Why play Summoner's Rift anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeedDynames

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2011

youll be begging for SR when you get 20 IP per game.

Madman Reborn

08-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udub View Post
I'd like to point out that math has pointed to ~10 points lost per game since the change in how IP worked (on SR on average).

You're probably well aware of this and Tryndamere said when you changed it that you'd monitor it and then fix it if it wasn't up to par. I can't believe you blatantly lied to everyone and then didn't care at all about us. You just wanted more money
Not to sound like a fan boy but just because your average games are below 30 minutes on SR doesn't mean it's the same for all games played on SR.

Kawako

08-14-2011

You could also ask why play lol when you can play dota or *** or soon rota. It's because it's fun still and we want to play it.

Personally I play lol because the UI in other mobas is total **** and in a fast paced pvp game I want to just look at my ui and know whats going on.

FeelMyGoods

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2011

The main part of LoL is the MOBA part which is summoners rift. Dominion may provide faster IP but a lot of people will play it for quick ip to buy a champ so that they can play summoners rift. The ultimate goal of achieving the IP would be to go to summoners rift as that's where teh main game lies.

jadelink

08-20-2011

Well, this could be a really good thing for Summoners rift. All the 12 year olds, ADD cases, ragers, those with no taste or time for a longer game, will all go there, along with the IP farmers.

I'll probably be there quite a bit too, but I think the slow game will hold even more charm for me with less of the aforementioned pests in it. The fast game of dominion will make such types easier to bear, for when we like to play it.

Seems win/win to me.

Sisaroth

08-20-2011

5 mil active players, they could make 50 diffenrent gamemodes and still have 2 minute queues for all modes.

zukulu

08-20-2011

i believe that there are still TONS of people who wanted to play using SR map

Xemeron

08-20-2011

4) Dominion is so freaking awesome, you dont wanna play another game any more^^

Gøggles

08-20-2011

I for one won't be touching SR for a looooooong time.

Nokturnalex

08-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
We have such a massive player base that you really don't need to worry about being all by your lonesome on Summoner's Rift. As for IP, that's obviously something we're taking into consideration
You guys should offer a Free IP Boost (First win of the day) for every Map to try to encourage players to play every map often instead of just one. (Though TT was kinda failed, all I really ask for is that you move the fountains farther away from the nexus so it doesn't take forever to end it)