In the first minute, how many groups will each team split into?

1 28 4.93%
2 216 38.03%
3+ 190 33.45%
you're an idiot and I'm a troll 134 23.59%
Voters: 568. You may not vote on this poll

strategy for the first minute of each match

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RobertFreeman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

You might do something like go 3 top, 1 and 1 to the bottom two that are supposed to be yours. But the problem is, leaving one person alone in the first minute is dangerous. So I'd send two to the one on your side-bottom, and 3 teamfighters top. Karthus with 2 points in defile will really be a lot of help in securing the top turret, even if he gets killed in the process. After taking that bottom, and trying to take the top, one champion goes from top (or, if somebody died, that person goes -- or, if you lost the tower, everybody goes) toward the remaining close tower.

So I voted for 2.

Faleris

08-13-2011

5 man windmill rush anyone?

The Shank

08-13-2011

I only think 3, it will go to a 1-2-2 split, with one player taking the refinery/drill 2 heading for the quarry/boneyard and then 2 at the windmill.

kkobo

08-13-2011

that most people would go more defensive in the beginning and more offensive during the end, so the best idea would be to go for 3 groups: 2 2-champ groups and 1 1-champ group.
The 2 2-champ groups go for the upper points near the enemy nexus and the last group captures the rest. If something bad happens, then the 2 groups move back to protect the adjacent point.

Kenfrot

08-13-2011

ww/mord/xin OP early on for these 1v1s

Berlitz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenfrot View Post
ww/mord/xin OP early on for these 1v1s
Keep in mind that everyone is level 3 to start so everyone is capable of having all 3 of their skills. I'm thinking the 3 top at Windmill and two at the closest nodes to your spawn point. Whoever loses at Windmill should make a counter push down bottom for the node closer to the enemies spawn. If you get too spread out though one could just punch through the mid to take a tower also.

Casus125

08-13-2011

2 groups.

Travelling solo should be to dangerous in the very beginning.

Group of 2 and Group of 3. Take points closest and then converge on the 3rd.

RAWRitsjaay

08-13-2011

I'd say the whole point is to capture those points ASAP (of course). Making 2 top, 2 bottom, and possibly one to assist or scout.

cheddar fetter

08-13-2011

I think 2 common "strategies" will eventually emerge that will constantly be bent and twisted for each game situation.

1) 4 groups (depending on when greater relics spawn). 1 goes to take closest bottom capture point, 1 takes closest top capture point, 2 go in the direction of the windmill, and 1 goes to try for their greater relic. Even if the relic doesn't spawn, I think the center will be a place of interest right off the bat anyway. It would become the bottom bush of TT in affect. No initial benefit (unless the buff spawns right away) except for a kill.

2) 3 groups. 2 take the closest bottom capture point and then possibly go for relic/initial defend depending on aggressive the enemy team is. 3 go towards the top and split into 1 and 2, the one getting the closest capture point and the 2 advancing on the windmill.

Now these two strategies can easily be changed based on what champs are involved and if you are facing a super aggressive opponent who wants an enemy capture point.

My guess if a team was to try and take an enemy check point is that they would most likely head for the bottom enemy capture point since one would think that the majority of the team would be prioritizing the top area (2 capture points instead of one). Sending 2 champs with some good CC slowing affects should be able to ward off a single champ (this goes with strategy 1).

Also, may I ask when greater relics actually spawn?

calevenice

08-13-2011

@ Zileas, thanks for replying first and giving us gamers a view from a Riot employee.

@ Tricky Fox, great point about noting when the greater buffs spawn. We will see how long it takes for them to spawn.

@ bl0b, 1 is a group.

@ Radiums, 5 groups of 1 may work, but they would need to be able to survive. Possibly, an early survival team will be a possibility.

@ RainRainery, to extend your strategy, the 2 champs who stayed behind to capture the points near your base would then support their team members or defend.

@ Dance Dark, great point.

@ Confusion567, thank you for the view from a WoW player. This makes sense because if the enemy team were to capture your middle point, you would have creeps attacking it from both sides.

@ S2Henry, Having 2 teams of 2 lane and 1 jungle aka scout and support (possibly go for the buff), may definitly be a legitmate strategy. Personally, I think warding mid will be very important for this map. Use of the speed boost should help the "jungler" get to his teammates as well.

@ That **** Ginger, the jungler won't be a jungler in the traditional SR sense. It will be more like if Teemo and Janna were viable junglers.

@ Oug, you could seperate dominion into 1 circle lane or 5 seperate lanes that turn on and off.

@ Thunder Tongue, combined with S2Henry's strategy, I think this will dominate dominion for the first week at least.

@ oaktree, I like that thought, however I think it will be tough trying to get that to work in solo queue. However, it makes sense because with 3 roamers, you would control middle which I think will be critical for this map.

@ Purutzil, I think that is what most teams will do for the first week at least. However, I think it will easily be beaten.

@ MandyMemory, thank you for the insight from a WoW player. I think that anyone who is not familiar with AB will be surprised by this strategy. While, I think this will be the best "rush" strategy, I'm thinking that it may set you up in a worse position around 5 minutes.

@ ScyrinPain, its strategies like that in which I think a lot of the competitive players will enjoy playing Dominion.

@ Lengone, they have announced that its going to be smaller battles. Thank you for pointing out the idiocracy of grouping up when the enemy team is not dead. Dominion does have lanes.

@ RobertFreeman, I like your strategy of skipping your team's "middle" point. Also, will friendly creeps spawn from your other captured points and try to capture a neutral point? I also like that you leave the point for when someone revives if they don't need to help another group.

@ Faleris, lol. You will end up down a control point from the very begginning.

@ The Shank, I think you meant 2 at boneyard/drill and 1 at the quarry/refinery.

@ Dark Flame1090, that seems like a more aggressive approach, but I could see that working.

@ Berlitz, thank you for the insight.

@ Casus125, thank you for the insight.

@ RAWRitsjaay, I like that you pointed out this strategy. As I said before, this will probably dominate.

@ cheddar fetter, you hit it in the bull's eye. Thank you for your post and I hope your question gets answered soon.

1234567 ... 9