Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

taconight

05-10-2010

okay ezrael as a caster he has 3 abilities, 2 are useful in team fights both with longer cooldown one being his ult on a longer cooldown.

2nd annie is a early to mid game high elo champ. late game she basically w's and runs, where as anivia can seperate a team in half stun, aoe slow etc.

she brings consistant nuke power not a one trick pony power and actually brings utility.

fiddle is the only caster i can see comparable to anivia

GuyGin

05-10-2010

I think it's interesting that all chars even semi tanky are teir 3 or 4. Oh yah other than shen and nasus.

This is why SR sucks.

Mjollnir

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
What makes Udyr so strong? I was under the impression that he was fairly weak in 5v5
Yes, please explain this. I love Udyr, he is one of my most played... but for the life of me I cannot find a way to be consistently successful with him on SR. He is a DPS? Phys carry? Tank? I find myself consistently at the mercy of teammates...

PrimalHatred

05-10-2010

I'm very happy to see Kat at tier 3, but I'd be curious to hear some of your thoughts on her. When are good times to and not to pick her, etc? I've been moving up through solo queue trashing people with her, would like to go further but not quite sure how she's going to fare the better my opponents get.

RoccoSacco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2010

Why is Taric so high on the list I would think after the nerf to his ult he would be mush less useful?

Bobby

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoid fever View Post
I consider Anivia a Tier 1 for her sniper range aoe stun that can go through walls and her walls that should be considered wards by most players but are not. Otherwise +1.
Yeah, her sniper range AoE stun that is also the slowest moving projectile in the game.

Anivia is too easy to shut down. She is good considering she is a support/burster.

But, having her as the main caster on the team won't cut it. Annie is just way better, at everything, farming, nuking, aoe.

Having her as a support doesn't mean much when you could have picked Morgana or Janna in her place.

Tier 3 isn't bad, but Anivia isn't Tier 1.

Tier 1 basically means she should be picked every game. And that just won't happen while these superior champions (annie, ez, fidd) exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalHatred View Post
I'm very happy to see Kat at tier 3, but I'd be curious to hear some of your thoughts on her. When are good times to and not to pick her, etc? I've been moving up through solo queue trashing people with her, would like to go further but not quite sure how she's going to fare the better my opponents get.
Well this thread is about draft. Katarina will be a direct counter to heal based teams, so that will be a good time to use her.

Right now, just play whoever you want. Kat is pretty good. But this Tier list isn't about right now.

PrimalHatred

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronky View Post
Well this thread is about draft. Katarina will be a direct counter to heal based teams, so that will be a good time to use her.

Right now, just play whoever you want. Kat is pretty good. But this Tier list isn't about right now.
Agreed and I'm not meaning to say that I'm going to change my solo Q Kat stomping based on the tier list. It's more that I'm interested in dabbling in season 1 and wondering what to expect besides just, "Your role is to throw KI knives at Soraka's face."

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by taconight View Post
okay ezrael as a caster he has 3 abilities, 2 are useful in team fights both with longer cooldown one being his ult on a longer cooldown.

2nd annie is a early to mid game high elo champ. late game she basically w's and runs, where as anivia can seperate a team in half stun, aoe slow etc.

she brings consistant nuke power not a one trick pony power and actually brings utility.

fiddle is the only caster i can see comparable to anivia
All I see here is your opinion vs mine on how viable casters are. I just disagree is all.

Danziger

05-10-2010

This is a very good list and probably very accurate for draft, and actually reflects a lot of the relative power levels imo at a mid-high elo of MM games in my opinion.

<3

I think there are only 2 heroes which really have big discrepancies between your list and a MM blind pick from my experience. WW is even more effective in pubs because he owns bad players and t3-5 champions so easily. Competent TFs absolutely dominate pub games. Bad players and anyone with t3-5 champions just get owned by him.

AIM7Sparrow

05-10-2010

I feel as if Corki is getting placed lowly by you and others due to lack of interest. He's had no nerfs or tweaks for a while yet he's dropped quite a bit. Considering the fact that no new ranged DPS champions have emerged, Kennen hardly counts, I think he needs to be placed higher.

He does massive AoE damage in teamfights. His spells are naturally strong without the need of any AP. That, plus being one of the best TForce users in the game along with a built AoE Black Cleaver makes him a top pick for a carry in my eyes. Having an escape mechanism and being able to harass well at long range as well as scouting for wards is just gravy on top of it all.

Thoughts?

I do agree with your list MUCH more strongly than Tymmed's though. Nice work.