[GUIDE] AD Ezreal: The Idle Sniper

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamie Fawley

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager1982 View Post
AD>AP in everyway...He does enough damage with his ap skills. The only people who play ap is the ones that can't skill shot and use ap as a clutch.

AP ez is alright can be used but AD does almost everything better besides healing (that just got nerfed).

So suck it up ap ez take a deep breath and learn how to use the skill shot. Go ad and own.
l
o
l

Chorus

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasian View Post
I read the thread title and it took me awhile to get it.
You played Ace Online/Air Rivals didn't you?
****! Found out. Played an I-gear.

...Back on Space Cowboy. Yes, I'm that old.

Chorus

05-14-2010

Bump.

derfranz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
Except Q also uses item Procs. It also procs and simultaneously uses them. Lichbane + AP = a higher damage Q than an ideal DPS build. Fact.
this

started as ad ez and switched to ap after i did the math yesterday.. the only drawback at ap ez is that you suck at pushing towers.. like every caster

mystic shot (5) does 140 + 110% AD

with lichbane it does 140 + 110% AD + 100% AP

ez gets 102 ad at lvl18 so it would be like 140 + 112,2 + 100% AP = 252,2 + 100% AP

i got no program for a nifty chart on my gaming machine, so i just calculate the intersection point of both lines (that is the point where AD does MORE dmg with mystic shot than AP with lichbane)

140 + 110% AD = 252.2 + 100% AP when is AD = AP?

and we come to the shocking answer:

you'd need 1122 AD before mystic shot would do MORE damage than the same amount of AP with lichbane

it's just math

QED

BlindEternities

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2010

Quote:
mystic shot (5) does 140 + 110% AD

with lichbane it does 140 + 110% AD + 100% AP

ez gets 102 ad at lvl18 so it would be like 140 + 112,2 + 100% AP = 252,2 + 100% AP

i got no program for a nifty chart on my gaming machine, so i just calculate the intersection point of both lines (that is the point where AD does MORE dmg with mystic shot than AP with lichbane)

140 + 110% AD = 252.2 + 100% AP when is AD = AP?

and we come to the shocking answer:

you'd need 1122 AD before mystic shot would do MORE damage than the same amount of AP with lichbane
um... did you not read trinity force?

so lets do the calculation again with trinity force shall we?

ad ez:
140 + 102 * 130% (trinity force) + 110% AD = 252.2 + 100% AP
272.6 + 110% AD = 252.2 + 100% AP

and the result?
you'd have to have negative AD to deal less damage than the same amount of AP

derfranz

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindEternities View Post
you'd have to have negative AD to deal less damage than the same amount of AP
i know what you want to say, but your statement is mathematically incorrect.

with trinity force you just do 20.4 + 10% AD more dmg than with the same amout of AP with mystic shot (with lichbane/trinity)

but what you have to consider is the possible range of values for AD and AP

just look at this builds:

AP: 14665g - 662.5 AP
http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/E...05b32191626f5b

AD: 18022g - 407 AD
http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/E...4d8343fb0f348e

1. AP is cheaper

2. Look at the champion abilities tab.. 672 vs 293 essence flux; 779.9 vs 302.5 arcane shift; 1113.75 vs 671 trueshot barrage; Mystic shot as we learned: 914,7 vs 720.3;
oh wait! EVERY skill does more damage with the AP build (this even holds true for maximized possible values)

There's a short period at the beginning of the game, where AD is indeed better than AP, when you have got no AP. If you finish lichbane as first/second item you have already enough AP that you are better off with AP (just tested empirical).

I just want to remind you, that I only share why I (bold!) have switched to AP. If you like AD more and think it's better, I'm absolutely fine with it. But these are the facts.

BlindEternities

07-12-2010

Quote:
1. AP is cheaper

2. Look at the champion abilities tab.. 672 vs 293 essence flux; 779.9 vs 302.5 arcane shift; 1113.75 vs 671 trueshot barrage; Mystic shot as we learned: 914,7 vs 720.3;
oh wait! EVERY skill does more damage with the AP build (this even holds true for maximized possible values)
i know i'm just saying you got your math wrong and AD mystic shot does do more damage than AP (not to mention mystic shot procs phage but not rylai's)

also you're giving AD ez the least cost efficient items and AP ez the most cost efficient items?
why would you give ez IE when his mystic shot doesn't crit?

and of course bloodthirsters never give you more than 60 damage because you never kill anything after getting them now do you.

wait... omg... you gave AP ez a mejai's but of course no SotO for AD ez... really?