Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laurix

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzbzq View Post
[/LIST] I feel like there are easy and obvious weak spots on all these characters that should be tuned up to bring them more in line.

Ryze: Make rune prison a stun again
Mordekaiser: Make Q actually decent.
Jax: Just revert a few nerfs.
Malphite: Lower ultimate cooldown to Ashe's ult levels. Also, increase his base stats. He should be getting over 100hp per level like other characters with bad spells.
Blitzcrank: Remove the movespeed penalty from W.
Olaf: Make Q easier to hit with, make E scale better.
Corki: Improve his range a little, fix mana cost increase rate on Q.
Fiddlesticks: Mana costs and movespeed can both be reconsidered. Also, they need to fix his last-hitting ability, because he can't lane as is.
Kennen: Just change the passive part of W to deal damage=AP every 5th hit (current effect doesn't make AD or AS remotely viable.)
Eve: Her ultimate currently makes no sense. She also needs a close-out move so she can still participate against oracles.
Teemo: ???
Malzahar: ???
Kog'maw: Kog'maw is such an easy kill that people just hunt him. Redo his Q to be a life drain that temporarily steals armor and adds it to Kog'maw.
Trynd: Let him remove ignite and other DoTs, either through his ult or through bloodlust.
Cho'gath: Make rupture a little quicker.Mundo: Let him remove ignite somehow.
Sadly, none of these changes will probably happen.

There will always be champions at the bottom of the barrel, or else there wouldn't be a "Tier 4" or "Hard to place" category.

Nonetheless, I love some of those changes.

-----------------

Also @Elementz.

I asked about a week ago, didn't see a response. What justifies TF being in high-mid Tier 3? He seems like a Tier 4 hero, if not unplayable in his state. AD is bad post-nerfs, pure-AP is bad due to ratio's, and hybrid is alright - but requires a lot of kills/farm, and even then he's just a mediocre glass cannon. Do you ever see him in high ELO?

Lastly, I mentioned this about ~2-3 weeks ago, but I still believe Olaf should be bumped up a bit (as does others) =P

Pwning U Noobs

08-12-2010

With the recent changes to Malzahar, do you think he should be moved up? He can now drop an ult from a safer range, and a timely placed 'W' (Null Zone), can effectively take out the toughest of tanks (with 300 AB it's doing 11% max hp/sec). The added range on his 'E' (Visions) now jump from the melee minions to the ranged minions in regular minion waves, making his pushing power that much better. He still is a mana hungry machine, however.

dreamshade

08-12-2010

Hey Elementz, there's this girl I really like but I'm not sure how to approach her. How should I build runes / masteries?

Hey Elementz, I have a bunch of roaches in my apartment. I try to kill them but they never seem to die. I think roaches make better tanks than Alistar. Why aren't they on your tier list?

Valriera

08-12-2010

I think it's time to give Ryze another look: he's recieved two buffs in a row now and certainly can't be tier 4. He can burst with the best of them, hardly needs to farm to be effective, and provides decent support in his snare and MR debuff, not to mention ridiculous aoe. His greatest strength now is his consistency...think he needs to be bumped up to t3 at least.

enderkin

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valriera View Post
I think it's time to give Ryze another look: he's recieved two buffs in a row now and certainly can't be tier 4. He can burst with the best of them, hardly needs to farm to be effective, and provides decent support in his snare and MR debuff, not to mention ridiculous aoe. His greatest strength now is his consistency...think he needs to be bumped up to t3 at least.
I would disagree with this. I've played a few games with Ryzes post-buff, and they still suffer from similar problems that plagued them before. He still needs to get up close to people and faceroll 1v1 in order to get off the full burst. In team fights he is oftentimes too slow and his damage spreads out too much for him to be really effective. He's still one of the worst mages on the field, in my opinion.

BackInYaHood

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etheliel View Post
Most nasus play incorrectly, in my opinion.
Nasus can be tough DPS, but he shouldn't usually be played as a full out tank.
Another thing - Nasus is mana dependent, Mordekaiser is not. Also, his AoE does not give him full lane control against any ranged, and its duration is too low to truly spam consistently, with his mana problems. Nasus is an amazing champion, true, but he has his faults as well.
If Mordekaiser, for example, is able to farm for that first twenty minutes without too many deaths, or even a kill or two, he'll be much better than a nasus who's farmed for 20 minutes, not factoring in skill level and team composition.
with lane control I meant that you can hardly push against a nasus and his passive makes it hard to harass him
i dont deny that morde's early is probably better - especially due to nasus mana consumption - but nasus at lvl6 is just so many times better than morde at 6
nasus can solo lizard, golem or dragon within seconds
and really who lets morde farm 20 minutes ? thats not really probable :/
nasus is great even if he had a bad start - morde rather not
btw I think you underestimate how strong a farmed nasus is

Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
So while you're spamming your AoE (which does **** dmg btw anyone with a life steal or dorans dagger can sit in it and shoot creeps) how are you building your Q? By around L11 you'll be hitting people like a wet noodle with your +20 Q dmg.

Morde gets his swoll on from L7+ at L12 he's extremely strong his W + SFC (which he will have at that time) will be doing 80 dmg a second to everyone around him tac on incin and your ult and their carry will be dead in seconds giving you a ridiculous damage boost with the pet. If their carry had red it gets even better because now you have a double slow.

Either way this isn't a discussion of who is superior, Nasus or Mord we all know Nasus is, late game. This is a discussion on whether or not Mord should be a T4 champ or high T3 champ.

I had a few of my boys talkin **** on Mord 2 days ago saying they would QD if I picked Mord. I picked Mord at the last second and went 17-3 playing mid shutting down their Vlad. He's not a **** champ he was nerfed for a reason.
his aoe is strong enough to kill creep waves and it is also an armor reduce
and maybe you learn how to count up to 11 because I dont see why you cant level your q till then
morde might sound great but he is simply not as strong as these other champs elementz and others quoted so many times already
your numbers prove nothing to be honest
I recently played some 14/3 as mejais-eve. does that prove anything ?

Dunkelzahn

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamshade View Post
Hey Elementz, there's this girl I really like but I'm not sure how to approach her. How should I build runes / masteries?

Hey Elementz, I have a bunch of roaches in my apartment. I try to kill them but they never seem to die. I think roaches make better tanks than Alistar. Why aren't they on your tier list?
roaches rely too much on dodge and are therefore destroyed by casters which is huge in the current meta

Ingenejannik

08-12-2010

How is the Tier1 Kayle played and how do i survive early with her huge boo..er manacosts.

And why is Corki tier 4 O.o. He does incredible AOEdmg and armorshred. Pls explain me why he is lowranked.

And Alishtar Tier 2? Pls explain me ^^

Cyrenic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz View Post
*-----* CHANGE LOG *-----*

Soraka moved down in tier 1
Kayle moved down in tier 1
Gragas moved up in tier 3
Katarina moved to tier 3
Galio to tier 2
Nidalee moved to top of tier 3
Care to give any thoughts on Galio? How are high ELO players itemizing him/using him?

AzixTGO

08-12-2010

I get tired of hearing about this stupid tier list in games like its some commandment set in stone.