Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L0CUST

The Council

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
I feel as if Corki is getting placed lowly by you and others due to lack of interest. He's had no nerfs or tweaks for a while yet he's dropped quite a bit. Considering the fact that no new ranged DPS champions have emerged, Kennen hardly counts, I think he needs to be placed higher.

He does massive AoE damage in teamfights. His spells are naturally strong without the need of any AP. That, plus being one of the best TForce users in the game along with a built AoE Black Cleaver makes him a top pick for a carry in my eyes. Having an escape mechanism and being able to harass well at long range as well as scouting for wards is just gravy on top of it all.

Thoughts?

I do agree with your list MUCH more strongly than Tymmed's though. Nice work.
My list is still around here somewhere.. qq

shawster

05-10-2010

i think kayle is a weird pick.

in some ways she's absolutely useless, but with the right team she's ban-tier. i also think malph should be higher, maybe t3-t2 since his ult is just amazing when pulled off right.

Thistlemin

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz View Post
Trist counters healing. Trist has a lot more DPS output then Nida does from the farthest range in the game. I dunno if you've ever truely seen a good Trist but Trist definatly owns Nidalee 1v1 and is a much better carry then Nida can be. Farmed Trist will out carry a farmed Nida any day of the week.
That's a BIG IF considering Nidalee will outfarm Tristana or should because of heal + Doran's Ring even with the anti-heal. A good player will pull back, wait until it wears off, which isn't long, and then pop E. And since Tristana isn't a ganker anywhere near the prowes of Nidalee, or a jungler, Nidalee should have Tristana outfarmed easily.

I guess if you consider sitting in your lane all day farming creeps to be a viable high elo strategy maybe. I have seen some very good tristana's. I've also mained Nidalee and found Tristana similar to Teemo in the way that he is a single target carry debuffer. Tristana counters heal, Teemo counters carries with his blind.

Both are inferior in the all around skill department and team value that Nidalee brings as a carry.

Thistlemin

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz View Post
Pretty much. He's a pretty sick champion and I really like him. I think he could fit into some line ups as he's a monster PvE'er with Q. He just has a REALLY hard time if he side lanes usually and most of the time needs solo to not be a free kill.
Say the opposition had a Karthus in team play for you settings. Would you ever consider playing 2-2-1 instead of 2-1-2 to match up two on Karthus in mid and try and zone him out to prevent him from farming up and becoming a pain in the butt?

With a ranged carry taking the side solo against two like Tristana, Nidalee, Twisted Fate, Ashe...list goes on?

DsenT

05-11-2010

I'd like to bring up Ezreal on tier 1. Ezreal is a great champ but, as far as team fights go he relies heavily upon good cc, and disables which he has none. Ofc depending on your build than can be changed. I think i'd rather see him tier 2. Otherwise very good picks.

P.S No love for blitz? I'd think he'd be higher tier.

puregoldenboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2010

Soraka is so high because she can pretty much neutralize any hero that relies on spell bursting with 3 second silence. I mean yeah the easy answer would be to tell the silenced person to just back up and wait for it to end before engaging. But alot of times you will see an Annie walking into a fight after a tank has initiated only to find herself silenced for 3 seconds. Ruins everything. I ruin alot of Alistairs who try to initiate by silencing them right before they are in stun range forcing them to pop ult earlier than they wanted to at times. Once she farms locket between 13-17 minutes it's full push mode for the team for the next 20 minutes.

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsenT View Post
I'd like to bring up Ezreal on tier 1. Ezreal is a great champ but, as far as team fights go he relies heavily upon good cc, and disables which he has none. Ofc depending on your build than can be changed. I think i'd rather see him tier 2. Otherwise very good picks.

P.S No love for blitz? I'd think he'd be higher tier.
His heal damage buff / debuff is godlike in team fights combined with very strong AoE bursts and two very strong single target spamable spells. Yes he lacks the CC but the burst and heals he can deliever are very strong.

Elementz

The Council

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistlemin View Post
That's a BIG IF considering Nidalee will outfarm Tristana or should because of heal + Doran's Ring even with the anti-heal. A good player will pull back, wait until it wears off, which isn't long, and then pop E. And since Tristana isn't a ganker anywhere near the prowes of Nidalee, or a jungler, Nidalee should have Tristana outfarmed easily.

I guess if you consider sitting in your lane all day farming creeps to be a viable high elo strategy maybe. I have seen some very good tristana's. I've also mained Nidalee and found Tristana similar to Teemo in the way that he is a single target carry debuffer. Tristana counters heal, Teemo counters carries with his blind.

Both are inferior in the all around skill department and team value that Nidalee brings as a carry.
No. You're wrong. Nidalee is a pub stomp queen. Her top tier viablity crumbles compaired to Trist, Ashe, Twitch, etc.. You're being quite biased as you say its your main. I've also mained Nidalee for a while getting some ridiculous scores with her. She isn't that good anymore. People know how to counter her easily and she really sucks at team fighting. As soon as she goes cougar in a team fight she will die to a good team. If she stays ranged then she won't be dealing nearly as much damage as Trist, Ashe, or Twitch. So it's deal less dps then other ranged carries or go cougar and die in a team fight. She's not as good as you think.

Elementz

The Council

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
I feel as if Corki is getting placed lowly by you and others due to lack of interest. He's had no nerfs or tweaks for a while yet he's dropped quite a bit. Considering the fact that no new ranged DPS champions have emerged, Kennen hardly counts, I think he needs to be placed higher.

He does massive AoE damage in teamfights. His spells are naturally strong without the need of any AP. That, plus being one of the best TForce users in the game along with a built AoE Black Cleaver makes him a top pick for a carry in my eyes. Having an escape mechanism and being able to harass well at long range as well as scouting for wards is just gravy on top of it all.

Thoughts?

I do agree with your list MUCH more strongly than Tymmed's though. Nice work.
You may be right about Corki. I really haven't seen a lot of them lately if at all and the ones I have seen are fairly bad. TBH he will probebly get moved up once a 5v5 tourney rolls around or draft mode comes out and people will see how really good players play him but for the time being I can't say I've seen any good ones so he will stay where he is until I see otherwise.

Elementz

The Council

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSsan View Post
love the fact that veigar isn't even on the list.
Me too. XD