Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lot of talk about more detail etc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakagami0

08-13-2011

Especially in the artwork/sound video, there seems to be more detail in the new Dominion map. Would that change the minimum graphic requirements?

Purutzil

08-13-2011

If its optimized well, it shouldn't effect those things. Good design should have the ability to limit effects to reduce the stress on a system. Chances are people with lower end computers can play with particle effects turned down, which tends to be some of the biggest computer eating areas that sucks up performance.

Sakagami0

08-13-2011

I have a crappy integrated card on my laptop that can run low settings pretty well, but I doubt it can take much more

Purutzil

08-13-2011

Most likely it will be fine. A lot of what your thinking is graphics heavy isn't actually going to effect the system much. A lot of that artwork areas are static, meaning they constantly play the same effects. As such, they don't need to dynamically adjust shows and lighting and other aspects on that background and it takes less resources then you expect.

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-13-2011

We've done a lot of optimization to make sure that the min-spec performance doesn't move on the map. In fact, due to general optimizations you should actually see your load times and performance on Summoner's Rift improve when Dominion gets launched.