Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VMan7

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigade View Post
I'm surprised to see Alistar as a Tier 2 tank. Could you explain the reasoning behind this, how he outshines a tier 3 tank like Rammus?
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...09533&page=129

ArlanKels

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz View Post
  • Tier 1: Kayle, Heimerdinger, Shaco, Soraka, Shen, Ezreal, Amumu, Morgana.
  • Tier 2: Sion, Annie, Taric, Xin Zhao, Udyr, Janna, Nasus, Warwick, Tristana, Alistar, Katarina, Garen, Ashe, Sivir, Zilean, Veigar.
  • Tier 3: Poppy, Twitch, Kassadin, Anivia, Nidalee, Jax, Akali, Gragas, Yi, Singed, Pantheon, Rammus, Twisted Fate, Gangplank, Nunu, Karthus.
  • Tier 4: Ryze, Mordekaiser, Malphite, Blitzcrank, Olaf, Corki, Fiddlesticks.
  • Hard to place on a team: Kennen, Eve, Teemo, Malhazar, Kog'Maw, Tyndamere, Cho'Gath, Mundo
Ezrael as Tier1 seems pretty over the top. While he packs some good damage and has utility in an attack speed boost, he's a squishy with no stun and he can have some major mana issues. He also relies heavily on the enemy "clumping" in order for his W and R to do any real damage, and his flash is unreliable for hitting a preferred target if they do, indeed, clump as people will be continually moving and writhing about, thus throwing your flash damage off. Instead it's used mainly as an escape mechanic, which means that he mainly does damage with his Q and W.
The Q hits creeps and requires an Attack Damage build, his W can hit a group but has short range, bypasses creeps and requires AP. Thus his two main damage abilities are SPLIT as to how to build, so players must dedicate themselves to a single skill that they'll mainly use in a fight. In my opinion it means he lacks versatility.

Warwick as Tier2 makes me chuckle. You can disrupt his Ultimates damage capability with Cleanse, Quicksilver Sash, Mercury's Tread(One of the most popular items in the game). He mainly requires fighting at close range, is easily disrupted by blind/slows and basically suffers from Yi-itis. As in, whatever trumps Yi most likely trumps him.

I also think Tristana is too high, she is basically a long-distance character who has no long-distance until late game. She does damage, but only if you let her build up...basically she's a heavy carry. IF she achieves her proper build/levels then she rapes, but if she doesn't then you'll be able to roll her. She has good escape mechanics, with the jump and the ultimate, but in a forward frontal assault she is lacking, and that is what most team fights boil down to.

Fiddle as Tier4 confuses me. He has a Silence, that bounces off of multiple targets and can do insane levels of damage if used on a duo of heroes. He can Fear, he can Drain and he can AoE...and move while AoEing. And flash prior to the AoE. And then Fear/attack/drain WHILE AoEing.

Anivia at Tier3 is ehh...I'm thinking she should be a little higher, as she has significant team utility in her slows, stun and wall. She has survivability in her egg form, especially if she uses it intelligently. She has nuke abilities late game, and she has farming capability.

KogMaw is a solid pick. He's able to build two ways based on what the enemy has. If they're squishy he goes AP/Long-range, if they're tanky he builds for his W and bloodrazor, letting him rip through targets rapidly with reckless abandon.

Chogath is probably one of the most impressive Tanks i've ever seen. Able to reach untold of levels of HP without a single HP item, his Feast can do upwards of 1,000 damage THAT IGNORES ARMOR and his silence & stun are both area of effect, damaging and effective.

I don't even understand why Blitz is Tier4...he's one of the best initiators in the game, with his grab which also stuns. His knock-up, which is a stun. So he basically has two stuns, solid damage and good mobility plus durability.

skindrawer

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMan7 View Post
Note that these are my opinions and do not reflect about what the actual tier list dictates.
Amumu is tier 1 because he has a great jungle, can still tank well, does respectable damage, and can do dragon solo (with red/blue buffs) as early as level 3 by himself. Personally I think that shen isn't the best tank, although he definitely one of the best. Alistar is tier 2, is explained on page 129 I believe.
Well, I was sure that Amumu is T1 from the beggining, but Elementz was placing him way behind, I was wondering the reasons behing this move, is there something i don't know or he just realised he was much stronger.

