and not dying - get it

Phatshady912

08-24-2010

How is Soraka tier 1 and Garen Tier 2? I am not yet high ELO myself, but from watching the streams of some good players (HotshotGG, VMan7, TreeEskimo) Soraka is almost never picked, and Garen is in every game. Infact I have seen far more of Ryze and Mordekaiser than Soraka.

Omnicis

08-24-2010

i thought TF would be lower, since, if he gets in goldcard range, he gets stunned and instadead.
so he is really left to spamming wild cards with a cruddy ap ratio, and picking up the 50 health champion running away.
I also never see him in any of the high elo streams i watch.
do you think TF is deserving of a buff?

if tf was reverted to pre remake status, with no slow on his destiny, and gold cards only being a single target stun with aoe damage, and gate being his ultimate and destiny being his E, would you think this would make him overpowered?

kyoukitenshi

08-24-2010

Quote:
EpicHippo:
Yes, Veigar is a solid counter pick to AP heros, but he also deals a crapload of damage in a very short time to normal squishes too. Anyone that doesn't have much magic resist is a very vulnerable target to Veigar. He's also the only caster that gets continually stronger as the game progresses, rather then slowly petering out like most casters do. His AoE stun is incredibly strong when the Veigar player knows what hes doing, and his meteor buff was so substantial you can almost always hit with it now. Where he is is where he belongs, bottom of T2, as a solid counter pick as WELL as a solid pick overall.

He's ridiculously easy to shut down early game though, since he has no escape mechanisms and he's incredibly squishy, as well as the fact that he does virtually no damage until mid-late game.

Omnicis

08-24-2010

Quote:
Elementz:
Answer to question 1!

For runes I'd put in my red slots +1.12 flat to listening to bull****. This is going to help you for the conversations that you just really don't care about. Girls love this. For blues and yellows I'd go with the pretty standard Pretending to Care per level yellows and for blues I'd go with Yes I have a Visa and a Nice Car blues flats. This will increase your chances of you carrying a conversation past the initial approach. For quints ima gonna have to go with gold per 5 runes. Girls like shiny things that they can wear and spend. Gold being able to be sold for money or worn makes for a the absolute perfect quints.

Masteries I'd go with have to stress going into the casual tree. You want to max out 4/4 Im Confident not Cocky, 3/3 Yes im wearing Deodorant, 4/4 I have a small dog that's fluffy and you can pet it if we can hook up later, and finally 1/1 She's never wrong.. EVER. This setup makes you seem cool and smell nice. This will help with the approach and the actual dating part of the girl. The 21 point skill She's never wrong... EVER getting this will help you avoid ridiculous fights that you know she's clearly wrong but it's not worth the wraith that comes after you tell her she's wrong. Bite your tongue and smile because on the inside you know your right This setup is pretty ideal for going after girls you have trouble approaching and it will almost insure a successful dating arrangement!

Answer to question 2!

Roaches are very hard to kill but they don't have enough CC or damage. Sure they are tanky but what goods being tanky if you aren't gonna kill anything in a team fight? When playing as Roaches its hard to control your character as it seems to automatically try to scurry away from any combat and sunlight. This can make it difficult to CS and harras or kill the enemy champions. So overall Roaches can be used to tank damage well in pub games but competitively I just don't see them being picked This is why I have yet to put them on my tier list.

OMFG YOU ARE SUCH A NOOB.
first of all, red runes are specialize in proactive things, like penetration. Bad conversation resistance would be more effecient in yellows, since that is the resistance specials. However, your high ability runes are in the right spot, probably by coincidence. "confident but not cocky" is completely overshadowed by "completely arrogant but girls cant tell the difference". Deodorant is, yet again probably coincidentally, a correct choice. The fluffy dog nice guy look may, at first, seem like it carries teh potential for having sustained positive affects, but they arent flashy enough to get any attention to catch the bait for teh sustainable affects to ever start its magic. Right now they are just too UP, while the more burst "HEY IM A BAD BOY" has a stronger look, and can sometimes, if played out right, keep them excited enough to stick with you long enough until you have maxed out on the possible enjoyment they can give you. If you can manage to keep a good hold on her from here, the "pretend she is always right" will be obsolete, as she will be trying to impress YOU, and will not be pushy with her arguments for fear of rejection from you.

spot on with the roach analysis, though. this is probably because you lack the luck with countering the ladies, so you dont need to keep your roach count down, so you are used to handling them.

ArcherU

08-24-2010

I'm getting the impression that Rammus has been really really good lately. Better than Shen anyway...

I know he doesn't have the AoE cc but Shen's dash isn's all that impressive, I rarely see more than one champion caught by it, meanwhile Rammus can 3 second taunt a vital member of the enemy team.

His Aoe damage ulti is nothing to laugh at either and the shield ensures he's one of the most annoying to kill tanks.

If Shen is still top rank Rammus shouldn't be so low.

Pyros

Recruiter

08-24-2010

Shen strength isn't so much his taunt or his tankiness, it's entirely his ult ability to save teammates that are caught in a bad spot. With the nerf he might drop a bit but he'll still be a decent pick.

Krusty Towel

08-24-2010

I agree with about everything on this list except anivia being T3. She is definitely a T2 hero right with annie. They both play vital nuking roles but differently. Where annie can explode a single target and do minmal-decent AoE Anivia explodes AoE and has a decent single target nuke + a wall then when used CORRECTLY can make or break a flee regardless if its you running or them. The better 1v1 champ is annie, but anivia combined with the correct ulti's or not targeted in a group can do MASSIVE damage. Her survivability can be mocked but if you do a good D wall + zhonyas timing it can allow you enough time to pump the dmg. My 2 cents.

Cliet

08-24-2010

Quote:
kyoukitenshi:
He's ridiculously easy to shut down early game though, since he has no escape mechanisms and he's incredibly squishy, as well as the fact that he does virtually no damage until mid-late game.

His AoE stun doesn't count as an escape mechanism?