In the first minute, how many groups will each team split into?

1 28 4.93%
2 216 38.03%
3+ 190 33.45%
you're an idiot and I'm a troll 134 23.59%
Voters: 568. You may not vote on this poll

strategy for the first minute of each match

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blazingswordsman

08-13-2011

I'm thinking send 3 top, to capture first point quickly and then push to windmill.
Send 2 Bot, who capture the other near point.
Then 1 from Bot moves to secure the central buff.

DevilNL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

just rush trough the middle and get them in the back then stay around to kill them when they spawn

Kino Reldon

08-13-2011

I think a pretty good strategy would be to have 2 defender champions, two disruptor champions, and then a single brawler champion.
The two defenders go to the two closest capture points while the disrupters go out to the two far points in order to stop the enemy from capturing those points.
The single brawler champion will go to the top uncontested node and end up having to fight off the people there.

Defender's goals are to defend the nodes they capture and continue to capture other nodes.
Disruptor's goals are to hinder the enemy's ability to efficiently capture nodes.
Brawler's goals are to essentially be the big bully of the game, going around and causing as much pain to the enemy while the defenders do their job.

Ideal group split is to have a defender travel with a disruptor while the brawler roams around the entire map.

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

1 to each of the CPs close to your nexus
2 top
1 to steal one of theirs right after they get it.

krflol

08-13-2011

3-2 splits are always the most effective baseline. the team of 2 can break off into 2 roamers while the 3man shock team does most of the legwork. and, if the 3man team meets some misfortune, there is still 2 people to do the legwork, and to regroup with the surviving members of the shock team to form up another 3 man team.

Lord English

08-13-2011

1 bot
4 capture the top point closest to nexus
3 from that group go off to the Windmill
the one at bot defends as well as one from the original group

TurnOfTheCards

08-13-2011

Like this maybe? With all branches being possible routes Green meaning stop to capture and orange defending

Lone Blade

08-13-2011

possibly also do a fast speed play, I would take a guess that minions spawn as soon as a point is captured, which would mean that one to bot and then pushing on, one to the top, two to windmill, and one to secure and ward the other paths as much as possible... wards are going to be so important.

Goldef

08-13-2011

Since both sides are guarented 2 points at the start, Windwill will be the most valuable. In a tough match, whoever gets that 3rd point and can defend them long enough will win. I think the start will be 1 bot, and 4 windmill, with one person capping the other point along the way. This gives the best chance to get windmill, then if you can defend what you got you'll win. The one that went bot will defend the close 2 points by simply trying to harass anyone that tries to cap and calls out incomings, and will have to be a good defensive champ. After this I think it will split into 1-2-2, with the one defending which ever two closet adjacent points and the 2 groups of 2 going around and capping/coming to help defend the one.

Maurodin

08-13-2011

I've been giving this new game mode a lot of thought, and I wont be able to formulate a working strategy until after I see exactly how the minion spawn system works. But I was curious to if the assumption is that top point is the most often lost and gained point. The game should probably start with 3 of your players heading to it, While your 2 remaining team members rush to your opponents point that is farthest from the top point. And then utilizing these points to have minions spawn to help you control the point between them. And then sure ease of claiming the points next to your spawn once you've lock your opponent in their spawn. Now I'm not actually expecting an answer, but I would love if a riot member could point out any flaws in this if someone has already tried something similar

12345678 ... 9