Why play Summoner's Rift anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teganze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

Thanks for the reply, Zenon. (=

This is one thread I'm glad for the downvotes, because it shows that perhaps some of my concerns are unfounded.

I just can't help thinking about games like Diablo and other RPGs...if there's one thing I've learned, it's that players will often take the shortest path to acquire the most/best loot (endless boss runs) even if that's not necessarily the most fun thing they could be doing.

That's why I was worried that after some time, a large amount of players will play Dominion not so much because they like it much more than Summoner's Rift, but just to grind IP.

Madman Reborn

08-13-2011

Well, a lot of players allready have all the ip they need so they'll just play what floats their boat the most.

Archlord Mythos

08-13-2011

I'm sure people also contemplated this upon the release of Treeline. However, as we have seen, there will be a good player base for all game modes and maps, as well as the playerbase who will freely play all maps and modes daily.

xWARLINGx

08-13-2011

I'm probably going to play Dominion as much as I play twisted tree line, which is almost never.

albert2006xp

08-13-2011

i think im going to play a lot more dominion, im not one of those that put the dota style on a pedestal and say its liek the best thing eva.

I have one rule, new is always better.

Xin Kaishek

08-13-2011

I think Dominion will be great. I'll play it about 50% of the time.

Blintz

08-13-2011

If Dominion uses same IP Curve as Rift it be like what 20IP for a win ? My main worried is that IP will be slightly inflated for dominion so if you want to get IP efficiently you will be forced to grind Dominion.

RealTechniques

08-13-2011

IF you ever played dota, they have atleast 3 active game modes, and their community is much smaller than LoL's.

Topopop0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

I doubt Dominion will hold a majority of the interest in LoL. It will probably hold more than TT and less than SR.

Udub

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
We have such a massive player base that you really don't need to worry about being all by your lonesome on Summoner's Rift. As for IP, that's obviously something we're taking into consideration
I'd like to point out that math has pointed to ~10 points lost per game since the change in how IP worked (on SR on average).

You're probably well aware of this and Tryndamere said when you changed it that you'd monitor it and then fix it if it wasn't up to par. I can't believe you blatantly lied to everyone and then didn't care at all about us. You just wanted more money