Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valduran

05-12-2010

Akali is probably the most likely to be competitive. It's too early to say for sure, but
Garen doesn't really have much use, and Panth is absolutely awful.

schleppy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2010

I think a list of this type elementZ would be better separated like such..

tier1 (ban list) these are the champs people will ban so they don't have to risk playing against one instead of as one of them..

tier2: These are all viable champions that wont get banned other then for special circumstances. (you know "X" player is godly with "Y" viable champion so you ban it.)

tier3: these champs are slightly below tier2 but are still viable and will rarely if ever get banned.

tier4: These champs are the least viable for 5v5 play but can still be effective in certain team makeups and have no risk of being banned.

I have no real argument with your list, other then some of your lower tier champs become more viable if the tier 1 champs are not in play. Assume there are 3 bans for each side, and I ban jax, fiddle and soraka, and you ban annie, sivir and ezreal. Certain champs in your tier 3 and tier 4 become more viable simply due to the lack of the afore mentioned champs that are now banned.

NimrodD

05-12-2010

So, where is the sneaky Kennen in your list?

omgacow

05-12-2010

Elementz i have a question, you are ranking the tiers based on viability, but did you take into account that this is actually draft mode? not blind pick.

If this was blind pick tier lists, yes soraka would be top tier. However, in draft mode, if the team saw you pick a soraka, then they could pick a katriana, or tristana to counter that.

I think in draft mode veigar is tier 1, but in blind pick he is tier 2 or 3

Emergencia

05-12-2010

Uh, yes. Elementz, if this is a draft mode Veigar can either be completely OP or completely UP. Anyway, we don't have draft mode, I don't understand how can there be a Draft Mode tier list without there actually been a draft mode to test things..

LordGooGoo

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emergencia View Post
Uh, yes. Elementz, if this is a draft mode Veigar can either be completely OP or completely UP. Anyway, we don't have draft mode, I don't understand how can there be a Draft Mode tier list without there actually been a draft mode to test things..
Because in a lot of league/tournament play (which are going on right now), there are draft ban systems.

Eppa

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgacow View Post
Elementz i have a question, you are ranking the tiers based on viability, but did you take into account that this is actually draft mode? not blind pick.

If this was blind pick tier lists, yes soraka would be top tier. However, in draft mode, if the team saw you pick a soraka, then they could pick a katriana, or tristana to counter that.

I think in draft mode veigar is tier 1, but in blind pick he is tier 2 or 3
Soraka is hurt that bad because trist isn't that good and kat has to use her KI and is quite easy to kill then.

LordGooGoo

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helthros View Post
A little off topic, but out of Panth, Akali, or Garen, which would you recommend to pick up and still remain competitive?

I'm looking for a new champ to play and I'm trying to narrow it down between these 3. Panth seems like a lot of fun, but you hear so many horror stories.

I try to think "X champ blows" posts with a grain of salt. For a while I read how badly Gragas sucked. I purchased him, tried something different with him and loved it. Now he's becoming main stream.

Garen seems fun, but I can't seem to build him worth a snot. Akali seems even more fun, but I question her value in group fights. As for Panth, I hardly ever see him to make a judgment call.

Oh,and one more thing, why is Udyr up so high?

Thanks a lot in advance. Despite whatever haters say, the community appreciates posts like this from people who even remotely know what they are talking about.
Akali, only because other 2 are so bad and she still have some potential.

People thought gregas sucked because RIOT recommended to play him AP, and AP gregas is terrible.

Udyr is high because he serves the same role as ww, but doesn't do it as well. Jungle, single target cc for disruption, etc.

Eppa

05-12-2010

Wow dude your terribad, Sion is pretty **** bad. No hard feelings..

Kmacc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
Wow dude your terribad, Sion is pretty **** bad. No hard feelings..
how so? he has a stun making him a decent ganker a shield that reduces the amount of damage he takes and if the enemy doesnt take it off they all take damage giving them a bit of incentive to hit him and his ult gives his teammes some healing when he is attacking... how is he not tier 3 material?