Dominion Framerate

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Uprising

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluecks View Post
If the tech is improved, does it mean we can finally get back 180 degree camera flip for purple team on Summoner's Rift which was taken away 2 years ago in closed beta?
The reasoning that it was solely done to improve fps via reducing the polygon count on the backside of surfaces is somewhat insufficient to me as my fps consistently went down over those 2 years.
THIS, previously I would be getting a solid 60 at all times in LoL at highest settings, but after they added their new ground effects, it falls to 30 in teamfights... and it doesn't even look that much better, please optimize your system, I play SC2 at higher framerates, and don't mind me saying, that SC2 has a LOT more going on, on its screen, than LoL does.

Swordwraith

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepKing View Post
i can go to 250 fps into summoner rift, this is irrelevant to my interest
Too bad your eyes can't physiologically perceive 250 fps properly, rendering your e-peen waving here null and void.

hohums

Software Engineer

08-13-2011
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumb E View Post
Will there be an option to disable animated terrain? For some folks, "comparable to summoners rift", while nice, will come second to "my computer is so crummy, I will take every possible measure to unburden it".

Some others may want to disable animations just to remove the visual distraction.
When we profiled the performance different of this it turned out to be like 1.0% of the overall framerate on the slowest machines... so this would not gain you much. We have spent some time optimizing dominion's framerate.

Yaezakura

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
When we profiled the performance different of this it turned out to be like 1.0% of the overall framerate on the slowest machines... so this would not gain you much. We have spent some time optimizing dominion's framerate.
Thanks for sticking up for the little guys. Not all of us can afford massively powerful gaming computers, no matter how much we want them. ^_^

blackfenix

08-13-2011

After project shiny deployed the frame rate of the all maps will increase ? Or will stay the same like now ?

RAWRitsjaay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

I'm like happy as heck to just get 30 FPS LOL
Hopefully these tech improvements will really show when we get to it.

Layney123

08-13-2011

Yay this is good news thank you rioters! i spend to much time playing LoL xD and i don't want to not be able to play it anymore due to bad performance i mean i already dominate people at 20 FPS so suck it 60FPSers :P

aaFen

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
That doesn't answer his question.