Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thor Of Asgard

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Of Asgard View Post
TL; DR

just kidding

Why is Heimer top tier?

Are you joking?

He's been nerfed in 3 consecutive patches.

Also, I agree with most of these placements.

But after my 1.5k games played, I think Jax is at least tier 3. Any reasons why you put him bottom tier?
Any comment on Heimer/Jax placement?

Honestly most of the QQ I see about Heimer is just people following the crowd. Same reason he's still banned every game, people think it's a "good ban." (These people are wrong) Downvoted for having a different opinion, but I would still like to know your reasons.

Edit: Read comments on Dinger and Jax.

Jax getting nerfed from God Tier was understandable, I don't think he's put into t4 though. He's still very strong with a guinsoo's and some attack damage, combined his ultimate. He also has an AOE stun, which is signifigantly more useful now with ults like Vlads and Galios.

I have yet to see Heimer baron at the 15 minute mark. Is he so high on your list because he gets fed in the games you play?

Eppa

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etheliel View Post
Once again.
Team composition.
I will repeat, ONCE AGAIN. (TOLD YOU.)
This is about champions ON THEIR OWN.
Tier lists do not account for team composition.
STOP SAYING "<> IS GOOD WITH <>"
:|

And to clarify (edit <-- -->) tournaments, like LAN tournaments? Yeah, that's who you're against.
But in ranked games and where you don't know who you're playing?
I don't recall this going to specify only tournaments.
Ladder play is also counted.
Well there aren't many top tier teams and most people have most of them on their friends list...

Saying champions are rated on how good they are on their own is stupid for a game based around team play. Soraka isn't good if there are no high dps chars to heal, Amumu isn't good if there are no one that can use his ultimate effectively. Champions are rated on how well they work with other champions dismissing it would be like saying twitch didn't become x10 better with kayle ulti. If you don't look at synergies between champions in a tier list you will undoubtedly get a scewed tier list focusing more on 1v1 and 2v2 rather than 5v5.

Taric and Soraka weren't OP on their own but put them together and you had a face roll win comp tanking 5 aoes at the same time.

AIM7Sparrow

08-12-2010

There's only one thing about this list that I really have a problem with and that's Fiddle's placement. I feel like he's suffering from the Taric nerf syndrome where the day Taric's heal got removed from his ultimate everyone and their mothers placed him on bottom tier. Taric hasn't been touched since and is now back on top.

Sure Fiddle got nerfed and sure hardly anyone knows how to play him worth a **** but he's definitely not that low. He is and will likely always be the king of AoE damage with some of the best CC in the game.

Kaye

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
Well there aren't many top tier teams and most people have most of them on their friends list...

Saying champions are rated on how good they are on their own is stupid for a game based around team play. Soraka isn't good if there are no high dps chars to heal, Amumu isn't good if there are no one that can use his ultimate effectively. Champions are rated on how well they work with other champions dismissing it would be like saying twitch didn't become x10 better with kayle ulti. If you don't look at synergies between champions in a tier list you will undoubtedly get a scewed tier list focusing more on 1v1 and 2v2 rather than 5v5.

Taric and Soraka weren't OP on their own but put them together and you had a face roll win comp tanking 5 aoes at the same time.
Soraka is good because she heals your DPS.
I didn't say 'Look at their abilities, if they can rock people with nobody else they're good, otherwise gtfo.'
I said, 'Stop saying <> and <> make a good combo.'
If we're talking about combos or full teams, then why are we discussing it in a champion tier list - Not a team tier list, not a combination tier list.
Stop it.

Kaye

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Of Asgard View Post
Any comment on Heimer/Jax placement?

Honestly most of the QQ I see about Heimer is just people following the crowd. Same reason he's still banned every game, people think it's a "good ban." (These people are wrong) Downvoted for having a different opinion, but I would still like to know your reasons.

Edit: Read comments on Dinger and Jax.

Jax getting nerfed from God Tier was understandable, I don't think he's put into t4 though. He's still very strong with a guinsoo's and some attack damage, combined his ultimate. He also has an AOE stun, which is signifigantly more useful now with ults like Vlads and Galios.

I have yet to see Heimer baron at the 15 minute mark. Is he so high on your list because he gets fed in the games you play?
Most teams don't try to baron @ 15m with turrets, because it's true - There can be deaths from it, if you aren't playing smart, and it's very gankable, as most teams ward.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you do. Although, I would say if you had somebody with a madreds, baron'ing at 15 with Heimer is a must.
With an ult like Galios', Jax's stun can't do anything because it's activated, and the radius is too small to use outside of his (Galios) ult.
Somebody like xin zhao or Udyr, can counter that ult, but Jax, no, sir.

I do have to agree and say Jax is tier 3, not 4.

Edit @ The original quote.
Nerfed doesn't mean bad.
Nerfed means less powerful skills. It doesn't mean they become unviable instantly.
Besides - The nerf on his turrets, although heartbreaking, wasn't crippling. Increased damage was good, but they still do viable damage without it.

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

08-12-2010

Quote:
Most teams don't try to baron @ 15m with turrets, because it's true - There can be deaths from it, if you aren't playing smart, and it's very gankable, as most teams ward.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you do. Although, I would say if you had somebody with a madreds, baron'ing at 15 with Heimer is a must.
With an ult like Galios', Jax's stun can't do anything because it's activated, and the radius is too small to use outside of his (Galios) ult.
Somebody like xin zhao or Udyr, can counter that ult, but Jax, no, sir.

I do have to agree and say Jax is tier 3, not 4.
Jax got nerfed way too hard :S he's not better then the vast majority of carries/dps'es now.

Also some dude posted your picture in here :O

EDIT: ROFL i didn't realize you posted your own picture LOL. I thought someone just linked you. Ma bad, you're not a dude

Eppa

08-12-2010

Quote:
Soraka is good because she heals your DPS.
I didn't say 'Look at their abilities, if they can rock people with nobody else they're good, otherwise gtfo.'
I said, 'Stop saying <> and <> make a good combo.'
If we're talking about combos or full teams, then why are we discussing it in a champion tier list - Not a team tier list, not a combination tier list.
Stop it.
Stop what? I have no idea how you would rate champions.

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
Stop what? I have no idea how you would rate champions.
Just stop it no you stop it. teheheheheh

Kaye

08-12-2010

OT:
No, I'm not a dude.
OT2:
I hate it when you kick some kids ass in solo ranked, even if you're not doing well...
Then the next day you're on their team, and they demand to solo a lane. You remember their 0 - 10+ score and you tear a little.
On topic:
??

Eppa

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz View Post
Just stop it no you stop it. teheheheheh
You stop it! you created this monster.