AS for Alistar, i'm quite sure he is one of the best tanks, I just don't play him AP, like elemtz suggested, but MS, with Phantom Dancer, Banshee, and just then Soul Shroud, i find that quite good... Try it sometime... With marks for AS... He can creep really well with em

Quote:
Veigar has been underrated for a long, long time. After the last patch, he basically got buffed. Any damaging KB he gets on a hero gives him 5 AP (after level 9), and between the nerf to Merc Treads and .4s off his meteor falling, he can land his combo more often, as well as he got his stun cooldown/range buffed. I'd argue he's mid t2 instead of end t2.
Still not convinced that he is T2 despite amazing dmg output he can do and his stun. It's like Morder before, elementz was saying "he is a great tank, but in draft mode when u get Morder you get 4 cleanses in your face", now u can't cleanse from ignite and morder's ult but he is still lacking something... I feel the same thing about Veigar, he got some buffs, but don't feel him like mid T2, maybe top 3...

P.S. I'm not totally disagreeing with his choices, just want to know the reasoning behind 'em

UnOfficial

07-25-2010

IMO VMan should be a tier of his own, between tier 1 and 2 = Vman tier

slofox

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz View Post
He's like Garen as the Tankyish DPS but he can jungle and delievers a lot more DPS and CC. He's OP in solo queue because people can't counter him effectively and a lot of people don't buy wards so they just get ganked by the level 4 Xin with double buffs and a charge slow + knock up. Overall a solid pick imo.
I know this is a bit off-topic, but what champion would you consider to be a hard counter to Xin Zhao.

VMan7

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by slofox View Post
I know this is a bit off-topic, but what champion would you consider to be a hard counter to Xin Zhao.
AP Teemo with Exhaust.

VMan7

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by skindrawer View Post
Still not convinced that he is T2 despite amazing dmg output he can do and his stun. It's like Morder before, elementz was saying "he is a great tank, but in draft mode when u get Morder you get 4 cleanses in your face", now u can't cleanse from ignite and morder's ult but he is still lacking something... I feel the same thing about Veigar, he got some buffs, but don't feel him like mid T2, maybe top 3...
Veigar is listed as the last seed in t2, which I disagree. I'd put him higher than what he currently is. I could pull up some livestreams I have of him which show his potential in a moment, but my work seems to have it blocked.

schleppy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

Before anyone asks about the Mummy, I'll answer any questions about why he is now top tier. (he always was, mind you)

-Arguably one of the 2 or 3 best junglers behind warwick. He can do early dragon, golem, lizard without problems.
-A highly underrated ganker.
-He earns far more money in the jungle then he ever would in a lane, allowing him to rush some key items (usually Aegis but can be a quick giants belt) which always was his big drawback. (he needs some items to add stats to be effective and it was rough to get those items laning)
-Is far and away the best initiator in the game, match that ability with the items jungling allows him to buy and a half decent team backing him up and you have a thing of beauty.

Elementz may have some other things to add, but I think I covered the basics.

lFeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2010

Quote:
Twitch is a hard carry/assassin, who still has a decent early game, and is ranged. Farmed he has the most damage potential to an opposing team out of the three, however can get focused easy before he can do anything with a responsive team.

The other two are just assassins, who can bring down a single target fast without as much farm as twitch. Evelynn and Akali take more getting used to and more "skill" to do the same results as a Twitch.

All three heroes require positioning to be the most effective.
Can you tell me please the skill build, the item build, the masteries (just numbers) and the runes that you use for Eve? Thanks in advance!

EternalFatness

07-25-2010

Great list
i was wondering about anivia though. obviously you consider her to be a worse pick than annie or vieg, and i was wondering why. i did some basic number crunching and anivia's burst is stronger than Annie (total damage is higher with each skill landed). is it simply anivia's lack of aoe stun that makes her inferior?