Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

1 v 2 against aggressive players with strong ranged attacks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhizy

08-13-2011

i was singed and i was alone vs a kayle and teemo and the jungle didn't feel like ganking no matter how far they were pushed up and how much i asked i turret hugged and farmed when the wave came up but the sec the turret target the minions kayle shoots her ranged nuke that slows me and they dive and kill me everytime so the question is how can you sustain without ganks when you turret hug farm and just die became they have strong ranged attacks even as an ashe 1 v 2 i got zoned and killed the range they had stopped me from doing anything but dying and my team wasn't helping so what can be done

MeGoesRawr

08-13-2011

In times like these I would just tower hug and maybe get them to turret dive. Perhaps you can even secure a kill or two... I hate when this happens too; it really pisses me off

Hearthbreak

08-13-2011

There isn't much you can do, its a team game and you would need help from your team in that situation. If you are looking for ways to minimize the negatives of that situation there are a few things you can do. Buying GP/5 items, yes even on a ranged carry, when you are being denied farm will at least help you not completely suck late game. You can also take teleport to minimize tower damage and allow you to go back to the base to heal and buy potions. None of these remedies however will be as effective as a jungle gank or at least jungle presence being felt in your lane.

Hope that helps a bit.

TheMarkMark

08-13-2011

your goal as solo top in a 1v2 is get as much farm and levels as possible and don't let the tower take too much damage (of course don't die). If you get more farm then they do and more levels your jungler's CS and levels should give your team a nice advantage. The jungler should gank too.

Wuumaster

08-13-2011

In that situation you're just screwed. That's exactly what the enemy wants out of a 2v1 - deny the hell out of the solo laner while they free farm. The only real away to deal with this is to get your jungler to show his face once in a while - you might not get a kill, but the damage he does will help even out the health gap and allow you to farm and get a little xp.

Running Teleport helps a ton, as you can farm up and get some xp for a bit, take some damage, recall and teleport back and play passive until your level advantage kicks in, but it still relies on having the jungler show up to scare the enemy lane into passivity.

Grabbing a Philo Stone and a heart of Gold instead of the normal Catalyst would help a little too, as you'd still be getting gold despite being denied, but it doesn't compare to what you really want/need out of a solo lane.

TL;DR - Your jungler needed to get his *** up there pronto. Otherwise, you're playing right into the enemy's plans. Teleport & G/10 items can offset, but will not make up for getting denied in a solo lane.

AreYouReady2Die

08-13-2011

As a singed player in solo que I feel your pain.

One thing even though their physically attacking a lot of the damage is magic blow 400 g on the MR item early make a chalice if you want.

Buy a see invis ward and put it in the bush jungle will gank from. Not the basic ward. Point out that he's got a free gank path with no teemo shrooms.

I'm willing to bet he was a good jungler that knew better, if he went there to gank he would find 3-4 mushrooms and get eaten instead. Make sure he knows its clear!

If he still won't... Realize your on your own, and its his fault you lose

AreYouReady2Die

08-13-2011

Lol no clue why someone woud downvote the previous post, unless the person downvoting felt like a idiot for not realizing ganking into unscouted mushroom lane is suicide.. " Momma always said, stupid is as stupid does."

Wolf Un1t

08-13-2011

Quote:
AreYouReady2Die:
Lol no clue why someone woud downvote the previous post, unless the person downvoting felt like a idiot for not realizing ganking into unscouted mushroom lane is suicide.. " Momma always said, stupid is as stupid does."

People can't understand you very well.

shubomber

08-13-2011

if your team put you in that situation you probably had a bad team.

Hotdogs

08-14-2011

you need to let the tower die instead of feeding