manamune

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeraph

08-13-2011

is it just me or is this item a bit high priced?

Or maybe the tooltip is wrong? I never seem to be able to get more than 20 AD off it or more than 400 mana off it. Just seems a waste for its expense.

Si11yPutty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

lol

3mptylord

08-13-2011

Manamune provides 20 AD and 350 Mana. To increase this, you need to use Manamune's passive. It generates 4 additional mana per ability used (excluding toggles), to a maximum of 1000. Including it's passive, this item provides 47 AD and 1350 Mana... but it takes at least 12.5 minutes to get this, and considerably more than this if you don't have spammable skills.

This item is a waste of money if you're not a high-mana champion. For example, I utilize it on Blitzcrank who I can easily get to 3000+ mana.

The reason to get a Manamune is because you NEED the Tear of the Goddess for mana/mana regen, and upgrade it to the Manamune for a bit of extra damage. If you're looking for a damage item, the Manamune isn't a good choice.

Zeraph

08-13-2011

Well I'm tryin to decide what to get on kog'maw since he needs a bit of extra mana.

edit think i should get an archangels staff instead?

3mptylord

08-13-2011

AP is very good on Kog'Maw, you could always get Archangel's Staff instead. A little extra AP isn't wasted on him, especially if all you really want is the mana.

Si11yPutty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
This item provides 47 AD and 1350 Mana
This is wrong. What champion are you getting a Manamune on that doesn't have base mana.

3mptylord

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si11yPutty View Post
This is wrong. What champion are you getting a Manamune on that doesn't have base mana.
I said the item provides that much... I wasn't taking into account ANYTHING else.

uDied

08-13-2011

Manamune my fav AD item.

and here ya go. =)

Firedrake999

08-13-2011

before i used manamune on Ezreal because he always spams his spells and is really easy to cap it out. but i feel that the Attack Damage gained is way too low for how hard you worked... now i don't ever use it because why not just get a bloodthirster? or any other real attack damage items... sure the mana is nice but your going to lose your hp faster then your mana after all...

trancepticom

08-14-2011

its good on someone like urgot who spams mercilessly, and often will buy a frozen heart or similar item with mana and another useful stat. But often this is just overkill in terms of useable mana, and the same effect can be found with Clarity, mana regen per level runes and some pure AD items. it really depends on your playstyle, but manamune can be great