[GUIDE] AD Ezreal: The Idle Sniper

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chorus

05-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
Dorans blade is generally a bad starting item. If you are against a good laner( ex Karthus), you will not to lifesteal much.
I suggest boots + 3 pots or Fort + 3 hp pot + 1 mana pot
The problem being you'll lack both HP and damage if you go with just boots and the speed really doesn't help that much early on, because if you are in range to hit the enemy can hit back. You seem to also forgot the life-steal also works with Mystic Shot. All in all, I find Doran's Blade to be a great starting because it adds damage, hp, and Life-steal which are all very important and Doran's Blade just seems to work well for Ezreal.

I haven't tried Fort Potion, but I assume that I'll be in mid a lot longer than 3 minutes before I need to B to buy boots. I'd say, "Give it a shot" before canceling it out. It isn't the best on Ezreal, no; but it works well for me.

On the subject of Karthus, I usually just kill him. Ezreal makes him really squishy.

Jamie Fawley

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorus View Post
The problem being you'll lack both HP and damage if you go with just boots and the speed really doesn't help that much early on, because if you are in range to hit the enemy can hit back. You seem to also forgot the life-steal also works with Mystic Shot. All in all, I find Doran's Blade to be a great starting because it adds damage, hp, and Life-steal which are all very important and Doran's Blade just seems to work well for Ezreal.

I haven't tried Fort Potion, but I assume that I'll be in mid a lot longer than 3 minutes before I need to B to buy boots. I'd say, "Give it a shot" before canceling it out. It isn't the best on Ezreal, no; but it works well for me.

On the subject of Karthus, I usually just kill him. Ezreal makes him really squishy.
you know 4% liefsteal is **** right? lets just say ur doing 75 per hit or mystic shot...thats 3 life stolen per MS or auto attack, thats nothing. If you want damage go longsword if u want lifesteal get the scepter, no point half assing everything with an item that wont upgrade.

PS. AP > AD ez

early on some AD ez's will beat me as AP ez but after lvl 7+ my burst damage will destroy em before they can get their passive stacks up. And sorry but...Healing 200 or healing 600 health is a huge difference, not to mention AP ez's usually have the mana to be able to do that without crippling themselves. All AD ez is good at is being able to jungle and take buffs other team mates could use. Ezreal is an assasin/support character, not a 1v1 carry.

OmniOblivion

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Paradox View Post
I stopped reading right here. League of Legends is a team game, not a 1v1 arena. This is why AP Ezreal is so much better.
Both AD and AP are great on Ezreal. I play AD Ezreal just because it complements more of his abilities (specifically his passive and Mystic Shot).

AD is early game.

AP is late game.

Chorus

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie the awsome View Post
you know 4% liefsteal is **** right? lets just say ur doing 75 per hit or mystic shot...thats 3 life stolen per MS or auto attack, thats nothing. If you want damage go longsword if u want lifesteal get the scepter, no point half assing everything with an item that wont upgrade.

PS. AP > AD ez

early on some AD ez's will beat me as AP ez but after lvl 7+ my burst damage will destroy em before they can get their passive stacks up. And sorry but...Healing 200 or healing 600 health is a huge difference, not to mention AP ez's usually have the mana to be able to do that without crippling themselves. All AD ez is good at is being able to jungle and take buffs other team mates could use. Ezreal is an assasin/support character, not a 1v1 carry.
It's obvious you have no idea that you'll be hitting over 200 damage with Mystic shot by level 7 because you still seem to think AP is better than AD, even though they are different cahracters. No, your burst damage will not destroy them. Your Mystic Shot does nothing, your Essence Flux is pathetically easy to dodge, and your Arcane shift will probably be underleveled and be hitting minions.

Besides, remind me again what the cooldown on Mystic Shot is compared to all of Ezreal's other abilities? How easy is it to Arcane Shift out of the way and dodge your ZOMGULTIMATE, which is the source of 90% of your damage? How much are you auto attacking for?

No. AP Ezreal will NOT beat AD Ezreal in a straight one on one fight unless he's super fed, and even then he can have problems.

Also, do you have any idea how much AP is needed to heal 600 per shot? You'll rarely reach that in a match, let alone just off the assists you get popping your ult and healing.

OmniOblivion

05-10-2010

This is how I like Ezreal:

Armor Pen on Red runes.
HP per lvl (or Flat, but i think AD Ezreal needs the extra boost for late game) on yellow.
Mana Regen per lvl on Blue.
HP per lvl on Purple.

21/0/9 mastery build.

Cleanse/Exhaust for a defensive/counterattack method. Cleanse removes those nasty debuffs (Ashe's ult and Ignite are my biggest concerns) while Exhaust sets up for Arcane Shift/Mystic Shot easier.

I get:

-Chalice (I spam Mystic Shot to manipulate his passive: 85% Atk Spd with full stacks = early game carry)
-Boots (any would work, Swiftness guarantees greater/equal movement against your opponents)
-Brutalizer (Ghostblade) if you are doing well; Occult if you are doing REALLY well.
-Trinity Force (setup for Shift/MS)
-Bloodthirster?
-Guardian Angel?
Usually GG by the time I hit my 4th item...

Try to recall after you hit lvl 6 (trueshot will keep map control very well.

I go mid lane for AD Ezreal just because he owns mid.

Neutral buffs are a MUST for Ezreal. get them if you can find the time.

Again, spam your abilities. Arcane Shift; ok, make sure you save that for your opponents, but Mystic Shot should not be hesitated to spam.

