Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etheliel View Post
OT:
I HATE SIDELANING AS VLAD.
This is going to become my thread where I randomly post stuff. :|
Side lane Vlad does suck.

Also yay for free bumps.

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etheliel View Post
Vladimir is an amazing champion right now, easily able to 1v3+ when farmed, however he's easily shut down by certain champions, ignite, team fights, and is very vulnerable when his pool is off.
He's a tough DPS but magic, instead of DPS.
He's tier 2, for some ungodly reason, probably because he has steady (or bursty if you don't go tough^) and he's not as easy to kill lategame, but at the same time - He's not a glass cannon, and he's not a tank. Tier 1 is for those that excel - He merely generalizes instead of specializing.
Galio, although a fine tank, many are currently playing incorrectly - And the few good Galios out there are showing that the champion has true potential, however, his cooldowns ARE still quite long, and if they're lowered he'll probably move into tier 1.
Well said ^^

Elementz

The Council

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlebit View Post
Hey Elementz, I was wondering if you could give any advice to an ezreal player. I can hit the skills shots but i still struggle vs annie, vlads, and occasionally a good anivia. I'm never sure if I should be hyper aggressive or more passive. Not to mention its difficult to pick a good starting item.

Also, I like the spot for Galio. As long as amumu remains unchanged he seems like he can do everything Galio can do but better. I love my emo mummy.

On a random note, its a shame blitz isn't more viable. My favorite dota hero would have to be pudge (not that he was ever too viable in cal games.) ever since bombs or all-stars, can't remember what version he first appeared in.
Dorans blade is pretty standard starting on Ez. Land ur Q's, harras with auto when you can. Use E offensively if you notice Annie or Anivia's Q is down. Most of all just try and CS vs champions you have a hard time killing. CS is very important on Ez because even if you don't kill the person you lane vs the farm will make you extremely strong in other team fights.

VMan7

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by etheliel View Post
6.5/10.

Elementz

The Council

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodkin View Post
Hey Elementz, i have been following this thread for a while and i feel this tier list more for high elo. Would you be able too make a short list of a few good champs for low elo?
Okay I'll make the list right now.. Ahem..

EVERY CHAMPION.

Ta da! haha :P

Literally you can carry on every single champion at low Elo if you know how to use that champion correctly.

Elementz

The Council

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamshade View Post
Dude, you obviously dont know what you are talking about. When you first get roaches they suck but if you feed them all game with like breadcrumbs and old stuff that gets left in the sink then they spawn like a 1000 extra times and they don't even afraid of sunlight or humans anymore because they are so huge. And then people see them and just spend all their time trying to squash them and they don't focus on anything else and they waste gold buying hard counters for them like Wriggle's Lantern. Roaches are all about psychological effects they're the mofo'ing roaches man wtf.
Mmm I forgot about that. Maybe I can add Roaches on when I update the list haha.

Darmikau

08-12-2010

Reposting this question:

No, really. Why is Eve so high up? Her only redeeming quality is she causes the enemy to waste 400 gold. This isn't a matter of "Well, the ones below Evelynn don't bring much to the table as other characters in their class." It's a matter of, how can any of them possibly bring anything less than Evelynn?

At least Cho'gath has a knockup, a 4 second silence, and good survivability.
At least Teemo has good map awareness combined with a slow.
At least Malzahar has a 2.5 second disable. (And good pushing ability? That's about the only redeeming thing I could find)
At least Tryndamere has good disruption as long as he's farmed enough to deal significant damage to enemy carries.
At least Mundo has good lane harassment and some decent survivability.
How Kog'Maw is below Eve...that one I don't even know what to say. Good lane presence, good farming ability, decent slow, top tier poking. Even if he's not the best, there's no way I'd rather pick Eve over him.

At least Eve...makes the enemy waste 400 gold?...
At least Eve...disturbs the enemy by being an ugly purple hooker?...

I'd really, really like to hear your justification, because to be honest, I can't think of a single instance where I'd ever take Eve over any of the characters below her. I mean, what Malz, Mundo, and Trynd in particular bring is nothing short of unimpressive, and I wouldn't be any more hesitant about skipping them than Evelynn, but if forced to pick, I'd easily take any of them over Eve, and I can't see why you wouldn't either.

Elementz

The Council

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzseen View Post
So, what are your thoughts on Janna/Soraka recently. I was clicking the links on the OP and feel like a refresher might be in order .

Personally, I feel like Soraka can almost be bumped down a tier into tier 2--not quite yet. Likewise I feel Janna can almost be bumped up to tier 1. With all the lovely AoE snaking it's way back--I know I'd rather have a Janna than a Soraka in some cases, at least over a soraka anyway. Since I feel like tier lists are about certain heroes fulfilling a role realtively better than someone else, I don't think it would ever be logical to have Soraka and Janna in the same tier since they will always be support. On that note, I think it's kind of weird that Kayle and Soraka are in the same tier as well.

Anyway, penny 'fo yo thoughts.
Soraka maybe tier 2. Janna is gonna stay where she is.

Elementz

The Council

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmikau View Post
Reposting this question:

No, really. Why is Eve so high up? Her only redeeming quality is she causes the enemy to waste 400 gold. This isn't a matter of "Well, the ones below Evelynn don't bring much to the table as other characters in their class." It's a matter of, how can any of them possibly bring anything less than Evelynn?

At least Cho'gath has a knockup, a 4 second silence, and good survivability.
At least Teemo has good map awareness combined with a slow.
At least Malzahar has a 2.5 second disable. (And good pushing ability? That's about the only redeeming thing I could find)
At least Tryndamere has good disruption as long as he's farmed enough to deal significant damage to enemy carries.
At least Mundo has good lane harassment and some decent survivability.
How Kog'Maw is below Eve...that one I don't even know what to say. Good lane presence, good farming ability, decent slow, top tier poking. Even if he's not the best, there's no way I'd rather pick Eve over him.

At least Eve...makes the enemy waste 400 gold?...
At least Eve...disturbs the enemy by being an ugly purple hooker?...

I'd really, really like to hear your justification, because to be honest, I can't think of a single instance where I'd ever take Eve over any of the characters below her. I mean, what Malz, Mundo, and Trynd in particular bring is nothing short of unimpressive, and I wouldn't be any more hesitant about skipping them than Evelynn, but if forced to pick, I'd easily take any of them over Eve, and I can't see why you wouldn't either.
You really put time and effort into writing like 3 paragraphs on why Eve isn't higher in the unfit for competitive play tier? Lul.

Eve + smite = other jungler countered actually. It's incredibly hard to stop an Eve from ganking you early and completely ruining your Jungle. Dan Dinh does this sometimes at high Elo. It's extremely annoying.

Elementz

The Council

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
There's only one thing about this list that I really have a problem with and that's Fiddle's placement. I feel like he's suffering from the Taric nerf syndrome where the day Taric's heal got removed from his ultimate everyone and their mothers placed him on bottom tier. Taric hasn't been touched since and is now back on top.

Sure Fiddle got nerfed and sure hardly anyone knows how to play him worth a **** but he's definitely not that low. He is and will likely always be the king of AoE damage with some of the best CC in the game.
He had some of the best CC in the game. He's almost ignorable now.