[GUIDE] AD Ezreal: The Idle Sniper

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DayInTheSun

05-10-2010

Why are AP Ezreal players in every AD Ezreal thread going "AP>AD!"

Yes. We get it. But this is kind of a thread to talk about AD Ezreal, isn't it?

I think most AD Ezreal players would acknowledge how great AP Ezreal is, but for some reason they're hell bent on preaching the choir.

AD Ezreal is fun and really rewarding to play, in my opinion. That's why I always play it over AP most of the time. AD isn't horrifically useless as most people make him out to be.

vueprime

05-10-2010

Finally an AD guide that is not some hybrid AD/AP guide. +1

Sorak Obama

05-10-2010

For the record, He's the one who started trash talking towards AP players.
Anyways the only reason i prefer AP over AD is infact the feeling that I bring more to teamfights going AP rather than AD. When i play Ad it feels like im forsaking alot of Ezreals "flexibility" for lack of a better word by focusing only on his passive and Q rather tha having all my abilities damaging/powerful.

CTHDRL

05-10-2010

Why AP is far superior to AD Ezreal.

AP uses ALL of his abilities.

"But omg not his passive or Q lolol newb".

His passive allows him to be helpful when killing towers; not as helpful as DPS bit infinitely better then other casters.

Q hits for more damage with sheen then it does with a BF Sword/Unfarmed bloodthirster. Which also means I farm just about as well.

By the time an enemy Ezreal has a significant Q, I already have lichbane + mejas stacks; which means I STILL hit harder.

Rush SHEEN and you will be more viable through the entire game then AD Ezreal could ever hope for. People think AP isn't viable until late game because rushing tear/meki items is COMPLETELY ******ED; and that's what most of you are suggesting. No wonder you're having trouble early game....

Not to mention even if your team is getting stomped you can still easily stack mejas since all you have to do is W your teammates; you don't have to be anywhere near the enemies.

AD is only superior when tower killing. AD also get's smashed late and early game by AP. E+W+Q has an enormous range compared to Q+autoattack. The only time AD has a chance is mid game; and that's only for a couple levels at best. AD Ezreal would be lucky to survive long enough to get Q'd by AP.

If you are AP, and you are losing to a AD Ezreal, then you are doing something wrong. And if they are giving you that much trouble get Exhaust.

I don't think I've been this disappointed in this community since I saw a Teemo go Malady + zerkers + wit's end.

Ai shi teru

05-10-2010

There are some of us who dislike being supports.. This is why we play AD Ezreal

I play both though, depending on team composition

Chorus

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorak Obama View Post
For the record, He's the one who started trash talking towards AP players.
Anyways the only reason i prefer AP over AD is infact the feeling that I bring more to teamfights going AP rather than AD. When i play Ad it feels like im forsaking alot of Ezreals "flexibility" for lack of a better word by focusing only on his passive and Q rather tha having all my abilities damaging/powerful.
No, I wasn't; you apparently cannot read. People were bashing on AD the moment the thread came up.

You also seem to think HEY IF YOU GO AD YOU *CANNOT* USE W/E/R AND BECOME USELESS.

People need to get it through their heads that all these abilities still do damage, still work, and AD is more than viable. Stop preaching about how your build > his build, because quite frankly if you honestly think 1vs1 you'll smash AD Ezreal at equal standing points you're a lunatic. Yes, you can heal and deal a lot of damage from farther away, but up close and personal you are going to get smashed in because that's the focus of an AD build. That's not bashing on AP, that's just how it is.

GET THIS, AUTO ATTACKS EXIST IN THE GAME.

GET THIS, SKILLS STILL DAMAGE WITHOUT AP.

GET THIS, YOU CAN BUILD EZREAL MULTIPLE WAYS TO FIT DIFFERENT ROLES.

GET THIS, IF YOU LIKE AP THAN KEEP PLAYING AP, I DON'T LIKE HEALING OR MAGIC AND EZREAL IS *STILL* HITTING HARDER THAN ANY OTHER CARRY IN THE GAME.

Thank you. BTW Enjoy your heal nerf. I'll continue buffing my team mates for 40% Attack speed and raging down entire lanes of towers solo with my personal 75% attack speed buff.

Stop the rage already. AP Ezreal isn't a 1vs1 build especially when AD is stacking armor pen, attack damage, and movement speed.

Honestly, it's pathetic there's so much debate on this. I don't see any AD players pushing down the fact AP can heal and has a massive damage ult. I don't understand why AP elitists continue to flood these threads with their ignorance. This thread was obviously made for AD in mind.

HE CAN BE PLAYED BOTH WAYS, CHECK THE CHAMPION TIPS SECTION ON EZREAL. WATCH PHREAK'S CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT ON EZREAL.

Think about this AP players, all of Tristana's abilities excluding her Q (WOW) scale with AP, BUT DOES THAT MAKE AP TRISTANA BETTER? NO, IT'S MASSIVELY CONSIDERED A GIMMICK BUILD. JUST BECAUSE YOUR CHARACTER HAS GOOD AP SCALING DOESN'T MEAN IGNORING YOUR PASSIVE AND Q MAKES YOU GOOD.