Chase! Make them regret to stay on your lane with less than half HP (Trinity Force slow/movement and lizard buffs almost guarantees you a kill when playing with Ezreal correctly).

I never get Essense Flux for AD. I save that for last.

Chorus

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObLiViOn2011 View Post
This is how I like Ezreal:

Armor Pen on Red runes.
HP per lvl (or Flat, but i think AD Ezreal needs the extra boost for late game) on yellow.
Mana Regen per lvl on Blue.
HP per lvl on Purple.

21/0/9 mastery build.

Cleanse/Exhaust for a defensive/counterattack method. Cleanse removes those nasty debuffs (Ashe's ult and Ignite are my biggest concerns) while Exhaust sets up for Arcane Shift/Mystic Shot easier.

I get:

-Chalice (I spam Mystic Shot to manipulate his passive: 85% Atk Spd with full stacks = early game carry)
-Boots (any would work, Swiftness guarantees greater/equal movement against your opponents)
-Brutalizer (Ghostblade) if you are doing well; Occult if you are doing REALLY well.
-Trinity Force (setup for Shift/MS)
-Bloodthirster?
-Guardian Angel?
Usually GG by the time I hit my 4th item...

Try to recall after you hit lvl 6 (trueshot will keep map control very well.

I go mid lane for AD Ezreal just because he owns mid.

Neutral buffs are a MUST for Ezreal. get them if you can find the time.

Again, spam your abilities. Arcane Shift; ok, make sure you save that for your opponents, but Mystic Shot should not be hesitated to spam.

Chase! Make them regret to stay on your lane with less than half HP (Trinity Force slow/movement and lizard buffs almost guarantees you a kill when playing with Ezreal correctly).

I never get Essense Flux for AD. I save that for last.
The only issue I see with this build is that your early game damage is mediocre (both by runes and the first 890G being dedicated to a mana regen item that's useless by level 13). That and Ghostblade's doesn't work for ranged attacks and you lose another 1350 gold which is almost a BF Sword.

I would say just use MP/5 runes as they make getting any mana regen items unnecessary.

OmniOblivion

05-10-2010

Quote:
The only issue I see with this build is that your early game damage is mediocre (both by runes and the first 890G being dedicated to a mana regen item that's useless by level 13). That and Ghostblade's doesn't work for ranged attacks and you lose another 1350 gold which is almost a BF Sword.

I would say just use MP/5 runes as they make getting any mana regen items unnecessary.
I still think the MR and Mana Regen helps in the long run. I can't play without it.

And since I have Brutilizer, why not upgrade to Ghostblade? it gives me more AD, a crit chance, and more Armor Pen. Plus, the active works even w/o melee stuff and benefits his passive even more (although I do agree that melee champs benefit more off of this).

I still somewhat rely on autoattacks if I get out of position, but in general I still think my early game is solid. i haven't failed HUGE with this build yet.

I think there are better runes than Mana Regen/5 out there. i don't think relying on my rune book on mana regen is the best idea...

Sorak Obama

05-10-2010

Quote:
It's obvious you have no idea that you'll be hitting over 200 damage with Mystic shot by level 7 because you still seem to think AP is better than AD, even though they are different cahracters. No, your burst damage will not destroy them. Your Mystic Shot does nothing, your Essence Flux is pathetically easy to dodge, and your Arcane shift will probably be underleveled and be hitting minions.

Besides, remind me again what the cooldown on Mystic Shot is compared to all of Ezreal's other abilities? How easy is it to Arcane Shift out of the way and dodge your ZOMGULTIMATE, which is the source of 90% of your damage? How much are you auto attacking for?

No. AP Ezreal will NOT beat AD Ezreal in a straight one on one fight unless he's super fed, and even then he can have problems.

Also, do you have any idea how much AP is needed to heal 600 per shot? You'll rarely reach that in a match, let alone just off the assists you get popping your ult and healing.
Umm.. sorry. I do do 200+ damage with MS at level seven. and i still am building AP. You just need to know how to get the best usage outts Ez's abilities. Sheen as first item while dumping the majority of skill points into q for you early game keeps your damage good while not being a huge drain on your mana pool.

You level up w when you start actually getting Ap (or Mr pen in my case. I find it so much more useful than building straight AP). Also Lichbane pretty much means you are using all 5 of ezreals abilities to the fullest which is why i dont understand why people say Ap ignores Q .

Lastly as an AP Ezreal I can take AD Eareals 1v1 it just depends on who was more prepared for the fight. Ult plus W Plus Q means a pretty dead AD ezreal if you catch my drift (somewhere around 1000 damage + 500ish damage + 500ish damage late game in under 3 seconds)

EDIT: i just saw your post about Acraning away from the ult. Most good Ap ezreals know how to bait people into not seeing the ult coming. I prefer to Arcane into a bush turn around and shoot the ult. Gets them 95% of the time.

Shadowcause

05-10-2010

I'm not a harcore exreal player but AD doesn't benefit you a lot. AD in all fairness is for people who don't know how to keep themselves alive.

Jamie Fawley

05-10-2010

Quote:

you can't just deny my arguement by saying "oh you suck at skill shots and you wont even hit me" that just proves ur drawing at last straws for excuses, secondly ez's ult isn't for 1v1's point blank. You do it when sum1 is low running away or at a team fight or in a ****ing bush so they dont see it coming. And yes lately i will get 500-600 heals bcuz my build and runes are all built for AP, nothing else. It rapes face and it also heals my allies alot.