I feel like Dominion is effecting too much in SR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChocolateFolda

08-13-2011

First off for this threads reasoning.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1092904

I just want to know one thing. Stealth was reworked and so were globals. Not only were they a problem, they would be a large problem in Dominion. So maybe they got changed quickly in preparation for it, maybe not.

Another thing I thought would be too strong on that map were Hyper-carry like champions such as Gangplank, Trynd, Kayle, Poppy, and maybe Xin? (Dunno about him)

Coincidentally all of these champions have been or will be nerfed/reworked. If this is why they are being changed, I agree with you and support you.

I just ask that later on, after everyones got the map figured out and we find which champions are weak or OP on Dominion, please don't let it effect Summoner's Rift. The only Battleground I play is Arathi Basin and I only play Domination on CoD Black OPs. I know I'll love Dominion, but please don't make balance issues on it effect the main map. Either have two different strengths of the champion on the different maps or just balance around Rift.

I just don't want Dominion to do what TT did to Mundo.

UCSC Pew Pew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-13-2011

Well put and relevant to upcoming changes. Please take note of this situation, Riot.

R66Y

08-13-2011

To some extent, balance changes will affect all maps differently. This has been true for SR and TT, as the different layouts and team sizes emphasize different champion traints, and I expect it to potentially be even more noticeable with CS due the significantly different gameplay. The unfortunate reality is that, with (soon(tm) to be) 3 maps and 80 champs, not every champ is going to be top tier (or even viable) for every map and mode of play.

On the plus side, I expect SR to be their main champion balance map, given that they are looking at balancing CS through items on launch rather than any significant champion tweaks.

Uubernoob

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by R66Y View Post
To some extent, balance changes will affect all maps differently. This has been true for SR and TT, as the different layouts and team sizes emphasize different champion traints, and I expect it to potentially be even more noticeable with CS due the significantly different gameplay. The unfortunate reality is that, with (soon(tm) to be) 3 maps and 80 champs, not every champ is going to be top tier (or even viable) for every map and mode of play.

On the plus side, I expect SR to be their main champion balance map, given that they are looking at balancing CS through items on launch rather than any significant champion tweaks.
I guess that depends on if you think the tryndamere and kayle changes were significant.

Ticazoid95

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

what did Twisted treeline do to mundo? is that why i barely see him played?

Slymerz

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateFolda View Post
First off .
i'm guessing you didn't see this

go to g4tv/xplay and watch the Travis George interview http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...-skin-giveaway

he states that Balance for Dominon is going to be based off Item changes and Removal for Dominon. NOT champ balance

then read this

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1090561

HoZKiNZ

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticazoid95 View Post
what did Twisted treeline do to mundo? is that why i barely see him played?
Yep
He's the god of 3v3
Tryndamere is also a god of 3v3