In fact, sit there and compare Ezreal and Tristana. Ezreal's passive and Q, Tristana's passive and Q, and so forth. Very, very similar characters.

Jamie Fawley

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorus View Post
No, I wasn't; you apparently cannot read. People were bashing on AD the moment the thread came up.

You also seem to think HEY IF YOU GO AD YOU *CANNOT* USE W/E/R AND BECOME USELESS.

People need to get it through their heads that all these abilities still do damage, still work, and AD is more than viable. Stop preaching about how your build > his build, because quite frankly if you honestly think 1vs1 you'll smash AD Ezreal at equal standing points you're a lunatic. Yes, you can heal and deal a lot of damage from farther away, but up close and personal you are going to get smashed in because that's the focus of an AD build. That's not bashing on AP, that's just how it is.

GET THIS, AUTO ATTACKS EXIST IN THE GAME.

GET THIS, SKILLS STILL DAMAGE WITHOUT AP.

GET THIS, YOU CAN BUILD EZREAL MULTIPLE WAYS TO FIT DIFFERENT ROLES.

GET THIS, IF YOU LIKE AP THAN KEEP PLAYING AP, I DON'T LIKE HEALING OR MAGIC AND EZREAL IS *STILL* HITTING HARDER THAN ANY OTHER CARRY IN THE GAME.

Thank you. BTW Enjoy your heal nerf. I'll continue buffing my team mates for 40% Attack speed and raging down entire lanes of towers solo with my personal 75% attack speed buff.

Stop the rage already. AP Ezreal isn't a 1vs1 build especially when AD is stacking armor pen, attack damage, and movement speed.

Honestly, it's pathetic there's so much debate on this. I don't see any AD players pushing down the fact AP can heal and has a massive damage ult. I don't understand why AP elitists continue to flood these threads with their ignorance. This thread was obviously made for AD in mind.

HE CAN BE PLAYED BOTH WAYS, CHECK THE CHAMPION TIPS SECTION ON EZREAL. WATCH PHREAK'S CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT ON EZREAL.

Think about this AP players, all of Tristana's abilities excluding her Q (WOW) scale with AP, BUT DOES THAT MAKE AP TRISTANA BETTER? NO, IT'S MASSIVELY CONSIDERED A GIMMICK BUILD. JUST BECAUSE YOUR CHARACTER HAS GOOD AP SCALING DOESN'T MEAN IGNORING YOUR PASSIVE AND Q MAKES YOU GOOD.

In fact, sit there and compare Ezreal and Tristana. Ezreal's passive and Q, Tristana's passive and Q, and so forth. Very, very similar characters.
no offense but if u hate magic then ezreal is exactly that, magic. And secondly trist has an attack speed skill and a further range skill and can "port" over or away from things quickly and further at once then ezreal. Tristana beats ezreal in nearly every aspect for AD builds.

StevoPhilo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2010

While I know this isn't a debate topic I'll give reasons to why I go AP over AD. Although you really can play any character anyway you want. It just comes down to what you like and which is better and who takes you seriously.

When Ezreal first came out alot of people went AD mainly cause of the spotlight . I was always AP cause I like my casters. Now of course everyone followed the spotlight and how the riot team built em cause it was KNOWN. When alot more saw AP it's now the more popular build.

AP provides better support and burst whereas AD provides well..... sustained damage.

Which is better? Burst. This may be arguable, but burst is better in the sense that it's not expected whereas sustained is watching your health slowly drain which just makes you back out. Nothing quite like TBing someone in the face and getting killed.

AP applies to MOST of his moveset. While q and passive dont work with it I see them more as a farming utility. Q to last hit and it increases aspd. It's for farming and early harassment.

W heals and deals some damage. It's great.

E does alot of damage and closes the gap or can be great for escaping!

R well just pwns for sniping and for teamfights.

AD seems alot less safer in the sense that you're auto attacking. Q has great range though if you can land it!!!! Only reason I would ever go AD is if I suck at aiming his skillshots. No offense, but I find that I can get his AP shots off easily. Not to mention q IS dodgable and can be hard to land with creeps around.

This guide isn't bad though. Let's not say AD sucks, but it just is a different way of playing. I find that if you're going AD you should just play a different char.

Swankeh

05-10-2010

This is sort of like melee Kassadin; if you're not mid, you're ****. And that's pretty bad when your character isn't the mid character.

Play AD if you want, but I sure as hell don't want this kind of Ezreal on my team.

sser

05-11-2010

I would prioritize Sheen and then Trinity Force first. Then get the armor pen and/or high damage items. Your runes should take care of the armor pen for the first half of the game. You should also detail the style of play AD-Ezreal requires because it is completely different from how one should play using AP-Ezreal.

As to this "debate". I do not know why people think AD Ezreal is bad considering its wonderful synergy with his passive and Q-ability. 100% of your AD + 140 damage + on-hit effects on a three-second CD is no joke. I find AD-Ezreal burns right through people so well late game that it boggles my mind anyone can think it's a bad way to build him.