Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverdevilboy

11-10-2010

The Valk buff and the r buff make his laning MUCH better.

That means he can farm up to his carry level much faster, which is where he will dominate.

Valk means he can't be ganked without hard CC and burst. I avoided dying to a twitch and MF gank 5 times straight, thanks to Valk.

Meanwhile, R buff makes him able to farm while on low hp, and harass VERY well in the process.

Hagelbreaker

11-10-2010

Sona moved to tier 1 just after they said they are going to nerf her.....

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
Corki's now the second best champion in the game according to Elementz.

What changes brought him from Tier 3 to the top of Tier 1? What changes brought him from being the least played champion in the game to the FotM?

An (extremely) insignificant Valkyrie change and a small missile buff. If you're unaware, it now scales 20% from AD. In an average game, end-game, a correctly built Corki will have ~300 AD, translating into 60 bonus damage (120 for "Big One"). After application of magic resist (Corki will likely have nothing beyond the 15%(?) penetration provided from the mastery), it comes out to be a lot less; definitely not even nearly game-changing. People saw that Corki received buffs; they bought him, they learned him, and they're good with him.

I'm not saying Corki doesn't deserve a Tier 1 spot. He's a ****ing great champion, even before his earlier buffs in the Miss Fortune patch. I've put hundreds of games into him and with the proper playstyle, and he's probably better than most, if not all, damage carries. What's ridiculous is that these small buffs are likely going to result in nerfs that outweigh the small buffs, or maybe even Ezrealization.

"700 damage Big One Rocket of zomg I can’t believe Corki’s R is so **** good now. Riot could of probably left the Corki buffs to just fixing Valk but oh noooo! They were like let’s give him more dps! BUFF HIS ROCKETS1!! So now Corki is hands down the best carry in the game currently. His early game isn’t whats OP about him. Its after you get 1-2 items that you realize the scaling on him is so incredibly strong that his mid and late game is just unrivaled in terms of ability to carry a team."

This quote has made me lose all of my remaining faith in Elementz. It really confirms that he has no idea what he's talking about, and rather than actually putting facts into something to support it, he spouts simple opinions or how his last game played out.
So you mean when I rocket spam vs the enemy team and hit X squishy champion with 2x big ones and take them to below half HP isn't strong?

Lol 700 is obviously a bit over exaggerated but you get the point I was trying to make that his missle poke / spam in a team fight is incredibly strong.

@ The guy saying even at 300 AD it doesn't do that much. Big ones hit like a truck with Manamune + Trinity which is about 200 damage.

From now on I shant have a sense of humor when posting things about my tier list. Good day Sir!

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merana View Post
Corki buffs in the last few patches:

Manamune released giving Corki a perfect item for his heavy mana use DPS.

Attack range now puts him more on part with other ranged carries
Really massive attack speed increase

Missiles now deal more damage and faster reload times. Much faster with blue buff, blue elixir, or CDR items. They now poke harder and more often.

Mana costs on both his primary skills reduced significantly.

Both the range and speed of his escape buffed. Imagine arcane shift or deceive with 100 more range!

So cumulatively corki has had his cooldowns, his mana costs, his damage, his attack range, his attack speed, his laning, his farming, and his item selection buffed.

This last thing that pushed him into top tier status was the valkyrie change, now his escape mechanism is top notch and he has no weaknesses.

Nothing changed about corki? In the last month he's pretty much received buffs to every aspect of every skill.

Talk about being ignorant

Actual Buffs:
=============================================
Valkyrie:
Valkyrie range increased to 800 from 700
Valkyrie base speed increased to 650 from 500

Missile Barrage:
Missile Barrage now scales off 20% of Corki's total attack damage in addition to ability power
The time to store a missile is now reduced by cooldown reduction effects
The time to store the next missile does not progress while you are at maximum missiles
Corki respawns with 4 missiles
Missile Barrage reload time reduced to 10 from 14

Gatling Gun mana cost reduced to 60/70/80/90/100 from 60/75/90/105/120
Phosphorous Bomb mana cost reduced to 80/90/100/110/120 from 90/100/110/120/130

Attack range increased to 550 from 500
Attack speed per evel increased to 2.3 from 1.86
====================
Don't worry. He already lost all faith in me so this post of 100% fact doesn't matter.

Elementz

The Council

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
The adoption cycle is such that there's a delay between when buffs happen and when the champion becomes FotM. Corki players, the innovators, play him and enjoy the buff; then Elementz, an early adopter, runs into enough good Corki players to influence his opinion of Corki; then Elementz determines his new placement on the tier list; then thousands of sheep become the early majority. And the magnitude of the tier list's following gives it a certain inertia, which has to be overcome by a big enough event to warrant a change. Hence Galio was finally bumped up after WCG, and Corki was finally bumped up after the latest round of buffs. This can also cause an overreaction, as with TF after WCG.

Basically, it's easier for Elementz to make big changes after many small buffs have accumulated than to try to account for each buff in every patch. Most updates to his list are either big moves (two tiers or more), or piddly little shifts up and down in a tier by a few spots. Medium-sized changes are harder to spot--that's why Rammus, for example, took an extra two weeks to reach t2 once his jungling prowess was buffed, to the degree that it actually came after a nerf. So one could plausibly argue 'Rammus was nerfed, and then Elementz bumped him up a tier; clearly Elementz is out of touch!' But it's actually just the inertia at work.
You mean I am not a god who knows where to place everyone instantly and makes drastic moves over small buffs and tweaks? YOU SAY HE'S JUST A MAN? RIDICULOUS I SAY!

ngatrent

11-10-2010

elementz will u have my babies plz

Elementz

The Council

11-10-2010

I will. You can bare my children.

Liquidone

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz View Post
You mean I am not a god who knows where to place everyone instantly and makes drastic moves over small buffs and tweaks? YOU SAY HE'S JUST A MAN? RIDICULOUS I SAY!
Something tells me that if Corki gets nerfed it's somehow going to be your fault.

ipleadthefif208

11-10-2010

elementz why is sion so low when he can do jungling, lane dps, tank, and mage( personal fave) extreamly well. not saying your wrong there is probably a good reason just curious

Pickles

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidone View Post
Something tells me that if Corki gets nerfed it's somehow going to be your fault.
It won't be his fault. Riot already planned a corki nerfed before this tier list already came out. At least that's what Phreak said.