How am i supposed to solo a lane vs two aggressive champs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

haippa

08-13-2011

I always have this issue. How am i supposed to effectively farm as someone like irelia, vs a composition like tryndamere and tristana? Or Ashe and I always get put in a dumb lane and sometimes never get enough cs to end up being useful. What should I do? They enemy team never even goes for cs, they sit there and wait for me to try to get a last him and go BALLS TO THE WALLS CRAZY to do whatever they can to kill me.

Dwarfling

08-13-2011

You ask your jungler to stick at top and help you or else you'll all lose.

Zyren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

If you are 1v2 (should be pretty rare, with how popular jungling is nowadays, but still), then you do not need to stress getting last hits (obviously get them when you can without much risk). Instead, only make sure that you are staying within exp range when the enemy creeps die. If the enemy team gets any last hits at all, they will eventually push the lane, to where you can stay within the safety of your turret and get last-hits/exp. If they don't last-hit, in order to avoid pushing their lane, then you just focus on soaking the exp.

the reason for this is that you will eventually outlevel them, and if they deny themselves gold in order to stop you from getting gold, then you win. 1 underfarmed (yet higher level) champion is much better than 2 underfarmed (and lower level) champions.

Not only will they push the lane by last-hitting, which makes your own last-hitting and exp gain easier to manage, but it will open them up to ganks from your jungler, which he should be doing whenever they overextend and you are able to help him (basically, as long as you're not too low on Health/Mana).

Cheekimonk

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by haippa View Post
I always have this issue. How am i supposed to effectively farm as someone like irelia, vs a composition like tryndamere and tristana? Or Ashe and I always get put in a dumb lane and sometimes never get enough cs to end up being useful. What should I do? They enemy team never even goes for cs, they sit there and wait for me to try to get a last him and go BALLS TO THE WALLS CRAZY to do whatever they can to kill me.
1) Hug turret
2) Last hit
3) ????
4) Profit

First, you have to hug turret. Now I've seen some people get called out for this, but never when they were 1v2. You may not like it, you can even ask for a swap, but never under any circumstances get far beyond the firing radius of your turret. You're right that they don't focus at all on farm. I don't even think you can label this aggressive as it's standard play and good strat for a 2v1 lane. They can farm when they want, but they are looking to kill you first. Remember that there isn't a champ in this game that is built to duel 1v2 in the laning stages and live.

Second, use their aggressiveness against them. On the flip side, if you can force at least one to 'b' or die (by you or a gank) then that is the time to press the attack on the other. Take advantage of Irelia's passive by keeping your HP above 1/2. The best tactic here is consciously switching from the mindset you might be used to w/ Irelia of dash->E-> escape (perhaps toggling Hiten first) to the hidden secret of E. Remember that one hit from your E on a champ with higher health than you is an instant 2s stun. Bait them into attacking you next to your turret...well within its firing range. Normally a champ isn't going for that, but they may think that w/ 2 they can burn you down and get away fast. Fine, expose yourself a little...like you've made a mistake. I've found that farming enemy creeps while standing right next to an opposing champ is guaranteed aggro on you because it's like a challenge to their manhood. With Irelia this is particularly effective because once you make at least one of them attack your HP will likely drop below theirs very quickly. Now they have turret aggro and you unleash a quick E. Stunned 2s with aggro from a turret is not something most champs can withstand. But pay attention to which enemy actually has turret aggro! The turret will not swap targets, so make sure you verify which enemy is drawing the turret's fire and stun that one, then make a hasty escape from the other champ. Do not let them get all the way from the external radius of your turret's threat zone to right next to your turret without attacking you and, thus, drawing turret fire. If they are intent on coming, make them attack as soon as possible by striking first. If you let them get all the way next to your turret before they attack, you're dead. Period. They might die or they might escape, but you're a walking ghost.

Probably most effective, though, is the gank. It is almost assured that 2v1 will overextend. Maybe not immediately, but they will. Call the gank and then make sure you help your ganker! Caught between the two of you, something about a gank makes people automatically look for an escape route...even though the numbers are even.

Finally, you MUST be able to consistently and reliably last hit. The farm will come to you. With 2 champs farming your creeps, very few of the enemy creeps will die before reaching your turret. Farm quickly and effectively. In fact, many players I've teamed w/ don't mind 1v2 at all because they know all of the lane's farm belongs to them.

A bonus Irelia-specific tip: I mained Irelia for quite a while so I learned a lot from playing her. One thing I noticed is that your dash attack scares the **** out of enemies...even more than Xin's (something about the animation and the noise she makes, I think). Whenever it is off cooldown, Q. Sometimes hit a champ before backing away quickly (remember that we're staying close to turret firing range) but sometimes use it on creeps near the enemies. Their natural reaction will be to at least pause if not back away. They can't help it. Use that to get some breathing room.

Hope all that helps. Wall of text I know, but I love playing Irelia and I think she's particularly equipped to pull off the 1v2.

Ebonclaw

08-13-2011

Well, simple answer, is that you shouldn't.

The more complicated answer, is that if you have someone queued in as a jungle, then you see that they do not have one, it's still almost always better to have that jungle killing jungle mobs, and acting as a roaming ganker, as much as possible.

Bear in mind, if you hang at the tower and get denied a bit, and it ends up that you and your jungle both only keep pace with a typical solo lane, then guess what..... you're still a little bit ahead. Especially when, say, you, your jungle, and your 2 top opponents are all 4, and your jungle pops out of the bush with red buff, and drops on their head like a ton of bricks.

My biggest problem, I have a mental block where I absolutely -refuse- to get denied. You have to push down that compulsion to get within exp range if they're that aggressive. If they totally zone you out and the lane isn't moving at all, hide and then ask your jungle if you can help them clear that side of the jungle faster with them, and then you can both burst out of the bush when the lane finally starts pushing towards your tower.

Flawliss

08-13-2011

Tbh if you have to ask this question, it isnt for you, I honestly prefer to solo top out of all the other lane setups, I do it with a varity of champs, akali, morde, singed, irelia, ashe, fiddle, alistar....etc etc

C00LST0RYBR0

08-13-2011

You can't hold a 2vs1 forver unless your opponents are morons. They will either deny you or puhs the turret. The jungle needs to assist you as soon as possible. Some champions can hold the lane for a while but eventually you'll need help. Others (melee) will have a really hard time if facing competent opponents.

Dicath

02-05-2012

I had this problem last game, I was playing Nidalee versus Shyvana and Malzahar. They zoned me the entire laning phase while they pretty much ignored the creeps so the minon wave wouldn't be pushed. While they were level 3 I was still level 1 because if I went up to last hit/harass I would get shut down bad. Is there any way to prevent this?

Powerstoned

02-05-2012

Honestly if you're top vs 2 aggressive champs, just staying alive and keeping your turret from dying, should be your main goal. Hopefully you get some help from jungle, but if not, feel good for keeping 2 champs from kills, which is a huge help to your team. Hope your mid, bot and jungler do well.

Sarise

02-05-2012

Some non-typical champions can 1v2 at top quite easily. Morgana, Cassi (rush spellvamp). Probably several others too. I miss the days when I was allowed to send Morg solo top vs 2. Even end up pushing them back to their tower sometimes.

But, if you're playing Irelia you should have no problem at all last hitting under your tower for one. And other than that they will be constantly overextended, ripe for a jungle gank.