Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iChoke

08-12-2010

Don't see a link for Vladimir or Galio, so you would you mind giving your opinions to the reasons for these champs's respective spots on the tier list?

Thanks

a schadenfreude

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz View Post
Taric needs kills. He's the carry :O
I keep getting told I'm bad.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

a schadenfreude

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iChoke View Post
Don't see a link for Vladimir or Galio, so you would you mind giving your opinions to the reasons for these champs's respective spots on the tier list?

Thanks
Vladimir is an amazing champion right now, easily able to 1v3+ when farmed, however he's easily shut down by certain champions, ignite, team fights, and is very vulnerable when his pool is off.
He's a tough DPS but magic, instead of DPS.
He's tier 2, for some ungodly reason, probably because he has steady (or bursty if you don't go tough^) and he's not as easy to kill lategame, but at the same time - He's not a glass cannon, and he's not a tank. Tier 1 is for those that excel - He merely generalizes instead of specializing.
Galio, although a fine tank, many are currently playing incorrectly - And the few good Galios out there are showing that the champion has true potential, however, his cooldowns ARE still quite long, and if they're lowered he'll probably move into tier 1.

skittlebit

08-12-2010

Hey Elementz, I was wondering if you could give any advice to an ezreal player. I can hit the skills shots but i still struggle vs annie, vlads, and occasionally a good anivia. I'm never sure if I should be hyper aggressive or more passive. Not to mention its difficult to pick a good starting item.

Also, I like the spot for Galio. As long as amumu remains unchanged he seems like he can do everything Galio can do but better. I love my emo mummy.

On a random note, its a shame blitz isn't more viable. My favorite dota hero would have to be pudge (not that he was ever too viable in cal games.) ever since bombs or all-stars, can't remember what version he first appeared in.

dreamshade

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz View Post
Roaches are very hard to kill but they don't have enough CC or damage. Sure they are tanky but what goods being tanky if you aren't gonna kill anything in a team fight? When playing as Roaches its hard to control your character as it seems to automatically try to scurry away from any combat and sunlight. This can make it difficult to CS and harras or kill the enemy champions. So overall Roaches can be used to tank damage well in pub games but competitively I just don't see them being picked This is why I have yet to put them on my tier list.
Dude, you obviously dont know what you are talking about. When you first get roaches they suck but if you feed them all game with like breadcrumbs and old stuff that gets left in the sink then they spawn like a 1000 extra times and they don't even afraid of sunlight or humans anymore because they are so huge. And then people see them and just spend all their time trying to squash them and they don't focus on anything else and they waste gold buying hard counters for them like Wriggle's Lantern. Roaches are all about psychological effects they're the mofo'ing roaches man wtf.

a schadenfreude

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlebit View Post
Hey Elementz, I was wondering if you could give any advice to an ezreal player. I can hit the skills shots but i still struggle vs annie, vlads, and occasionally a good anivia. I'm never sure if I should be hyper aggressive or more passive. Not to mention its difficult to pick a good starting item.

Also, I like the spot for Galio. As long as amumu remains unchanged he seems like he can do everything Galio can do but better. I love my emo mummy.

On a random note, its a shame blitz isn't more viable. My favorite dota hero would have to be pudge (not that he was ever too viable in cal games.) ever since bombs or all-stars, can't remember what version he first appeared in.
When you're playing AD Vlad, make sure you max R>Q>E>W, the shorter CD on the flash is a lot more useful.
Also, what build do you use?

a schadenfreude

08-12-2010

OT:
I HATE SIDELANING AS VLAD.
This is going to become my thread where I randomly post stuff. :|

shedim

08-12-2010

Why is Vladimir tier 2?

a schadenfreude

08-12-2010

Solo queue sucks.
@Shedim - Because, as I stated before (Note: opinion of mine. Not Ele's)
He doesn't specialize in anything. Although he's tier 1 material, at the same time, he's very easy to focus/shut down when playing against a somewhat skilled team, and beyond that - There are many counters to him, if you have the ability to focus him (Presuming he goes AP) - If he doesn't go straight AP, then he won't be putting out enough damage to truly change the fight (besides his ult) unless fed, therefore allowing you to somewhat ignore him until enemy carries are down.

skittlebit

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etheliel View Post
When you're playing AD Vlad, make sure you max R>Q>E>W, the shorter CD on the flash is a lot more useful.
Also, what build do you use?
I tend to start out with a dorans shield or blade, but Ive been trying an early scepter still not sure whats best. I typically run merc if they have disables and rush a brutalizer. I'm not to fond of chalice because i still find I will run oom when it matters. (team fights/ganks). Then i turn brute into ghost blade, get sheen -> trintiniy. Here i tend to go blood thirster then frozen mallet or vise versa depending on survivability problems. I end with a black cleaver but games usually don't last that long.